X4 Foundations

Soldato
The German government published a list of games getting funding over the this and next calendar year.

Egosoft gets will receive €941,587 for X-22 (placeholder name for stand alone game) that is on top of the €381,604 for the upcoming X4 Foundations DLC focusing on pirates (that was known months ago)

https://www.gameswirtschaft.de/politik/games-foerderung-bmvi-10-2021-anno/

Plenty of other games there too including new Anno, Railway Empire 2, etc.

Soldato
did they ever add AI that actually works

they usually say ai needs cpu so they cant make it better as its already cpu hungry the game due to economy crap. I call bull but whatever.

For a 100% simulated game world, better AI means more CPU or GPU power. It will raise the bar of minimum specs considerably to 5950X or higher. Already using 10 cores on Linux (using 3900X) due to the superior governor-scheduler hence why the game is running much better there than windows which is restricted to 6.

Also have to understand minimum specs are pretty low atm Intel i5-4590 3.3GHz (so it will play on 2000 & 3000 Intel CPUs) with recommended i7 6700. And many laptops with 3GB+ GPU can play the game too. So all these people will be lost as customers for any game that might implement proper AI matrix raising the specs.

So better AI, will need more CPU power which will limit how many people will play the game. They could offload better AI to GPU but they would need dedicated GPUs to do so.

As a business Egosoft needs to sell the game to as many as possible while keeping some cool stuff running.
And as challenge go to the config file and set the values of trafficdensity and chardensity to 1 (is 0.5 due to perf issues after 3.00 almost adding 50% more world) also open the jobs file and add 20% more capacity to the NPC factions ships and stations. (is not that much you know)

I hope you have a 10900K or 5800X/5900X/5950X at 5Ghz :p

Caporegime
so the games still full of buggy ai and they blame peoples cpus? then why make a bunch of promises they can't keep.

do the factions at least fight each other properly now

Soldato
OP
i dont play much but a lot argue that xenons are nerfed to hell and the new azguard ship is apparently unbeatable in oos combat vs multiple Ks, tho somehow stations can take it down.

Soldato
so the games still full of buggy ai and they blame peoples cpus? then why make a bunch of promises they can't keep.

do the factions at least fight each other properly now

a) Show us the buggy AI where with save file provided.
b) Show us that the factions cannot fight properly. Because those who are at war with especially the HOP vs ARG-PAR-XEN one. Or the one you trigger between TER and ANT.

Please provide a vanilla (not modded) save and explain in detail what you mean.

Soldato
This Nemesis has been a game changer.
Threw on 4 Bolt Repeaters an Ion Blasters and 2 flak turrets. I can now comfortably take out Xenon raiding parties.

Soldato
OP
there should be given the much better ipc for 5xxx cpus vs the 3xxx ones.

Personally id wait for alder or am5 stuff next year as the ipc boost will be even bigger which x4 craves.

Last edited:
Soldato
there should be given the much better ipc for 5xxx cpus vs the 3xxx ones.

Personally id wait for alder or am5 stuff next year as the ipc boost will be even bigger which x4 craves.

By the time am5 is out in 12-13 months, it will be 12-13 months later. Who knows if we are dead or alive.
Same applies to ADL which might look good however atm a 5800X goes brand new £260 in EU, not requiring to change motherboard nor the block (Bitspower Tochaqua) and could sell for that amount the 3900X while still having some value. Same also for the 3D cache Zen3+.

Also SAM works as you have seen on the X4 forum discussion. I do not want to lose that as it gave me 15% higher FPS bringing the 5700XT in par to the 6700XT at the minimum FPS in X4. (is over 120fps at MSAA 2x)

Soldato
OP
AM5 is out in a few months from what rumors are going about and so is alderlake either end of year or just q1 2022.

True it is easier to just slap a 5xxx chip in if mb supports it. Captain collins i think uses a 5800 cpu. His streams seem smooth a lot of the time. But yeah the IPC from 3xxx to 5xxx was like 20% better wasnt it from what i remember of amd slides etc. Thats probs why i never jumped on the 3600 bandwagon as the the 5xxx series IPC jump looked good to wait till 5xxx cpus got a bit cheaper. Heck i might get one if it wasnt that i rather have a intel as the 3570k i have atm has served me well and still rocking almost any game still great apart from x4 obviously. :D

Remember i said "personally" which means for me with regards to that stuff above of the new platforms.

Some ppl there have 5xxx u could pm em and ask questions?
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=427248&start=180

The last post had a guy with a 5800 cpu.

Last edited:
Soldato
AM5 is out in a few months from what rumors are going about and so is alderlake either end of year or just q1 2022.

True it is easier to just slap a 5xxx chip in if mb supports it. Captain collins i think uses a 5800 cpu. His streams seem smooth a lot of the time. But yeah the IPC from 3xxx to 5xxx was like 20% better wasnt it from what i remember of amd slides etc. Thats probs why i never jumped on the 3600 bandwagon as the the 5xxx series IPC jump looked good to wait till 5xxx cpus got a bit cheaper. Heck i might get one if it wasnt that i rather have a intel as the 3570k i have atm has served me well and still rocking almost any game still great apart from x4 obviously. :D

Remember i said "personally" which means for me with regards to that stuff above of the new platforms.

Some ppl there have 5xxx u could pm em and ask questions?
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=427248&start=180

The last post had a guy with a 5800 cpu.

Yeah saw those benchmarks and keeping close eye to them. hmmm

Soldato
If I want to try out this series but don't want to spend the money on X4 just yet. Which older ones should I check out? Looking to purchase on GOG.
How much so? What makes X4 much better of a game? Talk me into it and I may change my mind and buy it :p.

a) Is the only game with 100% realistic background simulator. The game is literally ALIVE. Every action you take, everything happening in game, every ship a pirate that will destroy 20 sectors away from you without knowing, affects the economy and the background simulator.
Nothing appears out of thin air like with ALL other X-series games.
Materials need to be mined, transported, delivered, processed, AI/NPC freighter check if the price is right to buy and make a profit and there it goes to sell the goods.

If somehow something happens to a weapons factory near the Antigone Memorial, the whole ANT faction cannot make ships! They might lose the war against HOP. They might lose sectors if XEN come down packing from Getsu Fune. It might not.

b) Game is amazing a class on it's own

c) Graphics. (compressed images)

uAkmPXg.png

gscNMoB.jpg

eYx6JM3.png

iNWYRBV.png

6cbA92m.png

UA93yZL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom