Xbox One X

Soldato
Throw them away?

My original PS4 controller is still working fine.

In fact so is the pad I got with my fat ps3!

MS should be providing charge and play on their premium console. Probably my only criticism of a very premium feeling machine.
I hated the rechargeable controllers on the PS. For one, the amount of time the battery held a charge decreased over time and two, if I hadn't played my PS for a while and then fancied a game of something. Invariably the pad would be dead and I'd have to either play with it tethered to the console or charge it and play later.

Everyone has their own preference I guess but I prefer the choice of batteries. You can always use rechargeable batteries too.

Associate
When playing Forza 7 tonight..I was doing an hour endurance race..and the strangest thing happened..

When at high speed at certain areas of the tracks, the analog stick would not allow me to turn :confused:

Does this sound like a console, game, controller issue??

I would say a controller/software issue, I cannot see how it's console related if the rest of the pad was functioning ok. If it does it again and you have a cable handy plug it in via the USB and that should confirm it.

Soldato
Well after getting my returns request thing sorted my Xbox has now decided to work perfectly. It must have updated something in the background, no more errors (fingers crossed) all weekend, everything installing ok etc. Setting the power option to the fast one seems to have helped weirdly. Got the elite controller though i'm finding the extra triggers a challenge.

Soldato
Any of you guys have a recommendation for a good headset to pair with the X?

I was considering getting the Turtle Beach Elite Pro (without the mix amp) or perhaps Steel Series Artis 3/7 (think they are compatible) Does anyone have experience with either of these or a good alternative. I play exclusively with a headset so happy to spend a little extra to get the most out of it.

Just to add. I'm not fussed over 7.1 as it appears to be virtual on most headsets anyway so don't want it to detract from overall sound quality. Hence the Mix amps omission from the Turtle Beach

Last edited:
Associate
I hated the rechargeable controllers on the PS. For one, the amount of time the battery held a charge decreased over time and two, if I hadn't played my PS for a while and then fancied a game of something. Invariably the pad would be dead and I'd have to either play with it tethered to the console or charge it and play later.

Everyone has their own preference I guess but I prefer the choice of batteries. You can always use rechargeable batteries too.

You don't need the pad physically connected to the console at all... I've had my PS4, OG Xbox one and Xbox One X Scorpio controllers connected to my iPad charger for the last three years as it provides enough power for all functions and this sits at the side of my bed with a 2M Micro USB cable. Works a treat. Sod paying for a play and charge kit - I hardly notice the cable connected to the controller.

Shawrey.

Soldato
Well - after my comments regarding the headset situation it seems I owe the X an apology. Used a 2 into one cable from my pc gaming headset (QPAD QH-90) and pluged into the pad and bosh. Sound and chat in co-op on Halo 5 no issues. Really happy about that. Tried the same on my PS4 ages ago and it didnt work. Obviously isnt mega sound but its better than my PS4 is when running sound from the pad.

Im also finding the xbox app a lot better than the playstation equivalent too.

Happy days.

Soldato
Just sorted out my settings on TV, it IS a HDR , im such a NooB :p

One thing, anyone know how to rename the Source to "TV" "XBOX" etc..

checked the net and manual but can't find a thing!

TV is a HiSense H49M3000.

Cheers.

Caporegime
Throw them away?

My original PS4 controller is still working fine.

In fact so is the pad I got with my fat ps3!

MS should be providing charge and play on their premium console. Probably my only criticism of a very premium feeling machine.

I’d rather have AA batteries to be honest. At least tbey lost a lot longer.

Associate
Just sorted out my settings on TV, it IS a HDR , im such a NooB :p

One thing, anyone know how to rename the Source to "TV" "XBOX" etc..

checked the net and manual but can't find a thing!

TV is a HiSense H49M3000.

Cheers.

On my Hisense, the Input button brings up the list of inputs, you then use the arrow keys to move up to the top and click the Rename button.

Back
Top Bottom