1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would this be a stupid first bike?

Discussion in 'Biker's Cafe' started by Buchanan0204, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Buchanan0204

Soldato

Not sure what bike that was?

The CBR600 has 14k on it. (The one I bought)

[​IMG]

2. 4T5

Man of Honour

Nice bike mate but why wait till Summer ? You get some nice crispy dry days this time of the year & the roads are empty. Just give the bike a rinse down when you get back.

3. Buchanan0204

Soldato

It's very tempting. I'm just a bit paranoid with this time of year. On the way to the test centre I nearly lost it, the back end slipped out. That was in the wet right enough.

I'm 23 at the end of December. My insurance drops around £250. So I'll see how it goes and I may well end up insuring it then.

I still need to buy the gear. All I've got is a pair of gloves haha.

4. .one.

Mobster

Just take your time buddy no rush the experience will do good for your biking carer and will pay off when needed the most.

Some nice days in the winter just a little nippy :)

5. Buchanan0204

Soldato

I noticed that learning in November, the wind cuts your throat like a knife! Had to buy one of those neck warmers.

6. MADMAN69UK

Hitman

I wear a neck tube all year round.

You only get hit in the throat by a 90mph bumblebee once to make it worth while... :p

F**k they hurt :eek: :D

7. WoodyUK

Soldato

If your face/skin starts drying up, moisturize, or better yet - invest in a full-face balaclava.

I've also insured my bike (bought it in october) ridden it for about 10-15hrs total, but can't see myself getting it out again until next year with all this crappy weather.

8. Morbius

Wise Guy

I had a bee hit me in the leg while I was doing 70ish and that was a fair whack. It must feel like a full-on punch at 90. :eek:

9. metbandit1

Wise Guy

I wish I could get that long on my new one this year :eek:

All ive done is pay £184 extra for my insurance until march, and it wont get used most likely until then,again due to weather :p