X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Soldato
*****BREAKING NEWS THE XTC MOD HAS BEEN RELEASED*****

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAQ7x8K6Yjg

Thread
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=18041628&posted=1#post18041628

MOD
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293490

*****BREAKING NEWS THE XTC MOD HAS BEEN RELEASED*****

X3:TC the biggest and last X series game is now available.

* New user interface allowing entire control using the mouse
* Introducing a brand new faction, "The Terrans"
* Ability to enter Earths systems and visit well known sectors such as Saturn and many more
* New group management allowing control of more ships
* Over 100 new ships, classes and weapons
* Capture huge battle ships with your own pirate crew

The game will feature five different campaigns. These are separate from one another and each tell a unique story leading to some special and unique rewards. All of these five campaigns can be played from most gamestarts (see below) and use full voice recordings.

It is important to know that most gamestarts allow you to play ALL campaigns. The game lets you choose between four gamestarts right after first installation and more than 10 more gamestarts can be activated when playing the game. Some of the gamestarts feature special missions and some require you to play "bridge" missions to get the right relations to other factions before you can play all campaigns.

Some people incorrectly describe the new content mainly by focussing on the new Terran race. Yes, the Terran introduce an entire new economy with two factions (military and secret service ATF), but there is a whole lot more: There are now a number of corporations which you can find in different places of the "old" X universe. They have HQ stations, operate their own ships and offer unique missions.

Most importantly, there are several new ship classes which exists for ALL races and also greatly change and upgrade the known X universe. In addition to that there is of course also a lot of re-design in established systems and new sectors are added in many places. Last but not least there is yet another unique new faction that you can find by playing one of the five main campaigns.

LINKS:

Rolling demo benchmark now available

Trailers available here http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3tc/videos_en.php

Universe map http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_map/?c=NDQ1MDQxOQ#1jpg
FREE ships http://www.pitmancoventry.co.uk/temp/abandoned_ships.txt

Ship Stats http://www.3enfamille.net/fichiers_de_download/Ship_Stats_X3TC_v.1.00.rar

[script] Salvage Claim Software - Claim ships from the safety of your ship (and its not illegal)

[MOD] Add 100k to Draw Distance - can kill performance but makes things more realistic

[SCRIPT] Remove Rocks from Universe - helps performance

[MOD] No Civilians - Performance mod again

[SCRIPT] [2008.10.25] Weapons Quickswap v1.01 - nice mod to allow you to setup 3 different weapon profiles

[SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.3 (beta) - makes ships bail in NPC v NPC battles

[SCRIPT] Improved Boarding - Boarding party hot keys (yay)

lots more at http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The game is a open ended empire building game, if you dont even have to follow the plots if you dont want to. I have no idea if you need to of played the previous games for the story to click ive not got my hands on a copy of the game yet.

X3:Reunion is a great game, as long as you remember to patch it to the latest version. X3:TC is even better.

Soldato
OP
I couldn't get into X3 on release, too buggy/broken things that I couldn't get passed but I might give this a go.

Is it out now?

The problems with the release version of X3 were fixed within a week of release. They have updated the game a lot since release and even added new content.

The game is officially released on the 17th but my copy is already in the post to me.

Soldato
OP
This game looks great, like a higly polished x3, the GUI is getting a revamp and they have made changes to the combat to allow better combat with a mouse. It might be prudent to wait in this case, as x3 was a mess out of the box. Lets hope this is better in that respect. Let the Elite love continue!

It should be fine out of the box, its not a new engine like X3:R was, the problems with the X3 engine were ironed out years ago.

Soldato
OP
Well it's about time we had a new sci-fi space sim to play. I hope it's easy enough to pick up, or at the very least, has a fairly reasonable learning curve.

if there is one thing the X series is known for is the very high learning curve, i dont know how much the new interface helps but once you have got past the initial learning curve then expect to wast 1000's of hours on the game.

Soldato
OP
Is it really a space sim though? Reading through the posts of people who are into it, it seems they play it more like an rts / empire builder. How much time do you actually spend flying around shooting stuff?

yes it is a true space sim, ie you fly a ship using a joystick. But your not limited to 1 ship you can have as many as you want. The ships available to you include fast scouts, massive destroyers and transporters, you can setup the ships to be wingmen, patrol squadrons, traders or even your own personal flagship..... your only limit is the amount of cash you can raise. Yes if you want that nice shiny new ship you need to save up your credits and buy it.

As for time spent flying and shooting stuff thats entirely up to you, some people like the empire building stuff and spend all their time doing that others like me prefer combat and spend my time hunting pirates and doing assassination and invasion missions.

Soldato
OP
I was told that you can disable, board and capture enemy ships. Apparently you can hear the fighting that takes place inside while it all happens. Sounds fantastic :cool:

thats only for capital ships, with fighters the pilot just bails in his space suit and leaves his ship floating in space for you to claim. If your feeling mean you can kill the pilot or even pick him up and sell him as a slave. :D

Soldato
OP
I am tempted to get this but never played any previous titles, how immersive/long is this game? From the sounds of things it seems fun, but I really enjoyed more strategy based style space games like imperium galactica 1 + 2 or Space reingers series. How does X3 compares with them? (I am aware that X3 isn;t that much of a strategy though)

If you can get over the initial learning curve then you will find it a very immersive game, its a open ended space combat RPG so the game is a long as you like.

There are a lot of strategy aspects of the game but its a genra all of its own. You really need to try the game and judge these things for your self, there will be a demo, i recommend just buying it, if you dont want to buy the latest version get a copy of X2 or X3 both should be available for peanuts and X2 even has some tutorials built in.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So how does it actually compare to X3? More of the same or a noticable improvement. How's the interface in particular?

ive still not got my copy(dam royal fail) so im going by what others have said.

The graphics engine hasnt changed much so dont expect much of a difference there, not that it needs to be the engine still looks fabulous. Although its ment to be better optimized.

The new voice recordings are supposedly excellent

The new menu system and mouse control stuff is ment to be very well thought out.

The new mission system is amazing no more searching for hours to find a mission and you can even get missions from passing ships.

Lots of other improvements as well.

Oh and i mustn't forget the good old jump gate cut scene is back :D

Soldato
OP
Anyone know if the Steam version is going to be allow scripts and mods?

Seeing as scripting and mods are a large part of the game and no one has complained about these features being missing from the X3:R steam version i think its a good bet that they are available.

Soldato
OP
Well thinking back to when X3 was released and was so full of bugs that it was unplayable I wouldn't say this patch is good customer support just yet... may be fixing things which should have been complete before it went gold tbh.

read whats in the patch its just minor bug fixes and new content

Soldato
OP
well that's good to know... it was bloody frustrating waiting for the patch when X3 was released :(

Just downloading it from Steam now :)

It was the publishers fault x3 was released incomplete. They forced Egosoft to release it several weeks before it was finished. :mad:

Soldato
OP
mine has been in the post 4 days still not got :mad:

certain website not "play"ing fair LOL

I was about to cancel my delivery and order from steam but they started shipping early so i didnt bother if it isnt waiting for me when i get home im going to be very annoyed.

detailed info on system specs can be found in the latest x-news letter

http://www.egosoft.com/x/xnews/200810_44News.html

Soldato
OP
YAY my copy has arrived im installing it as i type :D:D:D:D

I am a bit annoyed as im not able to speed all weekend playing it..... Why do mums have to have birthdays?????:mad::(:p:cool:

Soldato
OP
Thoughts so far, more or less what i expected. The only complaint i have is thay have changed the order of the commands in the navigation menu.

Combat is hard but about the same as x3 with XTM mod so cant complain. new mission system is intresting but has 1 minor draw back, as you no longer need to dock to get to them so you dont get the benifit of regular auto saves.

Back
Top Bottom