WWDC 2006

Associate
BoomAM said:
I doubt that somehow, because i just checked, and Crucial dont even sell FB-DIMMS!

As i said above, Crucial dont sell FB-DIMMs yet
Refer to my screenshots above - Crucial do have ECC FB-DIMM DDR2 listed on both their US and UK websites. Perhaps they just haven't updated the compatibility list for the Mac Pro yet, given it's only been days since the announcement.

Associate
A guy on Macrumours posted that Crucial had emailed him the following:
"We are sorry to inform you that we are experiencing an inconsistency with the current heat spreaders on our Mac 1GB FBDIMM modules after extended system use. While we rectify this, we have canceled all shipments of these modules until we can provide a more advanced heat spreader that resolves the problem."

Soldato
BoomAM said:
I doubt that somehow, because i just checked, and Crucial dont even sell FB-DIMMS!
They had the 1Gb sticks listed when I checked. As we've now been told (thanks, uchuff), they've since removed them :p Tis the curse and the blessing of the Internets, I guess.

BoomAM said:
Unless you have some insider documentations or own a MacPro, theres no way you can prove that either way. Unless you can list your information source. ;)
The Optical Drives (which I assumed you meant) are ATA (Lookie here, 7th pic down). The Developer Note lists two spare SATA ports, so it's possible these are wired in for the optical bays, but there's been nothing to confirm this either way (I'm just speculating ;)).

BoomAM said:
Whats your point there? I was making an observation of a good option to take if anyone was getting a MacPro, not making a statement about price in regards to it being overpriced.
I know mate :) Just seemed a little redundant after my little rant :D

Back
Top Bottom