Xbox One X

Soldato
on mine (not same model) I get this layout :

zipocj.jpg

Soldato
Pretty impressed with the 1X so far. Got mine hooked up via an optical cable and I have to say the sound is excellent. Good to be back on xbox pads too. Although I will say they feel cheap / light compared to how they used to feel. Also the vibration units are really intrusive and noisy. But I tend to game with them off anyway so its not a massive issue for me.

I need to buy an external HDD as I only have about 180gb of space left! :p

Im also happy that I can buy 360 titles online too - that backwards compatibility is great.

Not really done any online gaming yet but for me, so far, the overall MS/xbox experience is better than that of the Sony/PS4. MS store prices seem really competetive too but I accept there are heavy black friday discounts.

Does anyone know what happened to the plans to release The Talos Priciple of xbox? Wanted to get a copy for the wife but it seems like its unavailable, possibly never actually released?

Soldato
This has probably already been asked in this thread, so apologies.

I have an original gen Xbox One with Kinect and was considering an upgrade. I don't yet have a 4k TV, still using a 40" Samsung LED 1080p TV, which doubles up as my PC monitor.

I'd trade in my Xbox One and PS4 (non slim) towards it and currently I'd only have to pay about £180 on top. The question is, is it worth the upgrade at the moment?

Caporegime
As far as OG Xbox is concerned I would say it's worth upgrading, 4K, HDR, UHD player etc etc (obviously if you go down the 4K TV route).

Whether it's worth trading in a PS4 as well.... not so sure it's worth losing the ability to play the PS4 exclusives if you're still on 1080P.

Soldato
As far as OG Xbox is concerned I would say it's worth upgrading, 4K, HDR, UHD player etc etc (obviously if you go down the 4K TV route).

Whether it's worth trading in a PS4 as well.... not so sure it's worth losing the ability to play the PS4 exclusives if you're still on 1080P.

Well, I've only played The Last of Us and Bloodborne as exclusives on the console. I was keeping it to play TLOU2 when it comes out, but my lad wants to get a PS4 Pro with his Christmas money (he gets loads from relatives) so that kind of solves that issue. I haven't turned on my PS4 in months.

Soldato
Impressed by build quality more than anything with this. It is as quiet as a PS2 Slim, and not too much heat build up either. Very well made. Gears of War 4 is incredible, the best I've tried. I have a PS4 and was hearing that the XBOX One X would be the best place to buy cross platform games so I tested Fallout 4 to see the differences. The PS4 Pro was much better, colours more vibrant and sharper, I was surprised how much better it was as the XBOX X seemed like a much better console until I did a compare. Shame I have to buy consoles to find these things out myself as all the videos, posts etc. mostly say the XBOX One X is the better console when in real terms it ain't and I can't see many if any 3rd parties making technically better games just for the XBOX X. Love the backward compatibility but don't need the X for that. I've got a LG 4K, HDR 10 TV which cost 3k last year so it's a good testing TV. My honest opinion based on experience, my 2 pence.

Back
Top Bottom