X4 Foundations

Man of Honour
The Teladi seem to be taking a beating from the Xenon quickly and annoyingly I’ve picked a sector that despite being one jump away from ore, doesn’t seem to be able to detect any within the maximum jump radius for the stations auto miners. Going to have to relocate the Teladi focussed complex.

Heh, it was the station manager's skill - I've replaced with a more competent manager who can send mining ships further.

Soldato
Heh, it was the station manager's skill - I've replaced with a more competent manager who can send mining ships further.

That is the reason I always have 8-10 miners few hours before start building stations. The mining ship captains are the best managers after few hours, many with 5 star on the skill :D

Yea well..... When I played X2 I was probably about 15 years old, young, sharp, fit, fresh minded, ready to take on the world.

20 years, 2 kids, a nagging wife and several years of alcohol abuse later and it takes me a little while longer :p

Hehehe we have all been there, but I know your problem. Is not the alcohol, is the wife :p
Trust me from someone who is divorced :D

And since we are talking about X2 had a thought to install it and give it a try. Especially to see how the AMD Integer Scaling works :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
ohhhh yea, Dragon Raider is an awesome ship, still fast and manouverable enough to be viable as a ship to fly around and dogfight in.

Loaded it up with 6 of the Tau Accelerators - as they have the fastest projectile velocity (that I could tell) of the Split weapons which in practise makes them great for swatting smaller ships.

Just hit 20 rep with FRF also. Bought a ton of blueprints for stations and ships, just building up some fundage again and ill start contructing my first station.

Soldato
Hi guys, questions (sorry!)

I am building my first station, well 2 actually, 1 is completely my own and 1 is part of the story mission.

They are missing energy cells, and its taking aaaaaaaaaaaaaages, how long would it normally take for traders to appear with them? I have all of the buy prices set to 100% and the other parts turned up pretty quick.

Also my ship has energy cells, is it possible for me to somehow use these, if so how? - as the station doesnt even have a docking port yet.

Man of Honour
Hi guys, questions (sorry!)

I am building my first station, well 2 actually, 1 is completely my own and 1 is part of the story mission.

They are missing energy cells, and its taking aaaaaaaaaaaaaages, how long would it normally take for traders to appear with them? I have all of the buy prices set to 100% and the other parts turned up pretty quick.

Also my ship has energy cells, is it possible for me to somehow use these, if so how? - as the station doesnt even have a docking port yet.

To be honest, I am finding that there is such a trader/ware shortage my stations that need ore/energy cells simply aren't getting them. You'll need to build an energy cell factory (cheap) and miners for any ore not being delivered.

If the station needs energy cells and doesn't have a docking port, you can deliver them to the build storage. I can'tr imagine why else your station would need energy cells other than for construction at this point.

Soldato
OP
Just been streaming mainly for myself or mates but anyhow just was cool building my first L mining ship. Took ages to find a wharf and shipyard i was spotting all the stations in each sector to find em plus for mining possibilities. Btw arnt silicon refinarys suppose to accept buy of silicon that you mine? In split sector where the shipyard was there was one of them stations but it didnt accept as buy any silicon. I thought it was strange.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/584727879

About 39 min 39 sec, for some beauty shots of my L miner getting made. Kinda should have payed attention to what it came with as later i noticed a drone come out and it only had 1 so its gona go slow i think, was cool watching it pick the ore up tho. Tho arnt tractor beams quicker, i dunno if drones are that useful are they vs tractors for speed?

Soldato
I hope by "complexes" you mean individual stations making 1 item each (multiple production modules) within the 20km distance of each others transporting the goods with cargo drones and not some huge monstrosity station having start to end production of multiple products. :D

Panos good Sir, where did you learn about the 20km thing for cargo drones? Or you just work it out??

I am trying to find a decent source for learning stuff in X4, where the info' is up-to date and accurate but it's quite hard to find! I did try the werit guy on youtube but find him soo annoying lol

Soldato
Panos good Sir, where did you learn about the 20km thing for cargo drones? Or you just work it out??

I am trying to find a decent source for learning stuff in X4, where the info' is up-to date and accurate but it's quite hard to find! I did try the werit guy on youtube but find him soo annoying lol

Literally finding the same, getting good information on the internet is tricky, people in here have helped a lot to be honest.

Soldato
OP
I was in a split sector not sure which might be 24. There was a odd station that just said Hall of split or something Hall anyhow. It had negative number compare to the others so as i approached i noticed some security forces around it so legged it lol. Anyone know what its for, maybe plot station for something?

20 min mark - Hall of Judgement?

Man of Honour
Well, I can't afford big ships yet, so I will mount a Xenon defence in Trinity Sanctum III with giant defence platforms - the Split platforms are crazily armed (I am going for M Shard weapons for anti-fighter and L Plasma for anti-ship - thoughts?). It can only be a matter of hours until the Xenon capture the South East of the map and then move through that choke point.

Soldato
Just been streaming mainly for myself or mates but anyhow just was cool building my first L mining ship. Took ages to find a wharf and shipyard i was spotting all the stations in each sector to find em plus for mining possibilities. Btw arnt silicon refinarys suppose to accept buy of silicon that you mine? In split sector where the shipyard was there was one of them stations but it didnt accept as buy any silicon. I thought it was strange.

About 39 min 39 sec, for some beauty shots of my L miner getting made. Kinda should have payed attention to what it came with as later i noticed a drone come out and it only had 1 so its gona go slow i think, was cool watching it pick the ore up tho. Tho arnt tractor beams quicker, i dunno if drones are that useful are they vs tractors for speed?

Skeeter activate the monetization on your twitch. At least if I can given the free Prime money every month, give it to someone I know in this forums and argue with :D

I was in a split sector not sure which might be 24. There was a odd station that just said Hall of split or something Hall anyhow. It had negative number compare to the others so as i approached i noticed some security forces around it so legged it lol. Anyone know what its for, maybe plot station for something?

20 min mark - Hall of Judgement?

Yes, Hall of Judgement. On my first 10h playthrough (which due to 1 bug and a Xenon fleet destroyed the campaign mission killing the NPC ship), when the Dragon found it (explore command) blasted the 12 ships in 3 x 4 squadron waves. Something mentioned on the previous pages... :(

But wasn't there to see the station, so on my next exploration I will be there :D

Soldato
Well, I can't afford big ships yet, so I will mount a Xenon defence in Trinity Sanctum III with giant defence platforms - the Split platforms are crazily armed (I am going for M Shard weapons for anti-fighter and L Plasma for anti-ship - thoughts?). It can only be a matter of hours until the Xenon capture the South East of the map and then move through that choke point.

I haven't looked at but if you can get Muon turrets for defense platforms is the best. Btw do not join the platforms. Not needed. Just put multiple disks in such way they do not block each other and you are set :D

On the plus side, the Teladi Trading Station seems to be invincible, so hopefully the Xenon will stop there!

If you mean the one in Ianamus Zura IV, needs more than few Xenon motherships and destroyers to be destroyed. The Ministry has the whole capital fleet in this system.
After the 8th hour of the campaign (at least between patches 2.5 to 3.0B6 where have played a lot) they even push into Xenon space. You shouldn't be scared losing that trade station.

The one trade station that usually gets destroyed is the HOP one in Holy Vision if Xenon put out a lot of I & Ks having half the system destroyed.
But that occurs only when PAR, ANT, ARG don't sleep at their war against HOP. Something that on my Paranid game didn't happen and was building 4-5 stations at any time in True Vision and Holy Vision for the HOP as the Xenon & ANT/ARG/PAR were pushing them hard having their fleet destroyed by ANT/ARG in True Vision.

On the new FRF game, the picture talks by itself. This is taken at Second Contact II Flashpoint. Half the ANT stations are destroyed and HOP building new defense platforms and stations fast.
ANT & ARG were bogged down getting hammered by the Xenon at the Void gate in the sector. And after this screenshot was taken, the HOP pushed surrounded and destroyed all ARG, ANT & Xenon fleets. Was a battle to be seen and here I was in my pitiful Jaguar collecting drops :D

Ahh that Behemoth did last 30 seconds, to it's credit, because the M & S HOP fleet were attacking some ANT ships to the other side of the highway.

mX31rWo.jpg XrUB7gc.jpg

Soldato

Werit, otherwise you will need to learn German :D

Literally finding the same, getting good information on the internet is tricky, people in here have helped a lot to be honest.

Werit is great if you do not speak German. Many of his videos are short and simple.

Must watch videos are
a) How to build defenses on your stations
https://youtu.be/fA8CdJcoVc4

b) How to use sector blacklisting
https://youtu.be/alVVBmJqaDQ

c) Supply chains on multiple stationg @dirtybeatfreak asked for :p
https://youtu.be/mxbmnejb9BA

Has some more advanced stuff how to build your own Trade station (not the actual construct but a station to operate as trade station) :D

But worth to watch the guy. Had a campaign, where whole Argon Prime was destroyed by Xenon and was helping to rebuild it.

Soldato
I got a question.

I started to build a station, it was at the gathering materials stage, I had some, others awaiting. Anyway, I flew near the station to find that it is now greyed out? It's not longer listed in the plot manager and I cant seem to do anything with the greyed out plot area.

Did the station get nuked?

Man of Honour
@Panos I haven’t tried a lot of the new weapons. Muon turrets, are they anti capital ship?

I got a question.

I started to build a station, it was at the gathering materials stage, I had some, others awaiting. Anyway, I flew near the station to find that it is now greyed out? It's not longer listed in the plot manager and I cant seem to do anything with the greyed out plot area.

Did the station get nuked?

Sounds like, no other time do I ever come across a ‘grey station. Did you accidentally delete the modules it was building? The build process can be reversed.

Back
Top Bottom