Poll: WOULD OcUK MEMBERS LIKE TO SEE MORE PRODUCT VIDEOs BUT DONE BY NERDPHILIA

Would you like to see products tested, reviews and how to by Nerdphilia

• Yes

Votes: 45 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 331 88.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
If that was a bloke, no-one would give a ****.

The production and editing are awful, there's no real content - no real review or comparisons. There is no discernible style, no signature between just those two vids (there maybe more, the telling point is that I didn't care enough to even bother checking).

There's no doubt she's relatively easy on the eye, but so are other vloggers who don't have an accent that sounds like scraping a fork down a china plate.

Soldato
Just watched a couple of minutes of it..... theres a couple of minutes of my life i'm never getting back, as she seems to struggle with even the basics of building a PC (like taking an age putting screws in a board) maybe send her something more appropriate next time.......like an Iron and see if she is more at home with it :eek::D

Soldato
although i do for the most part agree if they are going to do it, it's better to do their own channel and grow that as i'm sure they'd quickly grow a good sized audience. there are issues though with it. i feel them reviewing their own products that they sell may not go down too well with viewers. it will seem clearly biased and they are unlikely to say anything bad about one of their biggest suppliers are they or an item with a huge mark up they may be too tempted to over sell it in the review. would there be issues of favourtism to one brand over another? what about if they make a video, it doesn't sell well so they pull it. do they pull the video too after saying how good it is? There was an issues with the most recent LG monitor built for macs being too close to routers causing issues. should they mention this? if not then people will think of them as dishonest. if so, then what happens when the issue is fixed? what do you think LG will think of ocuk making videos about an issue they'd rather sweep under the rug real quick?

+1

That's why I said earlier on, they have to do honest reviews, good and the bad and let the customer decide. I'd love to spend £500 on a new gfx card, but budget wise I'd be looking at around £170, I am aware that I'm going to sacrifice somewhere here but it would be excellent if they told me where each card in that price bracket measures up and the good and bad of them all. If they are honest, they'd never have to pull videos or worry what people thought. Granted, if a supplier had an issue due to fault then they would have to sort that out, but saying "LG are aware of the issue and are working at a solution, but if you have models with the following serial numbers be aware..." It's delicate, but done the right way it could be extremely beneficial to everyone. Certainly more so than sending products to some annoying attention seeking wench to review, it may not fit with the suppliers branding.

Associate
I watched with the sound off as at work, just thought her eye lashes were nicely done and the jumper not so nice. I will have a listen to her when I get home. I believe it is a treat...

....well I have just listened to her voice and fail to see what the fuss is about. I only watched the chair build but not sure what value the has as a review. Build chair, sit in it, say if comfortable for them.

Would I watch more, maybe depending on subject, boredoom level and if she stops trying so hard.

Last edited:
Soldato
I watched first 50 sec of first vid and turned sound off - what a harsh grating voice she has - love skirt and legs though - even so I won't be watching anymore unless it becomes like "the naked news" --- google it !

Soldato
Depends what the video is about. If it's about a £500 chair then no. If it's about what the best stepping 6700K, or what.s the best memory IC's and what sticks use them then yes.

Associate
No, no, no ,no!!!!

Just awful, she's truly annoying. How many bags of Haribo's did you guys send her, she appears to have downed the lot and is on some type of sugar induced trip.

OcUK, you're better than this.

Soldato
The problem with Lauren is that you can't depend on her, she has too many issues at the moment which may or may not have been worked out. Putting too much money into her and giving her too much could just make her tip again and push her over the edge. I know at least 2 companies who are holding off from her for a while to make sure they can invest in her with confidence. Everyone hopes she is OK of course, but her track record hasn't been great the last 18 months or so.

Caporegime
The problem with Lauren is that you can't depend on her, she has too many issues at the moment which may or may not have been worked out. Putting too much money into her and giving her too much could just make her tip again and push her over the edge. I know at least 2 companies who are holding off from her for a while to make sure they can invest in her with confidence. Everyone hopes she is OK of course, but her track record hasn't been great the last 18 months or so.

Spit it out. Whatcha talkin bout?

Soldato
Spit it out. Whatcha talkin bout?

Huh? she has a range of issues really, but she has done a few vids outlining them, she disappears for months on end whilst she deals with them, as she should, she needs to be well.

I have nothing against her at all, and I hope she does get better and I hope that the last time was the last time that she needed a break. From a business point of view though, she hasn't been available for months, she has products which haven't been reviewed/had media done about them and she has generally just not been around. The companies understand why but it does make her hard to invest in when there are plenty of others that are a safer option.

Hopefully she will be back for good and everything will be fine and I hope you realise I am not knocking her at all, her wellbeing is far more important than the hardware or videos, so I understand exactly why she holds off them.

Back
Top Bottom