**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Soldato
This... :D Always funny to see some internetz rage though :)

This. It's always been like this on here. Something big gets announced with practically ZERO info, everyone is an expert and predict failure. More info gets released and everyone is a convert. More info leaks, suddenly it's a failure again. Not just here but everyone on the Internet. Such is the way of the world I guess.

Soldato
I'd really rather not buy another console at all, I have a good spec HTPC sat under my 50" TV that plays all the latest games and probably better than the new consoles but I'm a sucker for new tech and exclusives! At this point in time I'll almost certainly get a PS4 for Sony exclusives and their fantastic PS+ service :)

I'm really not excited at all about the ONE and will leave buying one for as long as possible as there are less exclusives that I want on Xbox.

Soldato
It's a platform reveal, the games are for E3. Why can't people grasp that?

LoL at some of the comments. ZOMG MS FAIL IM GETTING PS4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither company have really shown anything yet.

The platform reveal reveals the intended audience and market.

I don't think the brand is strong enough to leverage into a market that Apple is about to go full bore on. Sony had a message that resonated far more with me as a gamer.

Associate
Does anyone else think 500GB is a little on the small size for a next gen console?

Bare in mind PC installs currently average at around 8GB and quite a few are around the 15GB mark. BF3 with the expansions is 34GB.

Soldato
Yeah but it's hardware design is more stylish than Xbox One and probably it's aesthetic appeal also pulled in some what reluctant punters. Can't see that happening with Xbox One ;)

:confused: first time i've ever heard anybody describe either the original or slim 360 as 'stylish'.

the ONE is quite a simple angular black box; it's certainly far closer to the style of my AV AMP and HTCP, so I know which one I think is more stylish.

stylish, lol.

Soldato
Well I was 99% certain of getting one pre-announcement, so not a lot has changed. The entertainment hub aspect looks amazing but as usual I bet most of it doesn't work outside of the US. Would have liked to see more games, but that's what E3 is for.

Assume the box can stand upright aswell? Reminds me a lot of the PSX if it was black.

I will buy both consoles, probably Xbox first then a PS4 when 1st party exclusives start to appear (MGS & Naughty Dog basically). Xbox One will be best for 3rd party again IMO.

Soldato
Does anyone else think 500GB is a little on the small size for a next gen console?

Bare in mind PC installs currently average at around 8GB and quite a few are around the 15GB mark. BF3 with the expansions is 34GB.

They'll offer upgrades I imagine. I wasn't expecting it to come with anything bigger than 500GB.

Associate
Well I was 99% certain of getting one pre-announcement, so not a lot has changed. The entertainment hub aspect looks amazing but as usual I bet most of it doesn't work outside of the US. Would have liked to see more games, but that's what E3 is for.

Assume the box can stand upright aswell? Reminds me a lot of the PSX if it was black.

If you read the wired article it says it only works flat.

Soldato
Not too sure how anyone has already made their mind up but that's fair enough. These reveals never really give too much away, not to the hardcore 'gamer' anyway. The good stuff will come from E3.

I'm also underwhelmed,

Read this is movie trailer voice,

"E.S.P.N, Instant TV Switching, Sports Interactive, Exclusive Call of Duty content"

What?

I want a 'games console', not am American gun-ho cable box.

I understand the direction they are taking, they want to own the living room with the whole 'entertainment box' label and it's probably not a bad idea in the respect but as a 'core' gamer it's just all fluff to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom