Poll: WOULD OcUK MEMBERS LIKE TO SEE MORE PRODUCT VIDEOs BUT DONE BY NERDPHILIA

Would you like to see products tested, reviews and how to by Nerdphilia

• Yes

Votes: 45 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 331 88.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
The marketing force is weak within this thread.

Sigh, look, it matters little what a group of turbo-nerds think on an internet forum -- it should be a purely managerial decision; what are her numbers? Does the channel have sufficient reach and growth? Is it hitting the right demographics for prospective customers? If so, let her have fun and make you some money; if not, it's a no. For more in-depth stuff, I believe you already give samples to TechpowerUp and the like, so that's covered. Simplez.

Caporegime
She seems like a nice enough normal Swedish girl but because you are mostly brits you all think shes attention seeking blonde clueless braindead attention seeker.
By Swedish standards shes incredibly average for a pretty girl. They are ten a penny. Girls and boys grow up playing football and computer games.

I dont want to see any reviews by her because shes a young woman, so what she thinks of a chair is almost irrelevant to what i would probably be interested in.

Last edited:
Soldato

Sigh, look, it matters little what a group of turbo-nerds think on an internet forum -- it should be a purely managerial decision; what are her numbers? Does the channel have sufficient reach and growth? Is it hitting the right demographics for prospective customers? If so, let her have fun and make you some money; if not, it's a no. For more in-depth stuff, I believe you already give samples to TechpowerUp and the like, so that's covered. Simplez.

There is a risk (however small) of alienating the core customer base that got the company to where it is today though. With this strategy you might get some sales until the next company does the same thing, but with a more attractive and more knowledgeable model/youtuber/instagram person.

Soldato

I disagree, market research is massively important and this small cross section of the market for computer goods mostly think the videos are naff. We were asked, so we gave our opinion, its obviously up to the company what they do with that information.

Looking at her comments section i'd say the answer to "Is it hitting the right demographics for prospective customers?" would be no. Most of the comments are just saying she is hot, I doubt many of them are interested in PC parts, or even from the UK. On the second video the comments are even disabled, which to me suggests her audience are a bunch of kids making lewd comments. Hardly the demographic an expensive PC parts company should be aligning themselves with.

Associate
Ok, I had to say no as she didn't review or say anything about the kit she was sent in the videos. If you ask her to do vids of her taking her kit off...sure, she's hot! ;)

V F

V F

Soldato

LOL! Turbo nerds. :D

It doesn't matter? Why does this thread exist and they didn't all of a sudden out of the blue, nerdphilia videos started appearing for reviews?

Soldato
I love her video's but I do find her rather attractive but more importantly she is really funny.

As such would OcUK members like to see more product, testing, how to guide type videos by NERDPHILIA on the OcUK forum, youtube channel etc?
Please God, no! She might be okay in the looks department, but I couldn't watch more than 10 seconds before wanting to turn her off. :(

Soldato
Personally I wouldn't watch any of those videos before making a purchase.

I think OP should ask himself if he would buy a product from such a video, because it should be quite obvious.

Associate
No, but it's not really important what we think, It could be a good marketing move for OcUK outside of the forums.

I really like the idea of the forum members taking part and doing some reviews.

Would've been a marketing move for OCUK, but she neglected to mention it was sent from them didn't she?
Or even link to OCUK in the bit below the clip.
Oopsies!

Back
Top Bottom