X4 Foundations

Soldato
OP
Just was streaming and 20 mins later pc froze, not sue why, all i can think is maybe since its warm today it might have overheated i dunno tho.

Was watching a nice fight above a split shipyard too.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/585562310 If you wana see the fight, i thought it was cool, all them little fighters and station trying to get the other split familys resupplier ship. Totally forgot i was building 2 L miners there hehe.

Soldato
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=27066512833458332968

My reshade sharpen and aa tweaks, i think its not too bad given i only just started trying reshade a few days ago. Just wanted to avoid ingame aa expensive options.

Built the profile with photo mode on ingame so dunno if it looks ok in other modes ingame.

I found the sweet spot using 4K VSR with RIS and IS. Until now was using SSAA which indeed is pretty heavy, while MSAA adds an annoying blur but egosoft removed SSAA support on 3.0 HF1.
But was so impressed with the results since then have replace AA even in Div 2 to great effect considering things look better, sharper and run faster.
On ESO the ingame engine allows to force different resolution to render so VSR wasn't ever needed.

Soldato
Just was streaming and 20 mins later pc froze, not sue why, all i can think is maybe since its warm today it might have overheated i dunno tho.

Was watching a nice fight above a split shipyard too.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/585562310 If you wana see the fight, i thought it was cool, all them little fighters and station trying to get the other split familys resupplier ship. Totally forgot i was building 2 L miners there hehe.

Yeah seeing that. Around 4:00 especially the view is glorious :)

Soldato
So I placed my order for X4: Foundations with CDkeys over an hour a go and still getting the "Your purchase is not yet available for download, please come back shortly." over an hour later. Usually get my keys instantly from them. Anyone else had any trouble?

Soldato
It's finally cleared and generated, thanks for the Link though.... now to try and make heads or tales of this game lol

Good luck, I'm down a week and still don't really have a clue, I have learned tons though.

Try not to get too overwhelmed or give up, you'll pick it up then it goes become more rewarding.

Soldato
***EDIT: Nevermind I fugured it, seems you have to first assign the miner to the station, like setting up a fleet, one you have done that it seems to then just sort itself out.

Next thing I need to figure is my station also needs methane, but no methan in system, see if I can get a minor to go looking for that, wish me luck.***

Hi guys, need some help again!

I have now built my first own station, I have assigned the station a manager. The station is setup so it has all 3 storage containers, it has a energy cell manufactuer, a water manufacturer and the one that needs ore (I forgot its name). To summarise my station needs ore and ice (among other things).

So, I purchase 2 miners and set them to auto mine in the same system, they go out and mine just fine, however when they are full, 1 of them then goes and sells it off to a third party station, and the other just sits there as there are no stations in the system buying ice.

I have double checked an assigned them to the station and it doesnt seem to change, what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Soldato
Beta is up for the next patches

Version 3.10 Beta 1 (394044) - 2020-04-07

• Added mission to expand HQ if selected research requires excessive resources.

• Removed Dal Busta dialog option after Split story is completed.

• Changed New Game menu to show tutorials at top.

• Improved balance and pricing of recruitable personnel on station docks.

• Improved performance for games where player owns very large number of ships and stations.

• Improved colour differentiation between racial Construction Vessel ships.

• Improved storage capacity of Split mining ships.

• Improved mastering of legacy music tracks.

• Fixed certain hazardous regions giving massive numbers of crystal drops.

• Fixed wrong faction sometimes being blamed when ships or stations are destroyed.

• Fixed mining drones not launching to collect broken-down asteroids they had earlier marked for collection but didn't collect due to cancellation.

• Fixed cases of defence drones docking before all are launched sometimes preventing any further defence drones from being launched.

• Fixed male Split characters sometimes having female voices with Split Vendetta installed.

• Fixed HQ laboratory being removed when reconfiguring station.

• Fixed AI ships attacking indestructible objects indefinitely.

• Fixed player account balance potentially going below zero.

• Fixed being completely unable to manually dock Drill without docking software.

• Fixed hatch on Gorgon closing too soon when leaving in spacesuit.

• Fixed high loadout presets not favouring Docking Computer Mk2 if compatible.

• Fixed Elephant sometimes being equipped with Spacesuit Scanner.

• Fixed Raptor not being able to mount large missile turrets.

• Fixed build times for station modules taking much longer than they should.

• Fixed spacesuit oxygen replenishing after saving and loading.

• Fixed certain drops being repelled by container magnet.

• Fixed lasertowers deployed by player in Hatikvah mission not changing owner

• Fixed wrong player-owned ship sometimes being destroyed during HQ story.

• Fixed invulnerable ship during Split plot.

• Fixed Dal Busta not offering Split story at HQ after player rejects story offer until save and reload.

• Fixed Dal Busta not offering Paranid/Split storyline when starting from Accomplished Scientist gamestart.

• Fixed Dal Busta calling to talk about multiple plot opportunities at same time.

• Fixed signal leaks not being generated in Accomplished Scientist gamestart

• Fixed Paranid plot mission Prophetic Mission stalling because of missing dock.

• Fixed Paranid plot getting stuck at Remain Vigilant objective.

• Fixed excessive delay between HQ plot related signal leaks if one was previously missed.

• Fixed missing equipment for multiple factions when starting Paranid plot with older saves.

• Fixed Paranid plot battle taking place in wrong sector under rare circumstances.

• Fixed excessive ware amounts required for final stage of Paranid plot.

• Fixed Fires of Defeat gamestart long-term mission getting stuck because of captured ships.

• Fixed Hatikvah story getting stuck in rare situations during bomb-placing mission.

• Fixed various missions being offered by incorrect faction.

• Fixed player ship not coming to stop during certain cutscenes.

• Fixed missions offered by NPCs on dock areas incorrectly appearing in Mission Offers menu.

• Fixed mismatched ships and loadouts when editing shopping list entries in Ship Configuration menu.

• Fixed missile turret capacities not being included in loadout information.

• Fixed lasertower engines and weapons being shown in Encyclopedia.

• Fixed missing option to delete incompatible saves in Load Game.

• Fixed missing Dock Interactions menu in certain situations.

• Fixed missing mouse picking on map after closing Mission Briefing in certain situations.

• Fixed missing tabs in Property Owned menu in certain situations.

• Fixed rectangular target elements being displayed in first person in certain situations.

• Fixed further cases of NPCs not being targetable on platforms.

• Fixed menu crash in Info menu in certain situations.

• Fixed long but rare freeze on Map.

• Fixed several cases of Split storage modules appearing offset in station build menu.

• Fixed lower front windscreen not being transparent when looking from outside on Kestrel.

• Fixed turret group assignment and position of some turrets on Rattlesnake, Monitor and Odysseus.

• Fixed paint mods on Raptor not being aligned correctly.

• Fixed Split flak turrets not using correct barrel geometry.

• Fixed weapon positions on Mamba.

• Fixed player logo not being properly visible on Monitor.

• Fixed some missing voice recordings in German, French and Russian localisations.

• Fixed engine sound problems under specific circumstances.

• Fixed suspense music playing while on station.

• Fixed graphical artefacts for AMD Navi GPUs (5600/5700).

• Fixed rare problem with platform guidance causing performance to drop.

• Fixed several causes of crashes.

Soldato
***EDIT: Nevermind I fugured it, seems you have to first assign the miner to the station, like setting up a fleet, one you have done that it seems to then just sort itself out.

Next thing I need to figure is my station also needs methane, but no methan in system, see if I can get a minor to go looking for that, wish me luck.***

Hi guys, need some help again!

I have now built my first own station, I have assigned the station a manager. The station is setup so it has all 3 storage containers, it has a energy cell manufactuer, a water manufacturer and the one that needs ore (I forgot its name). To summarise my station needs ore and ice (among other things).

So, I purchase 2 miners and set them to auto mine in the same system, they go out and mine just fine, however when they are full, 1 of them then goes and sells it off to a third party station, and the other just sits there as there are no stations in the system buying ice.

I have double checked an assigned them to the station and it doesnt seem to change, what am I doing wrong?

Have you set buy orders for the Ice? Have you build a large docking area, because thats the only way you will get Ice & Methane from NPCs.
M size AI miners won't travel XYZ systems away to sell, when they can have profit closer than their mining place.

In which sectors you have set up your station?

Soldato

• Improved performance for games where player owns very large number of ships and stations.

• Fixed wrong faction sometimes being blamed when ships or stations are destroyed.

• Fixed mining drones not launching to collect broken-down asteroids they had earlier marked for collection but didn't collect due to cancellation.

• Fixed cases of defence drones docking before all are launched sometimes preventing any further defence drones from being launched.

• Fixed male Split characters sometimes having female voices with Split Vendetta installed.

• Fixed being completely unable to manually dock Drill without docking software.

• Fixed Dal Busta not offering Split story at HQ after player rejects story offer until save and reload.

• Fixed Dal Busta not offering Paranid/Split storyline when starting from Accomplished Scientist gamestart.

• Fixed Dal Busta calling to talk about multiple plot opportunities at same time.

• Fixed Paranid plot mission Prophetic Mission stalling because of missing dock.

• Fixed excessive delay between HQ plot related signal leaks if one was previously missed.

• Fixed missing equipment for multiple factions when starting Paranid plot with older saves.

• Fixed Paranid plot battle taking place in wrong sector under rare circumstances.

• Fixed Fires of Defeat gamestart long-term mission getting stuck because of captured ships.

• Fixed Hatikvah story getting stuck in rare situations during bomb-placing mission.

• Fixed missions offered by NPCs on dock areas incorrectly appearing in Mission Offers menu.

• Fixed mismatched ships and loadouts when editing shopping list entries in Ship Configuration menu.

• Fixed missing mouse picking on map after closing Mission Briefing in certain situations.

• Fixed rectangular target elements being displayed in first person in certain situations.

• Fixed several cases of Split storage modules appearing offset in station build menu.

• Fixed lower front windscreen not being transparent when looking from outside on Kestrel.

• Fixed turret group assignment and position of some turrets on Rattlesnake, Monitor and Odysseus.

• Fixed some missing voice recordings in German, French and Russian localisations.

Yeah the Split got more capacity on the miners at last. The M size miner had the capacity of the Teladi S size one!!!!

Soldato
Have you set buy orders for the Ice? Have you build a large docking area, because thats the only way you will get Ice & Methane from NPCs.
M size AI miners won't travel XYZ systems away to sell, when they can have profit closer than their mining place.

In which sectors you have set up your station?

Ok, so, my station is in Nopileo's Fortune II - I have 3 medium miners, the two ore ones now seem to be working and behaving fine.

I bought a third Gas miner, and setup it up EXACTLY the same way, however instead of mining it just defaults to "Patrol" - the only reason I can think is there isnt any Methane in the system, the only gas resource the station needs is methane. Is the AI not smart enough for the station assigned miners to wonder off to other systems? Maybe why its just defaulting to patrol?

Soldato
OP
In behaviour section you can limit how many sectors/gtes distance to find the ware i think.

Btw about auto miners selling to npc stations, saw this on reddit maybe it works for you.

They probably not trading with your station because there is a better price elsewhere. Try setting your station to ONLY trade with your faction AND set the price to something like 100 credit. Meaning your trader will always think your station has the best deal.

Man of Honour

Some great fixes there!

Soldato
OP
Improved colour differentiation between racial Construction Vessel ships

About time they tried to make em not copy and paste ships and differentiate them.

//

Noooo i thought i found a region they forgot and was gona be my secret crystal mining place. :(

Man of Honour
Ok, so, my station is in Nopileo's Fortune II - I have 3 medium miners, the two ore ones now seem to be working and behaving fine.

I bought a third Gas miner, and setup it up EXACTLY the same way, however instead of mining it just defaults to "Patrol" - the only reason I can think is there isnt any Methane in the system, the only gas resource the station needs is methane. Is the AI not smart enough for the station assigned miners to wonder off to other systems? Maybe why its just defaulting to patrol?

Multiple possibilities -
- your station manager isn’t highly skilled enough to send them to the nearest sector with resources
- you don’t have the appropriate storage containers
- you don’t have factories that need it yet
- you don’t have a dock for M ships

Same happened to me, don’t know why it sorted itself in the end.

Back
Top Bottom