**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Soldato
I most definitely will, I put very little faith in any review I read, what with the minimum score seemingly 7 no mater how turd the game is.

Yep, I often find i hate games that get amazing reviews and love games that get mediocre reviews.

I mainly use reviews to get an idea of what the game is like then decide myself if i will like it or not.

Man of Honour
If the software side of the console is as unoptimised as some of the rumours are suggesting, there will surely be some big performance gains to be made in the future as both the software tools develop, and MS make changes and tweaks as they go along.

Soldato
To me it seemed that this current gen (PS3 vs 360) that the 360 was the core gaming platform whereas the PS3 was the more media centric (inc gaming) platform.

But this upcoming gen, they seem to have switched roles

Man of Honour
To me it seemed that this current gen (PS3 vs 360) that the 360 was the core gaming platform whereas the PS3 was the more media centric (inc gaming) platform.

But this upcoming gen, they seem to have switched roles
I think that's a fair point. MS have very openly said they want to take over the living room, and be "Input One" on your TV. I don't see that happening at all until they get the TV side of things sorted out for everyone outside the US.

Associate
Is it really a valid point, to buy a system (at launch I'm talking about) when there is nothing you want to play on it, simply because it's more powerful than the competition? I don't know about anyone else, but I buy a console to play games on, not to look at it and think about how powerful it is.

Exactly why i am buying the Xbox one even thought the PS4 is more powerful ,, as i want to play FORZA 5 :) :) and luckily it looks good so for me i choose the XBox one, also will make a change to be talking to the Console than the Mrs ,,, :) :) Xbox one night night :p

Soldato
I think that's a fair point. MS have very openly said they want to take over the living room, and be "Input One" on your TV. I don't see that happening at all until they get the TV side of things sorted out for everyone outside the US.

The TV stuff can't be that hard surely? If it has decent API and bug 3rd parties enough to do it.

Associate
I won't be getting a PS4 until next year tho. I might get an Xbox One when it gets a hardware revision in the future.
The ONLY way this will ever happen is if a piece of hardware inside turns out to be failing by the 10'000's and even then it would be replaced with an item of the same spec . so the games will work on ALL XBox Ones and not just some of them.

Soldato
Do people really watch that much TV any more? Maybe it is just my generation but I get all my 'TV' entertainment from the internet. Youtube and Netflix for example.

Don
Yay, just had my days off confirmed for the 22nd, 25th and 26th November. With the 24th being my birthday I should have a lovely gaming weekend. All I'll need is Everton to beat Liverpool in the derby and my weekend will be complete :D

Still umming and arring about booking them days off, I don't have much confidence in getting it on release despite being told I should. Where I ordered from are a big competitor to OCUK so can't mention but not sure I trust them when speaking to them tbh.

Oh well, we will see, maybe they'll prove me wrong!

Man of Honour
Still umming and arring about booking them days off, I don't have much confidence in getting it on release despite being told I should. Where I ordered from are a big competitor to OCUK so can't mention but not sure I trust them when speaking to them tbh.

Oh well, we will see, maybe they'll prove me wrong!

Ah, mine was ordered from ShopTo and I trust them (and DPD) to get me the console on release. Let's hope they don't let me, and countless others down.

Don't hold your breath ;)

As it's my birthday weekend I'll probably be too drunk to really care either way :D

Are you going to be streaming on Twitch when you get your One?

I'll certainly consider it if anyone would want to watch, though as I'm only on a crappy 6MB connection I'm not sure what the quality would be like :)

Associate
As a PC gamer that's been used to 1080p gaming (when I had a better graphics card than a 8600GT) it's pretty disappointing that both next gen consoles are struggling to hit these heights.

I know most of the general public won't see or care about any difference between 720p and 1080p but it's been the gap I hope the next gen could jump to since the lies from Sony PS3 1080p dream was only that. The difference on a 65" 1080p screen that shows enough detail is quite big to me and after 8 years we're still struggling to push a higher res than the PS3/360 gen?

I know everything except for my graphics card is high spec and that foundation would cost a lot from scratch but if I just bought a £150 7950 Graphics card I could be running BF4 at max settings with 1080p and a smooth fps. That's a noticeable improvement on hardware that's taken a 8 year wait to get to "next gen".

Sorry for the ramble but I was just hoping for better performance from these new consoles to justify the pretty chunky price. The coding can only get better from developers I'm sure so it makes sense for me to wait for the price to get much lower and the performance to improve as it matures. Games like Forza 5 will give me hope unlike BF4 :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom