*** WWDC 2017 : 5th - 9th June ***

Man of Honour
That discount is pretty poor for HE. Used to be so much better.

My iMac isn't here until Thursday :(

Didn't even get moaned at from the other half for buying it, as she'll be getting the 13" MBP out of it. My 15" MBP will just live in clamshell mode now in the living room hooked up to the TV, bit of a waste but it's always handy to have in case I actually need a laptop, and everything my missus gets hold of gets ruined so I'd rather not have to rely on hers

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
That discount is pretty poor for HE. Used to be so much better.

My iMac isn't here until Thursday :(

Didn't even get moaned at from the other half for buying it, as she'll be getting the 13" MBP out of it. My 15" MBP will just live in clamshell mode now in the living room hooked up to the TV, bit of a waste but it's always handy to have in case I actually need a laptop, and everything my missus gets hold of gets ruined so I'd rather not have to rely on hers

Was it a case of shiny new toy or do you actually use the extra power?

Man of Honour
I've wanted to go back to a desktop for a while. I've been toying with the idea of building my own windows rig for ages but keep cooling on the idea as truth be told, I really don't have time to play games, and that would be the only reason for building my own. But still wanted a desktop. The MBP has served me well but I use it in clamshell mode hooked up to a monitor the majority of the time anyway.

Didn't think the iMac was getting an update at WWDC so didn't even consider them but as soon as I saw the spec bump, my mind was pretty much made up

Soldato
I remember there was a link you could go to to get Education discounts even when not on a University computer - Have they tightened all that up now? Looks like you have to prove you're in Education in some form or another now.

Is the education discount only for Uni's etc or are schools ok too? And do you need to prove anything or is it ok if you are on an education network?

Soldato
I've opted for a MacBook to replace my MBA. The only CPU intensive tasks I run are Plex Media Server and I don't run anything video intensive. If the Macbook doesn't cope then I'll return it and get a Pro but I'd rather it didn't come to that. Can you get USB-C splitters? I normally charge my phone (Pixel XL) from my laptop and this won't be easy with the Macbook.

Soldato
iMac ordered :D

Just the week to wait now. If I can get Target Display Mode to work with my Macbook Air then I'll be upgrading that to a mid-spec Macbook Pro too as that weighs the same as my 2013 Macbook Air.

Associate
Curious about the Homepod, wondering if it will be better than the Sonos. Last time Apple did a speaker they didn't support it for long nor was it that great if i remember correctly.

In two minds about upgrading my 2013 MBPr to the new one with touchbar, playing around with it in stores I didn't think the touchbar was that amazing and then to have mess around with dongles till the world catches up to USB 3 seems off. Was hoping they bring back magsafe as well but that's not realistically going to happen is it...

Soldato
Curious about the Homepod, wondering if it will be better than the Sonos. Last time Apple did a speaker they didn't support it for long nor was it that great if i remember correctly.

The reviews I've seen said that it sounds better than the Sonos Play:3. However, they were keen to point out that they weren't sure whether the Play:3 had been configured properly.

Personally, I'd love an all-Apple solution as I love AirPlay. I think I'm too invested in Sonos at this point though.

Associate
12" MB i7 8GB ordered, and 256GB 10.5" Space grey..

I was going to use the discounts from wife's NHS thing then discovered I am get VAT relief from my accountant being self employed doh!!

The i7 MB isn't arriving till the 19th! dunno why its delayed so much. They haven't taken payment for the ipad yet, but have been debited for the MB.

Soldato
12" MB i7 8GB ordered, and 256GB 10.5" Space grey..

I was going to use the discounts from wife's NHS thing then discovered I am get VAT relief from my accountant being self employed doh!!

The i7 MB isn't arriving till the 19th! dunno why its delayed so much. They haven't taken payment for the ipad yet, but have been debited for the MB.

I really really want a rMB, but the lack of thunderbolt puts me off. I don't understand why they seem quite happy to later the MBP & iMac with Thunderbolt ports but won't give us a single one on the rMB.

Back
Top Bottom