X4 Foundations

Soldato
yeah game is great.

Its expensive granted, but I played it from about March to June/July last year and put 450 hours in, I have started up a new save and probably do a few hundred more, if you count the £/hour of fun its cheap.

Soldato
I just refunded, it's terribly optimised and the UI doesn't work with ultrawide, which is a shame. I was looking forward to playing it.

Also, it expects a full size keyboard. I'm on a short keyboard without numberpad and couldn't even get past the basic tutorial because of it :(

Associate
I just refunded, it's terribly optimised and the UI doesn't work with ultrawide, which is a shame. I was looking forward to playing it.

Also, it expects a full size keyboard. I'm on a short keyboard without numberpad and couldn't even get past the basic tutorial because of it :(

Lol ur funny, I haven't ever used the number pad but I never played the tutorial, I play on ultra wide screen fine and it runs just fine fps wise and ui wise

Soldato
Lol ur funny, I haven't ever used the number pad but I never played the tutorial, I play on ultra wide screen fine and it runs just fine fps wise and ui wise

Odd, when I tried, the UI was forced into 16:9 which looked out of place. Performance was not great given my system. And yea, the tutorial gets to a point where it asks you to look around using the numberpad and despite trying to rebind. I couldn't get past it. So I had to refund.

Not sure why that makes me funny?

Associate
Odd, when I tried, the UI was forced into 16:9 which looked out of place. Performance was not great given my system. And yea, the tutorial gets to a point where it asks you to look around using the numberpad and despite trying to rebind. I couldn't get past it. So I had to refund.

Not sure why that makes me funny?

The UI on myn is fine its 21:9 no problem at all and performance is smooth, control wise don't know what was going on there as I move round with the mouse and use the keys to speed up and down only

Permabanned
Starting a new save I'm loving it but..... Forgot how much of a ballache doing all boso's research is lol.

Terrans are..... I'm not sure yet, couple of ships look okay, the destroyer looks awesome, not so much most of their other ships I'm thinking split probably still better, well see.....

Ha yeah the research mission suck. Especially the 'fly here really quickly' one. Have fun with that again :D

Soldato
The UI on myn is fine its 21:9 no problem at all and performance is smooth, control wise don't know what was going on there as I move round with the mouse and use the keys to speed up and down only

Can you grab a screenshot? Mine was locked to 16:9, not seen it working so if it's working for you I'll look into it.

Associate
Yes no problem here is the Link I have taken picture of most menus, There is a mod for triple or more monitor setups for the ui.

I think I need to restart now bored of the base game already might restart with a few mods ( Variety and Rebalance Overhaul & Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.1 ) which will add some flavour to the game also adding mods doesn't disable achievements just add's the modified tag to your game.

Soldato
So seems the Terran economy/tech tree is really simple, far less components to build everything by the looks of it.

To build a ship for example all you need is energy cells, and only two other things (I forget the name) and both of those those things you can make from base mining wares.

I guess if you wanted you could quite easily war the rest of the universe and stay self contained provided you only stuck to Terran tech.

As for the ships, I don't like any of the small ones, the medium corvette Katana is okay....... But the Paranid equivalent (again forget the name) is better, and nowhere near the Dragon Raider.

The destroyer looks very cool though, I have one already.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea,

Metallic Lattice
Computational Substrate
Silicone Carbide
Energy Cells

Pretty sure with those 4 wares you can build everything in the Terran tech tree. And those can all be made from base mining wares. Means your mega complexes will actually be more like mega simplexes.

It's good on one hand, makes Terran tech far more straightforward, far less productions. I guess on the other you cannot trade with any other faction if you stick solely to Terran tech.

Interesting Egosoft did this.

I'm not sure what I'll do yet, it's early days in my game but thinking of war dec both sets of Paranid and Split factions this time around. Plenty of bad guys to shoot at, well see......

Associate
I'm struggling with my miners at the moment only got 1 miner but seems to be taking forever filling his storage up I've set him up to mine silicon and within 3hours he's only got 20 units

I've got a Sat's setup never had this issue before getting the dlc it's a new play through

Soldato
I'm struggling with my miners at the moment only got 1 miner but seems to be taking forever filling his storage up I've set him up to mine silicon and within 3hours he's only got 20 units

I've got a Sat's setup never had this issue before getting the dlc it's a new play through

They've changed the asteroid yields or how fast miners can gether resources I believe. Gotta put resource probes and look at those.

I think they said the belts further away from the main ring are better now, certainly seems that way on my game.

Back
Top Bottom