*** WWDC 2017 : 5th - 9th June ***

Soldato
I remember there was a link you could go to to get Education discounts even when not on a University computer - Have they tightened all that up now? Looks like you have to prove you're in Education in some form or another now.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I remember there was a link you could go to to get Education discounts even when not on a University computer - Have they tightened all that up now? Looks like you have to prove you're in Education in some form or another now.

That's how I purchased my MBP in 2015, via back door link. Got the discount and 3 years AppleCare. Now it's hooked into Unidays where you have to prove you're a HE student.

Soldato
That's how I purchased my MBP in 2015, via back door link. Got the discount and 3 years AppleCare. Now it's hooked into Unidays where you have to prove you're a HE student.

:(

Might have to badger my friend, who's busy with his PHD, for a little Apple discount :p

Soldato
I like the look of the specs on the new iMac - I've no real need for an iMac Pro. Interested in getting the i7 version to replace my 2015 i5 5K one. Nice to finally see a full size keyboard!

I'd like to see if the RAM can be replaced just as easily on this model before buying though. I'm not paying Apple prices for an increase in RAM.

Edit - would also like to see how large the SSD is on the Fusion drive, as my older model had 128 GB whereas the newer models reduced this down to only 32 GB.

Man of Honour
So I am stuck......I am in a state of indecision on do I got 13" or back to 15" MacBook Pro. I have had both and I preferred the 13" due to the significant weight in my old 2010 MacBook Pro 15", but the new one is much lighter. Can't decide as I want some potential gaming power for the odd flight etc and the bigger screen appeals, but the 13 inch form factor just seems about perfect. Help me!!!!

27" iMac Ordered and 12" iPad

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
So I am stuck......I am in a state of indecision on do I got 13" or back to 15" MacBook Pro. I have had both and I preferred the 13" due to the significant weight in my old 2010 MacBook Pro 15", but the new one is much lighter. Can't decide as I want some potential gaming power for the odd flight etc and the bigger screen appeals, but the 13 inch form factor just seems about perfect. Help me!!!!

27" iMac Ordered and 12" iPad

Games on the iMac surely and 13" to be portable?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
To be fair at home it's games on my gaming PC but when not at home was more my point.

I'd have a look at the different between the 13" and 15" in store. My 2015 15" is big, and if I was doing a fair amount of traveling I'd go with a 13". My bag is huge to accommodate the 15".

Man of Honour
I'd have a look at the different between the 13" and 15" in store. My 2015 15" is big, and if I was doing a fair amount of traveling I'd go with a 13". My bag is huge to accommodate the 15".

My cabin bags will all hold 15" MacBook's so I am OK on that but I think you're right. I think I am getting over focused on the extra GPU and screen real estate when in reality I rarely (if ever) think, if only this screen was bigger or if only I could play iRacing at 37000 feet.

So then.......I5 or I7?

Soldato
I was debating between 15" MBP or iMac and keeping my MBA for working on-site and travelling. But I couldn't game on it as it's well underpowered for that (2013 MBA). But having the portability of the MBA for the past 4 years, don't think I could move to something bigger and heavier.

Soldato
Just to be clear, is the lowest end MBP now the 2017 version? I might be wrong, but I swear that before this refresh the £1250 machine was the 2015 version, and the non-touch 2016 was more like £1400? Very tempted by a new one if so!

Soldato
If you max out the 27" iMac it comes to just under £5k — with the iMac Pro starting at $4999 it will no doubt be £4999.

Think there's any benefit to an entry level iMac Pro over at top-spec iMac?

Back
Top Bottom