XBOX 360 Vs PC

Associate
:confused: Why bother is there any point to gamming rigs ??

My Xbox360 is connected to my 42" LCD HDTV and is giving me graphics at 1920 × 1080, this is then connected to my 7.1 THX amp.

The sound is incredible, Gears of War is amazing, even Oblivion IV is brill, so is there any point to gaming rigs anymore…

Now my spec is not bad cost me 6 months ago (£1500) build it myself many of the parts sourced from OC.

I need to be convinced that there is still a market for the gamming rig…

Help I am having a moment of consciousness; spend money on my PC or indeed break it for parts, please help me.

Permabanned
There are still some games that I can only play with a mouse, like CS:S

Using a controller for that would feel, unnatural to me. Yet that the same time there are some games for me that are strictly console controlled, using a keyboard and mouse for them would feel strange.

Associate
OP
iCraig said:
There are still some games that I can only play with a mouse, like CS:S

Using a controller for that would feel, unnatural to me. Yet that the same time there are some games for me that are strictly console controlled, using a keyboard and mouse for them would feel strange.

But does it warrant spending the sought of cash we have to spend to keep upto date ? :confused:

Suspended
just go through and search for the 100 other '360vsPC' or 'Is PC Gaming dying?' threads.

Im sure there will be a few people in here shouting at you for starting another, as we seem to have them every few days.

PC will always rule, as long as youve games like Spore being developed then the PC is still the master.

Associate
OP
burnsy2023 said:
Yes, if the gameplay is severly affected.

Plus, it's always easier to mod PC games, which is a huge bonus.

Burnsy

Don't get me wrong chaps don't want to start a FLAMMING war and I don't want this thread to go down the same route as the others..

I am having a midlife crises and I need to be guided back to the loving fold of my pc and the pc gamming community. That way I can part with my hard earned cash to OC when I need upgrading.

Soldato
pricha3518 said:

My Xbox360 is connected to my 42" LCD HDTV and is giving me graphics at 1920 × 1080, this is then connected to my 7.1 THX amp.

The sound is incredible, Gears of War is amazing, even Oblivion IV is brill, so is there any point to gaming rigs anymore…

Now my spec is not bad cost me 6 months ago (£1500) build it myself many of the parts sourced from OC.

Help I am having a moment of consciousness; spend money on my PC or indeed break it for parts, please help me.

Because people have this thing called choice and opinion.

Rich

Soldato
For games on the 360 i play maybe 3 regularly and about 15 in my collection, for PC i play about 5 and have 50+ in my collection.

Time spent playing/hours of game play is also different, i seem to play my PC a lot more and games seem to have more hours of game play for the money. I don't know why but i can only play graw or gow online for a hour or 2 before getting bored and the single player was done very fast.

I can link my PC up to my 42" TV and play on there so the whole "i prefer to play on the sofa" thing doesn't apply to me.

If i had to chose whether i had a pc or xbox i would chose pc simply because i need it for work which needs a powerful pc anyway, TV, DVD, internet, movie making, music and games.

One thing i like about the 360 is xbox live and the friends and ease of use for connecting to games is.

Associate
what makes me laugh is all these game developers are trying to bring xbox and pc online gaming together.

hmm mouse vs controller in ut3 (ut2k7 :p)

Soldato
There are loads of advantages to PC gaming, from much cheaper games to whole genres that barely exist on consoles (like RTS and MMORPG games). But the real question is what you are looking for?

- Are the games you want on consoles? As I said, some games are only on the PC, and vise-versa.
- Are you into game mods? People always rave about such and such Oblivion mod, but do you care about it? If you never touch mods, then why bother?
- How much money do you want to spend? PC's aren't cheap. Do you mind upgrading them?
- How many/long do you play games for? If you play loads of games, the PC doesn't work out so bad.
- Is ease of use and pick up and play important? So much less hassle on consoles.

It up to you.

Soldato
pricha3518 said:

Play Oblivion on the pc and see how superior it is too the 360 one( i have played both) 360 one looks rather crap imo. oh and this link says it all for me if you play fps=pc and the 360 don't support 1080 properly they just upscaled.
http://pcgames.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/11085/title/The_Best_Way_To_First-Person_Shoot.html

I bet am like most pc gamers who rushed out and got a 360 was great for 3-4 months then i soon got bored of the games and it ended up as a dust collector so was duely sold, the 360 was abit over hyped to me it never deliverd what they said it could.

Last edited:
Don
MNuTz said:
just go through and search for the 100 other '360vsPC' or 'Is PC Gaming dying?' threads.

Im sure there will be a few people in here shouting at you for starting another, as we seem to have them every few days.

PC will always rule, as long as youve games like Spore being developed then the PC is still the master.

Agreed and thought the same as you :)

Stelly

Associate
No point comparing 360 to a PC. If your just gonna compare PC ports like Oblivion then yes the PC will do it better, but theres games on the 360 I want that are either already out or are coming out in the future that wont be available on the PC and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom