Xbox One X

Soldato
So I have acquired a 1x as a gift. Still cant believe it.

Totally unexpected and as such I have no games. Having said that there were codes in the box for complimentary live gold and game pass so I have halo 5 downloading.

Its probably already been covered but what ate the top games for 4k HDR?

Gonna get a couple bought.

Does Deatiny 2 have a 4k HDR patch yet?

Im currently looking at rise of the tomb raider, AC origins, quantum break and gears 4.

Still cant believe I have been given one. So happy - its funny how life goes sometimes.

Soldato
No one swapped from a gaming PC?

I've got a PC with a 5GHz 7700K and a 1080Ti and I caved in bought an X despite originally cancelling my preorder. I'm quite impressed with what it can do, even though a lot of the games I've been playing are available on PC anyway (for example, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Wolfenstein II, Assassin's Creed Origins, Forza 7). Graphically it's pretty good even though I'm sure my PC would be better, but sometimes you just can't beat the console experience. Quite happy with it, but I'd just love some more exclusives to really show it off.

Soldato
I've got a PC with a 5GHz 7700K and a 1080Ti and I caved in bought an X despite originally cancelling my preorder. I'm quite impressed with what it can do, even though a lot of the games I've been playing are available on PC anyway (for example, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Wolfenstein II, Assassin's Creed Origins, Forza 7). Graphically it's pretty good even though I'm sure my PC would be better, but sometimes you just can't beat the console experience. Quite happy with it, but I'd just love some more exclusives to really show it off.

Snap i did the exact same thing even though i have a pretty decent pc.. The X combined with a 55"OLED is sublime :)

Soldato

Totally unexpected and as such I have no games. Having said that there were codes in the box for complimentary live gold and game pass so I have halo 5 downloading.

Im currently looking at rise of the tomb raider, AC origins, quantum break and gears 4.

Still cant believe I have been given one. So happy - its funny how life goes sometimes.

The Destiny 2 patch comes out alongside the first expansion on December 5th and AC is awesome so just go for that man :cool:

Associate

Sounds like you've struck gold.

For me, forza 7, battle front 2 (demo via EA access), titanfall 2 (via ea access), wolfenstein2 and gears 4 have been the standouts. Halo 5 is also decent .
Gears 4 and halo 5 should be available via the game pass (gears in December) and u can grab a trial for about a quid I think.

Haven't tried assassin's.

Soldato
No one swapped from a gaming PC?

I have a PC and a Switch. Ditched the PS4 late last year and hadn't missed it. Then once this came out I fancied trying consoles again. So far my experiance has been Fab.

Recently I have been playing games on my PC via the tv and it is fine but it has an extra layer of potential hassle and things like HDR are a bit up and down based on my experiance these past months.

However the X just makes it easy. Just turn it on and go.

I don't think I would sell my pc, I will be moving it back upstairs though

Caporegime

It's quite refreshing just playing the game and not worrying about changing graphics settings.

Soldato
I have a PC and a Switch. Ditched the PS4 late last year and hadn't missed it. Then once this came out I fancied trying consoles again. So far my experiance has been Fab.

Recently I have been playing games on my PC via the tv and it is fine but it has an extra layer of potential hassle and things like HDR are a bit up and down based on my experiance these past months.

However the X just makes it easy. Just turn it on and go.

I don't think I would sell my pc, I will be moving it back upstairs though

Yeh I was really thinking about going for the ease of the Xbox but I reckon I prefer the look of a desk and PC perhaps with a projector for evening use.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right - I want to play online co-op, are there any plug and play headsets that will allow use of mic in game and sound to headphones without arsing about?
Any 2.5mm headset (on new controllers) can allow game sound and party sound or a mixture of both (or only party sound).
I use a cheap one that came with a previous phone and works fine.

Soldato
Any 2.5mm headset (on new controllers) can allow game sound and party sound or a mixture of both (or only party sound).
I use a cheap one that came with a previous phone and works fine.

OK cheers.

But ideally, I want a decent headset. Proper headphones with mic boom. Like I use in PC gaming. Still cant believe it is so hard to achieve on a 2017 console.

Associate
OK cheers.

But ideally, I want a decent headset. Proper headphones with mic boom. Like I use in PC gaming. Still cant believe it is so hard to achieve on a 2017 console.

I just use Philips Fidelio X2 with v-moda boompro, plug into xbox elite pad and have no problems

Back
Top Bottom