X4 Foundations

Man of Honour
I am finding that bigger complexes are preferable over lots of smaller factories:

a) because intermediate factories often overproduce
b) fewer complexes to collect from

I have about 6, 200 million complexes now.

Soldato
Damn the more I read about this the more I want to play it but I just don't think I could go back to a monitor again after using vr so much
I so hope they do a vr edition

Caporegime
Looks like this is patched to a stage it's worth getting now.

I loved the originals and played X and X2 to hundreds of hours.
im already 200 hours or more and still really enjoying the game, cant wait to get back to england where my gaming pc is to carry on playing.

Soldato
HELP!

I was walking around a space station looking to hire crew for my new auto trader, when I walked onto a ship to talk to the captain.
They've taken off with me still in the cockpit!

What the hell do I do, not saved in ages.
I've been kidnapped and I'm heading towards a warpgate.

Man of Honour
HELP!

I was walking around a space station looking to hire crew for my new auto trader, when I walked onto a ship to talk to the captain.

Hmm. Wait for them to land at a station. Do you have teleport yet? I thought this was patched.

Associate
HELP!

Order your ship to follow the ship you're on. If it's a big (capital) ship, order it to dock with it. If not, wait till you land on the next station and order you ship to dock with the station.

If your ship doesn't have a captain, promote a crew member to captain, and then order it to follow.

If your ship hasn't got any crew, but you're at a shipyard or warf, upgrade it to add crew.

If your ship has no crew, and isn't at a shipyard... buy a new ship (a scout is the cheapest) with a captain, and order it to come get you and shuttle you to your main.

Save more often. This game is buggy as hell, and while it's getting better, crashes still can (and do) occour.

Man of Honour
Order your ship to follow the ship you're on. If it's a big (capital) ship, order it to dock with it. If not, wait till you land on the next station and order you ship to dock with the station.

If your ship doesn't have a captain, promote a crew member to captain, and then order it to follow.

If your ship hasn't got any crew, but you're at a shipyard or warf, upgrade it to add crew.

If your ship has no crew, and isn't at a shipyard... buy a new ship (a scout is the cheapest) with a captain, and order it to come get you and shuttle you to your main.

Save more often. This game is buggy as hell, and while it's getting better, crashes still can (and do) occour.

And if all of that fails, you are screwed :).

Definitely save often. I forgot recently after just planning a huge station. Teleported, fell through the floor and drifted into infinity.

Soldato
A picture of my kidnappers.

1nqvPGN.jpg

Was kinda cool hearing them passing orders to each other.
Thankfully after a bit of flying around, they docked on a station a system over and I managed to get 1 of my auto miners to come pick me up.

On an unrelated note, how do you go about recruiting better quality crew?
I bought a Mercury to have a go at auto trading, but the captain that came with the ship didn't have the necessary rank to auto trade, so I moved over 1 of my auto miners to take command.
Now the problem I have is that I don't have a captain for my auto miner. I've been talking to random people on the station but they are all low level, with most not even having 1 star.

Soldato
Done a few missions got a couple of miners working for me and making loads of money now in Argon Prime.

One is mining Nividium and getting c250k credits per 11-15min, the other Silicon doing c75k credits per 12-15 minutes.

Man of Honour
Done a few missions got a couple of miners working for me and making loads of money now in Argon Prime.

One is mining Nividium and getting c250k credits per 11-15min, the other Silicon doing c75k credits per 12-15 minutes.

The Nvidium storage will fill up shortly, so don’t become too reliant on it. Should be able to make a few million first though.

Associate
A picture of my kidnappers.
On an unrelated note, how do you go about recruiting better quality crew?
I bought a Mercury to have a go at auto trading, but the captain that came with the ship didn't have the necessary rank to auto trade, so I moved over 1 of my auto miners to take command.
Now the problem I have is that I don't have a captain for my auto miner. I've been talking to random people on the station but they are all low level, with most not even having 1 star.

With luck, one (or more) of your auto miner captains will have leveled up to 3 stars in piloting. That captain can be transfered over to your trader ship (via the comms interface). They'll then be able to be assigned to autotrade.

If not, then leave your captains mining until they rank up. I once saw mention of 'Seminars'. This was a consumable personal ware that you could 'give' to a crew member to help them level up. I forget if that was a mod or not though.

One little trick is as follows. When buying a ship, first select 'Maximum Loadout' from the suggested loadouts, and then downgrade it to what you actually need. The compulosry assigned captain crew member has a increased chance of higher starting stats in piloting. If you happen to roll a low star pilot, you can sell the ship back (remember to strip it back to its cheapest components and then sell it) at cost and try again.

If you're down for a bit of modding, there's a mod called 'Learn All The Things' that increases experience gain rates for captains, crews and marines. Alternatively, there's the TaterTrader mod which both improves the autotrader default behavour options and reduces the experience requirement to one star.

Associate
Still having trouble with subordinate miners for stations.. they just sit there instead of mining the ice i need. Or they mine for a bit and then just sit there with full cargo.

Its also a shame you cant set up a ship to ferry stuff from one station to another indefinitely. i have a large complex that needs ice for water. But i also have another place producing water and i want this stuff taken to my complex.

Back
Top Bottom