X4 Foundations

Permabanned
Gone back to my save after a year and a half. Steadily getting back into it. Also bought a T3 shield and rolled 69.6% capacity mod :)

And my miners are working, sweet.

Any Terran ships worth buying or piloting?

Last edited:
Soldato
Gone back to my save after a year and a half. Steadily getting back into it. Also bought a T3 shield and rolled 96.6% capacity mod :)

And my miners are working, sweet.

Any Terran ships worth buying or piloting?

Katana is the best, it's ugly, but probably best M ship in the game.

Also the Asgard is kill everything in one shot death cannon.

Honourable mention for both Yaki ships they look cool, the Moreya isn't bad for an S ship.

Soldato
Man going full pirate is hard but rewarding.

Basically, I did a custom game start, -30 to all major factions, friendly to only SCA, Hatikva, Yaki.

I started with all blueprints, PHQ all research done, and a Moreya S ship.

Because you are hostile to everyone, you can't really buy anything, it almost makes money in the game irrelevant.

I've managed to capture a couple of M freighters, one L freighter, a builder, and an assortment of S & M combat ships.

You have to recruit crew walking around at one of the pirate stations because you cant buy them in the normal way. You cant repair ships (aside from spacesuit laser) nor can you upgrade them, repair crew will repair L+ modules, but on the S/M sized ships if a couple of guns or the shield generator etc gets popped during capture, that's it, you can't ever fix them.

I've started building a station in Napolios Fortune, and managed to pirate so far about 5000 hull parts and a couple hundred claytronics.

Such good fun though.

Soldato
So a few things I have figured out on this type of play.

The Yaki do have a wharf you can use, but, they only sell 2 ships, and you have supply them with hull parts if you want to buy one.

You can use it to upgrade/repair ships, but, to get there you have to fly through 3 hostile Xenon sectors, which is tricky with a M freighter with no shields for example. It does mean however you can sell unwanted captured ships for cash.

So, it's good, but not exactly a game breaking advantage.

The SCA also have a shipyard in in one of the sector's down on the bottom right (Hera's Twin I think) which again you can use to upgrade/repair L ships, again you gotta fly there though and if you are hostile to all everyone that's a little hairy.

I setup in Napolios Fortune (the top one with the resources) and I have managed to build my own wharf now, some storage modules.

Mostly with stolen wares but.... I "cheated" a little, in my save, the SCA have a hull parts factory in the lower Napolios Fortune and you can buy claytronics from the Hatikva trading station in Hatikva Choice.

This helps.

Also Napolios Fortune doesn't have all the resources you need to be self sufficient mining, it's missing some of the gases so far example the one you need to produce Graphiene, which is used for a lot of other stuff, so you are going to need to rely on stealing some stuff.

I'm really enjoying this play through though, I've learned a lot of the game you don't really need to use going as normal.

Associate
A bit of a cautionary note for anyone doing the mission where you break into the Torus Aeternal in Terran space and reach the puzzle room with the 8 switches... if you blast at the switches randomly a ton of times, after you get the combination correct, you will be stuck waiting ages for the 'bypass reset' and 'unauthorised access' audio messages to clear through from their queue before the mission will proceed.
I managed to head off to make fresh coffee, cook & eat a toasted sandwich and watched an entire 30 minute episode of a TV show before it finished looping the notification messages. :cry:

Soldato
A bit of a cautionary note for anyone doing the mission where you break into the Torus Aeternal in Terran space and reach the puzzle room with the 8 switches... if you blast at the switches randomly a ton of times, after you get the combination correct, you will be stuck waiting ages for the 'bypass reset' and 'unauthorised access' audio messages to clear through from their queue before the mission will proceed.
I managed to head off to make fresh coffee, cook & eat a toasted sandwich and watched an entire 30 minute episode of a TV show before it finished looping the notification messages. :cry:

They need to sort that mission out it's ********.

I'm a massive fan of the game but I don't understand why they put that puzzle in which is completely unintuitive, it's not fun either. I had to Google how to do it even then it took a while.

Associate
They need to sort that mission out it's ********.

I'm a massive fan of the game but I don't understand why they put that puzzle in which is completely unintuitive, it's not fun either. I had to Google how to do it even then it took a while.
I think that mission wouldn't be as bad if they changed it so you didn't have to awkwardly manoeuvre around in your spacesuit... they should have just put all 8 switches on a single panel so you could sit there and easily see which ones change.
What was worse for me was that one of the service tunnels that you navigate through before that room exited right on top of a hazardous area (I think it was the second one you go though that exits right beside the blast door), I died twice because of not being able to redirect my spacesuit thrusters fast enough as I exited the tunnel.

Permabanned
Has no one here experienced any serious issues with their station miners?

Once again, mine are not doing their job. They just bug out, beeline to one specific gas cloud, only to all sit there and do sweet fa.

Been through all this recently with my mineral miners (again) which I managed to get back on track, but these gas miners are hell-bent on mining methane in this one particular spot. I've had to resort to blacklisting the sector because nothing else works, nothing. But even doing that, they're still not mining as efficiently as they used to, with most of them just flying about from one cloud to another not doing anything.

And why can't you tell them to mine a specific resource any more? The only option you have is to throw them in the 'Mine for Commander' setting, meaning they just go mine the lowest stocked resource? Wtf....

I

Soldato
Looks like Egosoft will be announcing the next DLC for X4 Foundations on Friday 23rd, sounds like it's going to be content for the Borons and a new storyline for our little PHQ resident.

Nice!

I'll buy it because the Devs deserve the money, they put so much work I to this game on not a huge budget.

I'll probably fire the game up then for a new run.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Defo going to be the Borons, i really hope they don't lose the aqautic theme when they do the inevitable redesign of the Boron ships to update them for X4F.

Associate
Here's the trailer for the new Kingdom's End DLC:

Enjoy a long-awaited reunion with the Boron in X4: Kingdom End, the fourth expansion for X4: Foundations, which completes the collection of the main factions in the X Universe. Discover the unique Boron ships, and fly them through distinctive systems, on a journey of discovery. Visit fascinating places, uncover old secrets and make new acquaintances. Embark on an immersive new chapter of X4!

borons-for-steam-page.png

An expedition into the unknown​

Heretic's End holds a secret to be discovered. Flickering lights on a previously inactive jump gate are causing a stir. Joining forces in the name of cooperation, a multifactional expedition sets out to investigate the phenomenon. Prepare for an immersive story of collaboration, where many vastly different minds must pull together for the greater good.

Unique new ships will take your breath away​

Boron ships are as unconventional as you would expect from such an extraordinary species. X4: Kingdom End introduces a wide variety of Boron ships of different classes, which excel with their fluid designs, their wavelike shell animation, and their distinctive grace and uniqueness. Come aboard and experience what may very well be the most breath-taking ships in the X-Universe. Among others, you can look forward to:

• Ray (Destroyer) As though it had just emerged from the water, and was waiting for its prey with bared teeth, the Ray destroyer impresses with its delicate construction. But, one should not be dazzled by it for too long; even the normally peace-loving Boron will defend themselves if necessary.

ray.gif

• Shark (Carrier) With its sweeping form and a dynamism all of its own, the Boron XL carrier immediately casts a spell over anyone who sets eyes on it. Perhaps its greatest surprise, however, is easily overlooked at first glance. With the ability to have smaller ships dock and launch from the side, the carrier provides a distinct advantage on the battlefield that should not be underestimated.

shark.gif

X4: Foundations 6.00 Update​

X4: Kingdom End is being released at the same time as the extensive 6.00 update for X4: Foundations. As is our tradition, we will once again be introducing a number of significant improvements to the base game in this major, free update for all X4 owners. We won't be able to show the full changelog until a later date, but X4 players can already get excited about the following upcoming 6.00 improvements:

• Position Defence, a new feature which allows you to have a carrier-led fleet defend a larger area
  • A new cinematic camera cutscene mode
  • Improvements in, among other things, AI combat and fleet behaviour, trade behaviour, boarding, salvaging, docking experience, flight pathing, low attention combat simulation, and the station editor
  • UI and quality-of-life improvements
  • Performance improvements
  • ... and much more

Soldato
Guys, I've got an issue where my turrets are not firing at all. It doesn't matter what type, beam, bolt etc... I've got full crew, turrets set to attack all enemies, global orders set to attack all but it just doesn't fire... This happens on any ship I've built.

Any help would be appreciated, I've seen lots of people have the same problem but never seen an actual resolution.

Back
Top Bottom