WWDC 2007

Soldato
The new finder seems a bit gimmicky to me, doesn't seem to increase the usability unless you have a habit of not knowing what is in your files :) Hopefully they will seed the WWDC beta to devs who couldn't make it tomorrow so I can see if it's any good :)

Associate
Beepcake said:
The new finder seems a bit gimmicky to me, doesn't seem to increase the usability unless you have a habit of not knowing what is in your files :) Hopefully they will seed the WWDC beta to devs who couldn't make it tomorrow so I can see if it's any good :)

They said at the end of the keynote that it wont be available to anyone who didnt attend the conference.

Jet

Jet

Soldato
Did Safari 2 on Mac have spell checking in text boxes? Like Google for instance? I can't remember now.

Post if you find any other new features in the new Safari.

I got a confirmation box when I tried to close a tab after typing some text into Google which was more annoying than helpful lol.

Caporegime
Loving the new Safari.

Little disappointed with the keynote to be honest, he repeated A LOT of what was said last year - was hoping he would reveal more to be honest.

Ah well, now there isn't a MacPro announcment it's time to order! :D

Soldato
Phate said:
Ah well, now there isn't a MacPro announcment it's time to order! :D

wouldn't mind picking up one of these myself but I would hang off until some newer gfx cards get put into them. Do you think that will be coming soon? I haven't been reading up on any rumours so I dunno but i guess it will happen sooner rather than later.

Associate
Fstop11 said:
It would seem that at some point a few weeks ago. installing custom fonts has prevented Safari 3 to display any type what so ever and cause it to crash.

Can some wizz quickily assit me before I format.

The safari installer comes with an uninstaller package

Caporegime
jonnyc747 said:
wouldn't mind picking up one of these myself but I would hang off until some newer gfx cards get put into them. Do you think that will be coming soon? I haven't been reading up on any rumours so I dunno but i guess it will happen sooner rather than later.

Hello,

I don't think it will happen any time soon personally, plus look at what is currently on order - I am ordering mine with a X1900XT 512MB that's way more than most will need for this year or next, you can always upgrade later if you wish...

Just buy it :D no point with all this waiting lark, you'll never be happy!

Soldato
Interesting addition of Open MP into Leopard too.

Should make SETI/Folding etc easier to implement..

Re Office 2008 - possibly but the kicker is the VB vs Applescript. Nothing like building fences between the two platforms. I suppose that's why all the parallels etc.. but I don't want to buy a Vista install at that cost!

Mind you 129 dollars will equate to 129 ukp here so.... that's a bit steep but Timemachine at least is some true functionality and worth the cost..

Last edited:
Associate
I've been using Safari 3 for quite some time now on Leopard. An obvious feature missing in this public beta is the webclip function. I don't see why it couldn't be implemented in Tiger.

Associate
NickK said:
Interesting addition of Open MP into Leopard too.

Should make SETI/Folding etc easier to implement..

Re Office 2008 - possibly but the kicker is the VB vs Applescript. Nothing like building fences between the two platforms. I suppose that's why all the parallels etc.. but I don't want to buy a Vista install at that cost!

Mind you 129 dollars will equate to 129 ukp here so.... that's a bit steep but Timemachine at least is some true functionality and worth the cost..

OS X is usually £99, and Tiger was £89. £129 buys 5 licenses I think.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I have to admit, not overly impressed with the "secret features" :(

The new finder looks swanky, not sure about how useful coverflow will be though! Time machine looks handy, but the best thing they've implemented is the use of stacks.. really would come in handy!

Back
Top Bottom