Xbox One X

Soldato
What had everyone been mostly playing on this and what's impressed you the most. I've just finished wolfenstein 2 which was great, on Evil within 2 now. A bit framey at times but not too bad!

Caporegime
Assassins creed origins, Wolfenstein 2, Evil Within 2. Origins is the best looking thus far I would say.

What setting do you have for EW2? I'm using the variable fps rate and it does feel a bit stuttery, might try the locked frame rate option.

Soldato
Assassins creed origins, Wolfenstein 2, Evil Within 2. Origins is the best looking thus far I would say.

What setting do you have for EW2? I'm using the variable fps rate and it does feel a bit stuttery, might try the locked frame rate option.

nice

im on locked and it certainly doesnt quite hold 30 unfortunately. tbh the first one was poorly optimised, this one is better but maybe retains some of its tech issues?

Soldato
What had everyone been mostly playing on this and what's impressed you the most. I've just finished wolfenstein 2 which was great, on Evil within 2 now. A bit framey at times but not too bad!

Dipped into a few things.

Halo 5, AC Origins, flashback (needed to scratch that 90's itch), rise of the tomb raider, gears 4 & the turing test.

So far for me - rise of the tomb raider hands down. The resolution and lighting are brilliant.

Gears 4 feels familiar but really tired. Also WTF is with this happy jovial script / team interaction? Makes it feel really trivial. Gears is supposed to be serious and visceral. It feels like Robocop 3 when I expect Robocop. Or Justin Beiber when I expect Nine Inch Nails. Pretty dissapointed so far.

AC origins looks a lot better now I am outside but meh - hasn't made me feel too wowed. Maybe I'm just not in the mood.

Halo 5 is interesting and on the difficulty im playing on but so far feels a bit samey and uninspiring.

Still yet to try Forza 7 but I am hopeful it will be awesome.

Also need to triple dip on Doom as well (already have it on PS4 and PC). Been far and away my recent favourite game ever. Really hope they release a 4k refresh for it.

Soldato
Dipped into a few things.

Halo 5, AC Origins, flashback (needed to scratch that 90's itch), rise of the tomb raider, gears 4 & the turing test.

So far for me - rise of the tomb raider hands down. The resolution and lighting are brilliant.

Gears 4 feels familiar but really tired. Also WTF is with this happy jovial script / team interaction? Makes it feel really trivial. Gears is supposed to be serious and visceral. It feels like Robocop 3 when I expect Robocop. Or Justin Beiber when I expect Nine Inch Nails. Pretty dissapointed so far.

AC origins looks a lot better now I am outside but meh - hasn't made me feel too wowed. Maybe I'm just not in the mood.

Halo 5 is interesting and on the difficulty im playing on but so far feels a bit samey and uninspiring.

Still yet to try Forza 7 but I am hopeful it will be awesome.

Also need to triple dip on Doom as well (already have it on PS4 and PC). Been far and away my recent favourite game ever. Really hope they release a 4k refresh for it.

I actually agree with Gears. Nice looking but yea the tone really doesn't seem to fit for me either!

Almost bought Doom today! Had it on PC but never gave it a good go. The X patch isn't out yet I don't think? Will pick it up when it hits

Soldato
I swapped to locked and it's much better, definitely don't change to variable it's a much worse experience.
No worries yea I did think it weird to even offer the choice tbh, people tend to only want 60fps if it can be a solid lock or at least close, not varying from 30 to 60 on the fly, would be a bit jarring!

Soldato
It is Great, maybe buy now and wait for the patch for its full glory ;)

Ive read that Bethesda may not patch doom as it already runs at 60fps. I cant see them not patching one of their most successful games though, but you never know.

Im hoping for an enhanced update but it does not seem like a priority at the moment.

Soldato
With play anywhere game can 2 users play the game at the same time with each other ? e.g Forza horizon 3 one person on PC one on Xbox using different live accounts?

Back
Top Bottom