**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Soldato
I have only read info on Kotaku and not watched due to work but I'm slightly worried about how multipurpose it is...

I would also much rather it focussed on games only. I like hardware, so I have a smart TV which can watch Netflix and iPlayer. I wonder how much cheaper it would be to manufacture if it was just controller, games, box, hdmi... I think I am the only person who hates the ancillary stuff shoved on. Only now it is a core part of the One experience not an afterthought. Altough that doesn't make me want it more...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Call of Duty Ghosts game play looks pretty epic TBH, the crumbling building was insane. Music fit pretty nicely also

I thought it looked terrible, you can't just you know, have a group of bad guys in a building, and you need to get in there so you attack and take cover and shoot and some good AI actually means they make it a challenge. No, you need some usb thumb drive with data on it, its at the top of a building that is about to collapse, you go in, building collapses, you're walking down a street and a dam bursts.

The thing is all these things, sliding down a building, swimming through a dam, its all, it all feels disconnected. its not really game play, it just happens to you with no control, its not really fun, it just IS.

They can look visually very nice, but I'm not watching a film, I'm playing a game. I have no problem when games throw in these set pieces as an addition to actual gameplay, because I want to play a game, but when every part of the game just because a "along for the ride" set piece with little actual challenge, crap AI, easy to kill everything the few times you actually are asked to partake in the action, I get bored.

Cod is just about every new one being less actual playing and more watching bigger and more excessive set pieces, with some quick time events and some directing which way they slide down some rock face.

Soldato
Erm I hope they bring more at E3. They showed what 4 games ? Forza, EA stuff, COD and that Quantum thingy (which didn't exactly show much). I was excited to see Halo.... to turn out its a TV show errr ok.

The controller looked extremely nice though. The console looks freaking HUGE though, kind of reminds me of a VCR player lol.

Was pretty impressed with COD actually though. I havn't played a COD for years ! but I like the post apocalyptic feel it has.

Roll on E3 I guess !

Associate
none of the things i really wanted to know were answered. all the kinect bits were crap to me and controller is a total miss. the console itself looks too big and clunky

Caporegime
'MW3 was state of the art just a short time ago'

lol.

/snap^

Really not impressed so far with any of it :(

I love how these tools can stand there and outright lie to people's faces, mw3 looked like ass and would have looked like ass if it was released in 2009. State of what art exactly? The art of releasing games that look years out of date?

FTM

FTM

Soldato
It does have a certain 80s look to it.

sIkloWt.jpg

What's the meaning of the 'HDMI In' port? Connecting up a second console?

connect it to your sky box/tivo etc

then the xbox overlays a display onto your tv picture for whatever reason..presumably you can then use kinect to change channels, volume etc

Soldato
Am I the only one that thinks it looks ugly as ****? Looks like a massive old DVD player :confused:

Looks like a HTPC case to me, and like it's meant to be under your TV like a TiVo box or Sky DVR.

Consoles have looked like spaceships until now, people moaned they look rubbish in the living room and now they still moan now that it actually looks like a piece of AV equipment :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Completely underwhelmed :confused:

Just reminded me of the last unveil for the 360, CGI, no game footage but this time focussing on the non-gaming stuff, its a games console!

I missed a fair bit of the beginning though, what are the hardware specs?

Soldato
not impressed, not much detail given away about the xbox one (rubbish name), seemed to Americanized to me, clapping seemed staged also, real gameplay?, all i saw was trailers?, only thing interesting was halo 4 tv series by Spielberg. Wasn't impressed with design of it either. Shall wait for E3 for games as we all know Fifa and COD are on both but right now with what we know its PS4 for me for 1st next-gen gaming.

It does have a certain 80s look to it.

sIkloWt.jpg

What's the meaning of the 'HDMI In' port? Connecting up a second console?

I think you can use it as a pass through to enable some of the feature like video chat etc overlay-ed on your sky/cable box, could be wrong through.

edit -

Beaten a million times :(

Back
Top Bottom