X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Soldato
So i got X Rebirth and its not quite what i expected, so im going to give this another go, Iv'e got X3:TC and X3:AP, played mostly X3 Vanilla when it was out, and then with the Xtended Mod, but now that i have TC and AP i'm unsure of wich to play. Do i play TC with the extended mod or AP? Will the extended mod work with AP at all?
I did love Xtended when it first came out but its been such a long time.
Are there any other mods that people would recomend as well.

I remember doing a lot of captureing larger ships with some ship that im guessing was part of the Xtended mod, that was fun.

AP has better optimization than TC, more eye candy too. So if you're going to play xtended, you may as well do it on AP. There is a mod to port the TC plots over to AP if you wanted the TC story but on the AP engine.

Soldato
I already own X3: TC , never really got into it , would AP be worth the tenner
and try it instead ?

If you never manged to get into TC, you're not going to find AP any different. It's just a little more shiny with some new features to keep people interested. Essentially though, it's the same as TC.

Soldato
If you never manged to get into TC, you're not going to find AP any different. It's just a little more shiny with some new features to keep people interested. Essentially though, it's the same as TC.

Interesting, maybe I should just buy Albion Prelude instead of waiting for X3:TC to become cheaper. Nvm...I forgot it was an expansion :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I might install this again :)

I never got around to trying the xtended mod.

Going to either go X3TC+Xtended or X3AP+Rebalance
I have both mods in bookmarks from when I was playing TC ages ago but I never got around to downloading them :(

Another bonus is the game now runs native in linux :D

Soldato
Hmmm, think the 0/10 crew got more justification on this one, but still, there is a game buried in there somewhere apparently so at least a 1 would suffice tbh. 0 should be like cannot even load it.

Soldato
I downloaded the Xtended mod

Is it ok to install over the top of existing game folder in steam, or do I have to copy the folder and have another install of X3TC?

Just backing up the game folder before doing anything but noticed on the forums some people say to install over top of steam and others say to copy the game folder and install the patch from the egosoft website :confused:

edit:
Q0. How do I install on a steam version of Terran Conflict?
A. "Run the X-Tended_-_Terran_Conflict_2.0.exe file. Instead of installing XTC in the default directory suggested by the installer, install to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X3 Terran Conflict". If on an operating system prior to Win 7, remove the " (x86)" from the directory."
(credit to CubemonkeyNYC)
Alternatively Aragon Speed has suggested copying the steam installation to a new directory for use in XTC
found some info on the mod FAQ so am going to try installing over the top of steam one :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anybody have the time to jot down why I should get the Xtended mod? I see that it adds a tonne of new ships to the game but is that it? Personally the number of ships I could fly was never the limiting factor to X.

Man of Honour
So... Thanks Egosoft - the level of questions about the xrm has gone through the roof since Rebirth's release!

^^ One of the guys who made the X3 rebalance mod, lol :)

This I am going to go for the rebalance mod - seems to get a lot more support and updates.

Associate
Going to either go X3TC+Xtended or X3AP+Rebalance

That is my conundrum at the moment. I wish the mods were switched in place because I imagine rebalance is closest to the vanilla game which would probably be the one to play first but on the other hand you would probably want to play AP second to appreciate what it added.

Doe xtended start from the beginning like the vanilla game? A couple of things I have read implies that it starts after TC finished.

Soldato
I installed Xtended but decided to give vanilla AP a go as looking on my steam I'd only played AP for about 30mins.

Have been playing humble merchant, got hooked last night .... was playing until gone midnight and didn't even realise the time.
Went to the stock exchange in seizewell to make some money and ended up making 18mil (went there with 160k)

Would be amazing if they made X3 multiplayer in some way :D

Back
Top Bottom