X-Factor 2011

Soldato
Why is there so much anger?
I checked on youtube and there is much vitriol being directed towards Marcus.

Because it's cool to hate the x-factor don't you know!

I haven't had a listen yet so I'll reserve judgement till I do. But it doesn't sound like a match made in heaven to me. The original is such an amazing tune as well.

Soldato
The winners tend not release anything until XFactor comes back, they are normally the first guest of the live shows with a new single.

Soldato
Personally, I think the XFactor people are shooting themselves in the foot by now permitting the winners from releasing their first (non xfactor) single for a 8-12 months.

XFactor spend 2-3 months publicising the winning act and then allow all that hard work to go to waste.

Its almost like spending 2-3 months advertising a brand new product 10 months before its release. Then, at when product is about to be released, there has been no advertising for the last 8 months.

Its such a waste.

Soldato
Well to be fair, straight after the show there is nothing to release is there?

They have the awful X-factor single, and then you have to write/find and record something after that for whoever has won it which could be 3 or 4 entirely different markets.

Doesnt take 8 months, but what ever.

Soldato
They do indeed have the xfactor single (which always does well...some of these debut singles have gone on to become some of the biggest selling singles of all time), but after that, it is important, to follow up with more singles, to really get into the minds of people. For people to become "fans" of a group or singer, they need a few good songs (not just 1).

After all the marketing and advertising which xfactor brings, it seems like waste to go quiet for 8-12 months.

Soldato
Don't they do the X-Factor tour for a few months, then record their album?

Yes, but why should that stop an album or new singles being recorded?
Remember, these bands are not writing or arranging their own material. The songs are already written and it is not beyond the realms of possibility for more than 1 track to be sung in a single day. The producers will take care of the rest, after the vocals have been laid down and singers have left the building.

The group can then spend 48 hours on the video shoot.

If they really wanted to, they could churn out 1 single (and video), every 5-7 days. You only have to look at Rihanna who probably releases the most singles of any artist - she also tours.

I think there is a misunderstanding that these groups are spending a year writing and arranging their songs. This is not the case.

Back
Top Bottom