Xbox One X

Soldato
I thought the PS Pro had an update for Fallout 4 that included higher resolution textures and it hasn't yet been released for the Xbox?

Edit: McBain confirming what I thought, need to do the comparison when the patch is released. I'd also think the main advantage is the X won't require you to turn your volume up to 11 to drown out the fan noise.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Nabbed ME:Andromeda from the sale... if ever there was a game that needs an X patch it's this. After watching all the youtube trailers and what not where it looks really rather tasty I was quite surprised to find the game doesn't even play at 1080P 30FPS, it's at some God awful 900p resolution with low res textures that makes my 4K screen look like it's smeared with vaseline.

It doesn't even have resolution scaling it's just 900p always, with the occasional cut scene where you get to taste 1080P before being relegated back to filthy 900p.

If all they did was bring out a patch to allow 1080P during gameplay it'd make a huge difference. But from looking around it seems like EA killed the ME franchise so it'll probably never happen. :(

Caporegime
Nabbed ME:Andromeda from the sale... if ever there was a game that needs an X patch it's this. After watching all the youtube trailers and what not where it looks really rather tasty I was quite surprised to find the game doesn't even play at 1080P 30FPS, it's at some God awful 900p resolution with low res textures that makes my 4K screen look like it's smeared with vaseline.

It doesn't even have resolution scaling it's just 900p always, with the occasional cut scene where you get to taste 1080P before being relegated back to filthy 900p.

If all they did was bring out a patch to allow 1080P during gameplay it'd make a huge difference. But from looking around it seems like EA killed the ME franchise so it'll probably never happen. :(

I doubt it will happen, the team have pretty much been disbanded.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...udio-bioware-montreal-to-merge-into-ea-motive

Associate
Is it possible to refund digital games off xbox marketplace? I bought a game last week and now it's on sale half price :mad:
Edit: I haven't downloaded it yet so is untouched

Associate
The Fallout 4 Patch 1.18 was released on the 8th Nov for all platforms.
For X.B.O.X
  • Supports 4K Resolution
  • Enhanced features include:
    Dynamic Resolution
    Enhanced draw distance for trees, grass, objects, and NPCs
Enhanced God Ray effects

Caporegime
The Fallout 4 Patch 1.18 was released on the 8th Nov for all platforms.
For X.B.O.X
  • Supports 4K Resolution
  • Enhanced features include:
    Dynamic Resolution
    Enhanced draw distance for trees, grass, objects, and NPCs
Enhanced God Ray effects

Strange, not according to my console. Also 'in development' according to this: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced-list

Fallout 4 isn't 4K yet on X1X, at least as far as I can tell. Nothing in my games list suggests it's enhanced, no patch has been downloaded.

Last edited:
Associate
I got an update around 750-800mb on the 8th (i got my scorpio on the 7th) i started the game but there was nothing different in the menu, been to busy to play fallout atm.
looked around to see if it was the update for the the X as i don't want to continue until i'll get the use out of my new scorpio.
found this info in a few places http://sihmar.com/fallout-4-update-1-18-ps4-patch-notes/
I don't know how trustworthy that site is.

Soldato
I got an update around 750-800mb on the 8th (i got my scorpio on the 7th) i started the game but there was nothing different in the menu, been to busy to play fallout atm.
looked around to see if it was the update for the the X as i don't want to continue until i'll get the use out of my new scorpio.
found this info in a few places http://sihmar.com/fallout-4-update-1-18-ps4-patch-notes/
I don't know how trustworthy that site is.

think they are made up, rather trust Bethesda than another site.

the 8th update was

https://bethesda.net/en/devnote/TApIHmUwQE0sGqaQIYKS0/fallout-4-1-10-40-update

The 1.10.40 update for Fallout 4 is now live on all platforms.

Fallout 4 1.10.40 Update

Bug Fixes

• Fixed crash related to changing profiles (Xbox One only)
  • Fixed issues with screenshots displaying incorrectly in Creation Club/Mods
  • Message of the Day heading revised
  • Changed logic for how Creation Club content is initialized
  • Minor bug fixes to Bethesda.net

Soldato
bought $25 Xbox gift card from cdkeys with Applepay, £17.09
changed PC region to USA in Windows settings
open Store app
choose redeem code from menu
when prompted added an Alaskan address if one not in your address book, Hilton should do.
should redeem
change region back
shop on USA Xbox store.

Soldato
Yeah I read that. Apparently it's caused some of the issues people had with the console not turning on. I guess if any surge issues occur and damage the console, at least it's in writing from Microsoft.

Had mine plugged into a surge plug board - one that kills all but a couple of plugs when the TV is turned off.

Had issues with my 1x when I first had it - would turn itself off before fully booting up.

Basically with my new TV every time the tv went dark/black it would turn the xbox off.

Disabled the surge protection and had no further issues.

Back
Top Bottom