X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I have thought about it, never tried the extended mod though. It may well fill the void that Rebirth should have filled.

Soldato
I need to attempt to play this again, Over the years I have tried it twice:

1st time: On release, buggy as anything, played for about 2 hours and gave up
2nd time: few years later: better experience , started doing objectives, put it on autopilot, made a cup of tea and smashed into astroid. Gave up.

I get its slow to start, I guess I need to figure out a way to have some patience with it, Does Xtend help in that respects? Does it aid in better gameflow?

Soldato
I need to attempt to play this again, Over the years I have tried it twice:

1st time: On release, buggy as anything, played for about 2 hours and gave up
2nd time: few years later: better experience , started doing objectives, put it on autopilot, made a cup of tea and smashed into astroid. Gave up.

I get its slow to start, I guess I need to figure out a way to have some patience with it, Does Xtend help in that respects? Does it aid in better gameflow?

From what I understand, Xtended makes the world more complicated and intricate. This introduces a load of positives, but it also massively increases the learning curve.

Associate
Think I'm going to reinstall it for some dead is dead fun. Because starting with an un-upgraded boron octopus in the arse end of the universe with no guns, no money and illegal goods onboard is more fun then it really should be. And its all saved to the steam cloud so if you bump accidently hit tab after undocking and boost into the side of a station you have to start it all over again! Glorious

Or maybe I'm just a masochist?

Soldato
Always wanted to like the Xtended mod but could never get into it on TC. It was great in X3:R but just so slow to get going on X3:TC.

This was quite unfortunate, as I was on the mod team a few years back modelling ships! I've never been able to play it for long enough to get to the point where I actually see anything I've made ingame :(
For all I know they were remodeled after my involvement stopped anyway. I can't find many screenshots of them, but know that they did try and avoid releasing too many teasers of new ships anyway.

Soldato
Playing the vanilla game, just got to Mars, which is further than I got before. Is the game supposed to be deliberately slow paced? Like the patrolling sectors missions were about 15m of flying around into nothing and then one enemy appeared.

Soldato
Can this game be bought for <£10 anywhere? Prefereably digital, I have a copy at home but it will be a while until I head back there. Since it seems my space sim cravings wont be fulfilled by x rebirth I was hoping to start this game up again....on the cheap.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Is the game supposed to be deliberately slow paced? Like the patrolling sectors missions were about 15m of flying around into nothing and then one enemy appeared.

The start is yes, it's supposed to be a gentle introduction to the world of X3, it will pick up considerabley later on.

Soldato
any good youtube videos to watch on how to play the game, im also gonna install the extended mod so I don't know if that will effect any of the videos I watch.

Associate
So i got X Rebirth and its not quite what i expected, so im going to give this another go, Iv'e got X3:TC and X3:AP, played mostly X3 Vanilla when it was out, and then with the Xtended Mod, but now that i have TC and AP i'm unsure of wich to play. Do i play TC with the extended mod or AP? Will the extended mod work with AP at all?
I did love Xtended when it first came out but its been such a long time.
Are there any other mods that people would recomend as well.

I remember doing a lot of captureing larger ships with some ship that im guessing was part of the Xtended mod, that was fun.

Back
Top Bottom