X4 Foundations

Soldato
OP

Capped one of these, bit easy but its a great one to fly around places dead quick tho. Good scout ship.

Cheers panos, for info. Im just in the young gun start and ill just be doing this as the only play through, i did think of others but i just went with this one. Ill earn my way around rep i hope.

Btw is the docking computer on the ship i just capped bugged? Seems never wants to dock when i fly into the bay unless im facing the right way which kinda defeats the point of just flying anywhere near the bay and it auto docks like other ships do.

Man of Honour

Capped one of these, bit easy but its a great one to fly around places dead quick tho. Good scout ship.

Cheers panos, for info. Im just in the young gun start and ill just be doing this as the only play through, i did think of others but i just went with this one. Ill earn my way around rep i hope.

Btw is the docking computer on the ship i just capped bugged? Seems never wants to dock when i fly into the bay unless im facing the right way which kinda defeats the point of just flying anywhere near the bay and it auto docks like other ships do.

Sounds like you don't have the best docking software installed? I fly in horrendously and it auto docks with Mk2 software.

Soldato
FRF I believe, you need +10 and as loadoud full Thermal Desintegrators :D

Balaur is an S size ship. Nemesis is an M size ship (bigger).
If you want bigger ship and you play as Split get Dragon. Absolute blast. Fast, agile, 2 turrets, 4 guns and at the hands of 0-star pilot puts Nemesis to shame.

Yea, the Dragons look awesome. I want to try the ZYA one over the FRF one though as while it's slower, it is much tankier!

Soldato
OP
Wow tho with auto miners, i just put 3 in each system 3 systems i think one for each race and they help get the rep up and make about a million every half hour to a hour or something like that. Up to 8 mill or so now for basically nothing. Kinda makes u wonder why bother with missions or anything else.

Soldato

Sounds like you don't have the best docking software installed? I fly in horrendously and it auto docks with Mk2 software.

Tsk tsk.. If you cannot dock, stand up from the chair and tell your pilot to do so :p

This is not Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen to do the job of peasants err I mean employees...... :D

Soldato
Wow tho with auto miners, i just put 3 in each system 3 systems i think one for each race and they help get the rep up and make about a million every half hour to a hour or something like that. Up to 8 mill or so now for basically nothing. Kinda makes u wonder why bother with missions or anything else.

Sector Automining is my first money income stream as soon as I can start buying the miners. Also make sure you get them with whole crew complement as the whole crew levels also, not just the captain. Then you can give a pilot training course to some (to raise the avg skill to 3) and straight away you have 3-star skill captains for hauliers who started their careers as engineers.

Small missions are for the fun not to get bored, missions to make stations for the factions is where the money is. You can make easily 11-40million from them, having multiple construction projects at the same time. Especially on systems under Xenon attack like Holy Vision & HAT space. Where stations getting blown by K9s all the time.

Man of Honour

Sector Automining is my first money income stream as soon as I can start buying the miners. Also make sure you get them with whole crew complement as the whole crew levels also, not just the captain. Then you can give a pilot training course to some (to raise the avg skill to 3) and straight away you have 3-star skill captains for hauliers who started their careers as engineers.

Small missions are for the fun not to get bored, missions to make stations for the factions is where the money is. You can make easily 11-40million from them, having multiple construction projects at the same time. Especially on systems under Xenon attack like Holy Vision & HAT space. Where stations getting blown by K9s all the time.

Yup, there are plenty of stations that buy nvidium in sectors that produce it and at least those stations continually lose Nvidium from their storage. I don't bother with missions. I am now in the process of building several complexes that supply hull parts, engine parts, weapon and turret components. I'll put these in sectors with shipyards until I have enough money to build my own shipyard. Starting out would have been a lot quicker if I new traders were a pain to setup and miners were easier.

Soldato
Yup, there are plenty of stations that buy nvidium in sectors that produce it and at least those stations continually lose Nvidium from their storage. I don't bother with missions. I am now in the process of building several complexes that supply hull parts, engine parts, weapon and turret components. I'll put these in sectors with shipyards until I have enough money to build my own shipyard. Starting out would have been a lot quicker if I new traders were a pain to setup and miners were easier.

I hope by "complexes" you mean individual stations making 1 item each (multiple production modules) within the 20km distance of each others transporting the goods with cargo drones and not some huge monstrosity station having start to end production of multiple products. :D

Soldato
I'm starting to realise just at how much there is to this game after only 4-5 days, I just watched a YouTube on the basics of station building, it looks like there is nothing "basic" about it.

I remember getting to a stage in one of the previous X games, 2 I wana say, and building some station and getting a fleet together only to realise the AI and interface was so terrible you basically couldn't control them properly.

I'm sure that isn't the case in this one.

I will say though, the learning curve is quite steep and the UI is unintuitive (actually I'd go as far as saying it's pretty crap), I bet they get a lot of people refunding on Steam.

I still struggle giving ships basic orders, it's left clicking and right clicking at the right times, I'm sure after a lot of trail and error I'll start figuring it out.

Man of Honour
I hope by "complexes" you mean individual stations making 1 item each (multiple production modules) within the 20km distance of each others transporting the goods with cargo drones and not some huge monstrosity station having start to end production of multiple products. :D

You know me :D

Soldato
Yea, the UI still leaves a lot to be desired. As do the commands. One thing they have added recently which was one of my biggest gripes was the ability to be able to tell your wing to attack outside of the menu. You can now click your wing members in-game and tell them to attack. That alone was a game changer for me :)

Man of Honour
The funny thing about complexity is that this is the most dumbed down X game to date. Factory building has never been easier. As long as I have lots of time to spare, I love the challenge, it always feels very rewarding to get setup.

Soldato
The funny thing about complexity is that this is the most dumbed down X game to date. Factory building has never been easier. As long as I have lots of time to spare, I love the challenge, it always feels very rewarding to get setup.

Yeah, I am baffled people calling it "complex". Seems some haven't played X3 clicking menu after sub menu gazillion times.
Is point and click where you want it placed. And right click to add guns & shields, if you want.

And the reason I love the X4 more than X3 is because the X4 is the spiritual successor of X2!

Soldato
OP
Still think x2 was the best one, i really liked their sci fi interface and betty describing everything with little holograms showing all the items. I liked building a station buying ships for it sending them on orders, i dont think x4 caters for that now with complexes etc now. Then theres the boring interface just like a windows app not a gaming interface with borders and nice stuff to make it look part of the game. Also making money took time at the start. The docking also i think was better. Music was nice too and the story even tho the npcs looked naff i still liked the cutscenes etc. Teladi sounding teladi and looking cool but now we got mini lizard things with stupid voices that dont do the old teladi sounds between speaking.

Man of Honour
It’s amazing how quickly money starts coming in once you get factories. I have five arms complexes being built simultaneously, each supplying a particular race. The updated logistics view and ability to auto build a ‘high preset’ really speeds things up.

The Teladi seem to be taking a beating from the Xenon quickly and annoyingly I’ve picked a sector that despite being one jump away from ore, doesn’t seem to be able to detect any within the maximum jump radius for the stations auto miners. Going to have to relocate the Teladi focussed complex.

Back
Top Bottom