X4 Foundations

Soldato
Is this a bug?

Trying to build a medium miner, the station is low on shield components so I figured I'd buy some and transport them to the station itself, however it has buy orders for every item EXCEPT shield components.

So the station is effectively stuck and can't produce anything.

Soldato
OP
Not sure but if I were you id just go do a mission or crystal hunt for a bit and hopefully its sorted by the time u get back.

That or cancel the order and edit the miner you want without shields and then just go fit some shields from a diff station that sells em. That way it shouldnt need shield components before construction of ur ship.

Man of Honour
Thinking of getting this, is it worth getting just the base game or the expansions too?

Probably the base game would be a good start, you can always get the DLC later and it will be applied to a previous save.

Is this a bug?

Trying to build a medium miner, the station is low on shield components so I figured I'd buy some and transport them to the station itself, however it has buy orders for every item EXCEPT shield components.

You'll just have to wait in the queue, it shouldn't take too long, the other traders will supply it.

Not sure but if I were you id just go do a mission or crystal hunt for a bit and hopefully its sorted by the time u get back.

That or cancel the order and edit the miner you want without shields and then just go fit some shields from a diff station that sells em. That way it shouldnt need shield components before construction of ur ship.

Do some missions, explore some sectors, order from a different station etc.

Soldato
Is this a bug?

Screenshots would be welcomed :)

Man of Honour
You do not elaborate why you believe so though. I find it pretty good, while using it for over 4 months now.

- it’s almost impossible to get 3 star seminars
- i think it is impossible to get higher
- skill profession without them is nerfed to the point of appearing bugged
- we can’t buy trained staff, we should be able to, for a price
- seminars are mostly available through missions, I don’t want to have to do them in a game that is built around offering freedom, most missions are dull

It’s just another half baked idea semi implemented in a final edition patch. Egosoft seem as if they are really trying to alienate their fanbase half the time.

The time I find the needed seminars I will have skipped the need for them anyway, but through a boring painful slog in the process.

So rather than levelling traders I’ve skipped them out entirely and have gone straight from miners to factories. One of my favourite tasks before now in every X game has been to level a fleet of auto traders. Seminars are too time consuming and too little fun to bother with.

Soldato
- it’s almost impossible to get 3 star seminars
- i think it is impossible to get higher
- skill profession without them is nerfed to the point of appearing bugged
- we can’t buy trained staff, we should be able to, for a price
- seminars are mostly available through missions, I don’t want to have to do them in a game that is built around offering freedom, most missions are dull

It’s just another half baked idea semi implemented in a final edition patch. Egosoft seem as if they are really trying to alienate their fanbase half the time.

The time I find the needed seminars I will have skipped the need for them anyway, but through a boring painful slog in the process.

So rather than levelling traders I’ve skipped them out entirely and have gone straight from miners to factories. One of my favourite tasks before now in every X game has been to level a fleet of auto traders. Seminars are too time consuming and too little fun to bother with.

a) Plenty of seminars on all stations. Just dock and buy them from the trader. In just 40 minutes having big stockpiles.
b) We never been able to get trained staff. However we can train them without seminars also.
c) High skill seminars (3+ star) are found on missions and lock boxes.

If you want a lot of trained pilots, get cheap S size ships and set them to explore sectors. And by explore I mean set the Explore command.
Same applies to miners. Get many M miners and the skills will skyrocket pretty fast.

Soldato
Sorry about that question spam, once you have negative standing to a faction is there an easy way of getting that back?

Or is that the point of the various different game start ups? EG you pick a side and live with it?

I went hostile to ZYA (Zyarth) by accident, not that I necessarily have anything to do with them right now, but I see the ships as red everywhere in Argon space.

I have now 5 auto miners and about 10 million credits, I also have the 20 rep with Argon so have the capital licence. Not sure where to go from here really, just exploring systems and spamming sats around the stations. Frustraiting there doesnt seem to be a website or database with all of the ships to include pictures of what they look like. I am currently flying a Quaser Heavy Fighter which I think does look pretty cool, I am more interested in flying cool looking shis.

Altrhough I have MUCH to learn I am already half thinking about setting up a new game as one of the pirate factions, I dont like being the "good guys".

Man of Honour
a) Plenty of seminars on all stations. Just dock and buy them from the trader. In just 40 minutes having big stockpiles.
b) We never been able to get trained staff. However we can train them without seminars also.
c) High skill seminars (3+ star) are found on missions and lock boxes.

If you want a lot of trained pilots, get cheap S size ships and set them to explore sectors. And by explore I mean set the Explore command.
Same applies to miners. Get many M miners and the skills will skyrocket pretty fast.

a) basic seminars that allow little training
b) we could, it was just random for some reason. How can we train them? After 10-15 hours they still haven’t levelled up doing their job. Is that not an unreasonable time?
C) great. I don’t want to do missions and lock boxes are random. Surely there should at least be an option to purchase them.

The problem is that none of mine seem to be levelling, at least not as quick as before or in any reasonable time.

Sorry about that question spam, once you have negative standing to a faction is there an easy way of getting that back?

Or is that the point of the various different game start ups? EG you pick a side and live with it?

I went hostile to ZYA (Zyarth) by accident, not that I necessarily have anything to do with them right now, but I see the ships as red everywhere in Argon space.

I have now 5 auto miners and about 10 million credits, I also have the 20 rep with Argon so have the capital licence. Not sure where to go from here really, just exploring systems and spamming sats around the stations. Frustraiting there doesnt seem to be a website or database with all of the ships to include pictures of what they look like. I am currently flying a Quaser Heavy Fighter which I think does look pretty cool, I am more interested in flying cool looking shis.

Altrhough I have MUCH to learn I am already half thinking about setting up a new game as one of the pirate factions, I dont like being the "good guys".

Not to worry. Yes, you can, I went from -21 with ZYA to -9 just by going from station to station killing rogue civilian ships. Remember, you don’t go straight to a full enemy - you’ll go from not being able to dock at their stations, then your military ships being targeted, then all property being targeted.

You can just look at each shipyard to see what ships they have? The split ships are by far the best.

Man of Honour
Nice, how do I find these guys? I have also seen a few of the pictures of the Split ships and they do look awesome.

For all of the shipyards, there should be maps online if you haven’t found them all. Just select to ‘buy’ a ship - you can’t buy them all until you improve your rep, but you can still see what is available.

The split ships are stunning. They’ve put a lot of work into them.

Soldato
For all of the shipyards, there should be maps online if you haven’t found them all. Just select to ‘buy’ a ship - you can’t buy them all until you improve your rep, but you can still see what is available.

The split ships are stunning. They’ve put a lot of work into them.

Ok thanks for you help. I'm gonna have a left for dead 2 session then try and get out in the garden next couple of days as the weather is supposed to be better. I'm sure I'll squeeze some hours in though.

I got a month long furlough on full pay so i treated myself to this game, plenty of time to play :)

Man of Honour
Ok thanks for you help. I'm gonna have a left for dead 2 session then try and get out in the garden next couple of days as the weather is supposed to be better. I'm sure I'll squeeze some hours in though.

I got a month long furlough on full pay so i treated myself to this game, plenty of time to play :)

It’s a good game to play if you have lots of time. Especially once you get into buying destroyers, carriers, building large complexes.

On another note, I am finding some ware shortages in some corners of the map, especially hull parts. I guess the update war system is drawing more parts. It’s making it difficult to even build factories (obviously starting with hull part factories!).

Soldato
a) basic seminars that allow little training
b) we could, it was just random for some reason. How can we train them? After 10-15 hours they still haven’t levelled up doing their job. Is that not an unreasonable time?
C) great. I don’t want to do missions and lock boxes are random. Surely there should at least be an option to purchase them.

The problem is that none of mine seem to be levelling, at least not as quick as before or in any reasonable time.

Do you play from a new start or an old one? I had my 0 star pilots getting 1 star per explored sector. (by using the Explore command not set them routes to move to the system). While the miners got 2 stars in 3 hours.
Also you can always buy trained pilots. Order a ship with multiple crew (eg a haulier) and only select the Pilot. If he isn't what you like, demote him to service crew and buy another pilot from the station upgrade functions. I found almost always on the 2nd-3rd try what I wanted. But usually I get 2 useless pilots (aka cannot do autotrade from start) per 10 haulier orders. Which is not bad.

Also did you observe that the Pilot skill is irrelevant now? The orders are based on average combined skilled. You can have a 2 star pilot with 4 star managment and 3 star morale and will be able to execute 3 star average skill commands. eg Autotrade.

Again, if you play an old save things might be bit off.

Soldato
OP
You know if you need 3 stars u can buy crew with ship and all those weak ones combine to give u the 3 stars in total so u can say auto mine sector without leveling up? Thats why i buy a few service men along with a captain/pilot to bulk up the combined star rating.

Soldato

The game is amazing and an enjoying time sink :D
I usually put some live YT stream or music, raising the desk to standing height and suddenly several hours later passed :p

Also rule of thumb. Never do something that a subordinate can do. Even when you need to go from A to B or collect drops. (except lock boxes) Put your pilot to do it. And especially only try mining by youself when you have a L size miner with gazillion mining drones, that is something to watch for hours from the deck, if you are on space games. You cannot imagine how much time you can spend watching things flying or fighting, like on a movie. :D

Or just watching your newly ordered ships getting built and setting off to be the the support ships of your new built destroyer
wYVKE7Q.jpg

Or watching from the landing deck, the turrets of that same destroyer attacking another destroyer, while repair drones flying all over the place to repair. :p
0xXTrwq.jpg

Soldato
You know if you need 3 stars u can buy crew with ship and all those weak ones combine to give u the 3 stars in total so u can say auto mine sector without leveling up? Thats why i buy a few service men along with a captain/pilot to bulk up the combined star rating.

I know that :p

And miner Captains after 4-5 hours, are ideal 5 star managers for stations :D

Back
Top Bottom