WWDC 2006

Permabanned
Well, it's only a few days to go now, and on Monday we will all get an idea of what new products (if any) Apple are going to release.
So far, there have been plenty of rumours including a banner preview and the iChat Mobile.

I for one am very excited, the prospect of a new Macbook Pro is nice :)
What do you all want to see?

Soldato
Im interested in a macbook pro but the price is kinda putting me off.

Hope they introduce a new macbook pro and maybe that will affect the price of the older ones.

Soldato
i'm liking that apple are teasing us by not putting the whole banner up yet...

Cuts of halfway through the macbook pro at the end, says there may be another product up there.

Rich

Caporegime
well going by what rumours are flying about and that banner aswell, do i spy a MacBook with a backlit keyboard? if i do and they announce it i shall further be delaying my iBook - MacBook upgrade and wait until they release it with the backlit keyboard.

Looking forward to a possible iPhone, Leopard, Lots and lots! glad i got the day off work :D

Associate
Cannot wait for WWDC06 :D, I can remember watching it last year in shock when Apple confirmed they would be abandoning PowerPC and switching to Intel ... here's me typing with my Intel Mac though and couldn't be happier :)

I'm most looking forward to the preview of Leopard, and to what new features that will bring.

Any new products will ofcourse be a joy to see ... especially an iPhone as my 3 or 4 year old Nokia is getting a bit worse for wear these days. I'd also like to see a Newton PDA released as I'm actually needing one these days, but as well as the iPhone am holding off for an Apple one.

Associate
The preview of Leopard is a given, its the World Wide Developers Conference, so it's aimed at previewing the next OS to developers, world wide, in order for them to start designing software for it.

I'd imagine the Mac Pro is also very likely to make an appearance, I'm guessing they'll show this during the keynote sometime and at the very end unveil a completey new product in a "One More Thing..."

Permabanned
OP
Thanks for that article, MagSafe.

My dream would be a revised Macbook Pro with Merom, at the same price structure as the current offerings. I'm buying one whatever the case before October. A new Nano would be cool as well.

Soldato
GoldenGlory said:
Thanks for that article, MagSafe.

My dream would be a revised Macbook Pro with Merom, at the same price structure as the current offerings. I'm buying one whatever the case before October. A new Nano would be cool as well.

Fellow student eh?

Associate
Fillado said:
A few Mac tech sites have news things up, of which the MacWorld 2006 coverage was done by one in lovely AJAX so all you had to do was sit there and let the news roll in :D

Yeah I did the very same thing in January with macrumours.com ... but this time I'm definetly going to avoid the internet till at least 8:30 when hopefully the video footage has been put online.

For anyone that doesn't know the keynote starts at 6pm UK time.

Soldato
Is there an 'issue' with streams/videos of it? You have to pay to get an e-ticket to watch it on Apple's developer site, and it's covered in Apple's normal over zealous NDA stuff :)

Back
Top Bottom