WWDC 2007

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There was a live audio feed but I declined as I wanted to watch the keynote :)

Seems we'll have to wait until tomorrow before it shows up on the Apple site, I was hoping that wasn't going to be the case though!

Soldato
first time since using a computer/mac I've actually looked forward to getting a new OS, and thats in the past 10 years!

anyone installed safari beta on osx yet?
Just rebooted after installing it and MSN has crashed twice and FF once within 5minutes :/ odd!

Last edited:
Soldato
tsinc80697 said:
first time since using a computer/mac I've actually looked forward to getting a new OS, and thats in the past 10 years!

anyone installed safari beta on osx yet?
Just rebooted after installing it and MSN has crashed twice and FF once within 5minutes :/ odd!

yeah safari beta working spot on here and also on vista!

Soldato
Damn Apple to hell with their brilliance.

Was gonna sell my MBP, but I just can't after that. (I would imagine there's some even more nice stuff, too)

Soldato
I loved the laugh that the unveiling 'new desktop' recieved. I can't help but think everyone in the room thought it was a play on Vista, especially with the grass background and transparent menu bar - which I'm not really a fan of. I think it's too transparent.

Soldato
Yeh, i think once gaming becomes good on mac as a consumer i dont think there is any real competition for leopard.. it looks so easy to use...

great stuff. only thing that annoys me is the audience.. WOOOOO at anything, like the networking thing.. ok did you know you could share files before?! :p

Associate
Slogan said:
I loved the laugh that the unveiling 'new desktop' recieved. I can't help but think everyone in the room thought it was a play on Vista, especially with the grass background and transparent menu bar - which I'm not really a fan of. I think it's too transparent.

I am not keen on the transparent menu bar, a bit Vista. But I am sure it will grow on me, just have to wait till October!

Soldato
Sorry if its a bit OT, but is it true Vmware are making some emulation software for macs? Allowing for x86 guest operating systems to run on the mac?

Soldato
lemonkettaz said:
great stuff. only thing that annoys me is the audience.. WOOOOO at anything

I actually thought the audience seemed quite bored with the latter part of the conference. Webclip, Time Machine and several other things that were shown have all been around for ages - dampened even still by detailed video explainations on how they work on the Apple website. (which have been around for months, too)

Founder_film said:
I am not keen on the transparent menu bar, a bit Vista. But I am sure it will grow on me, just have to wait till October!

Very Vista-ish, I thought. There were also a few other things that struck me as Vista-ish as well, but I can't seem to remember them.

I love the transparency in Vista, it looks really good. On a Mac, I'm not so sure. That metallicy bar at the top makes a statement that you're using a Mac and that seems to go with how transparent the new menu bar is - but I probably will end up liking it.

Back
Top Bottom