• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X299 binned and delidded CPU's now available. Along with 8Pack Elite Tier bundles.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Are you aloud to talk about expected O/C (delided) on the HCC CPU's? What's a good ball park figure on them? 4.8Ghz ?

OcUK Staff
OP
Normal AVX maybe is fine without offset it depends on cpu. AVX512 not. You need offset to control Temps.

It's a depends on the Cpu answer more and you need to test. The figures I gave above means you can plug them in and it's stable without testing.

Soldato
Normal AVX maybe is fine without offset it depends on cpu. AVX512 not. You need offset to control Temps.

It's a depends on the Cpu answer more and you need to test. The figures I gave above means you can plug them in and it's stable without testing.

The one's above though arn't 4.7ghz are they Ian ? They are 5.279ghz. The point is though, by your own statement "Normal AVX maybe is fine without offset it depends on cpu. AVX512 not." actually means you arn't testing with ANY form of AVX, either "Normal" or 512.
So if your belief is that 4.7ghz should be ok, then why not test with AVX at that and then sell them at that ?

OcUK Staff
OP
Our wires are totally crossed here mate. I was answering the customers question about the i9 7900X and not the 7740X I screen shot above.

That chip will probably only need 1 ratio avx offset to be stable. It's not as hot nor is it avx 512 enabled.

We don't quote with avx as that's not needed for the majority of end users using these chips who are gamers. We add this to the description of the product and in the video I made I said non avx prime.

If our business customer needs avx then we test avx. The reason for avx offset in the bios is so that end users can tailor frequency against workload. So SSE can be maxed out AVX can be maxed out and if the CPU is capable AVX 511 can be maxed out. I myself think this is a good feature for extra tuning and with i9 helps control Temps.

Soldato
Your right Ian, our wires are totally crossed lol.

I trust though that yourself and others will give as much attention to to disabling AVX when clocking Ryzen and Threadripper cpu's and showing us the headline results ? After all it stands to reason that if the 7900x needs it offset to get a decent clock, then the only fair way of comparing it to Ryzen or Threadripper would be to do the same ? If the option isn't available for both, then that should be made well clear in any results, wouldn't you agree ? Or even better would be just to test both in the same way with no AVX offset.

OcUK Staff
OP
Sure if you check my video I used non avx prime 26.6 and Realbench to test Threadripper and ryzen also. Our main customers on here are gamers so I show what they can expect under non avx load. Same always and consistent I agree.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Ryzen isn't so mentally hot under AVX as these so a lot easier to achieve. Your 3.9 bundle will do AVX as long as people spec reasonable cooling.

I am 3.9 on a 360 and OCCT linpack AVX hits about 62-63 fans on silent. Sub 60 with fans ramped up.

Back
Top Bottom