Xbox One X

Soldato
Don't want to curse it but I thought I'd try my X before I sent it back for RMA. Plugged it in and it said preparing. It's formatted it fine and all "appears" fine. I have 30 days until the RMA expires so I'm going to absolutely thrash it this week and see what's what.

I've set all storage to be handled by my external drive, power off fully (not eco mode fast start) and I'll leave it turned on all this week.

Hopefully it was just a glitch in the matrix.

Associate
I'm just wait out then, knew there was a new one but been looking on ebay. Not worth the hassle if they've had issues

I've had 2 Elite Controllers both never caused me any problems.
I've just sold mine while it still worth something in prep for the new one that due out.

Associate
Just so everyone knows, I had an Xbox one x in today for repair as a desperate customer voided their warranty trying to fix it.

The hard drive tested out fine on pc, back in the Xbox one x after a full format and reinstallation of os using some magic program on Windows and it's up and running again.

Seems like it's a software issue rather than hardware based on this experience, and the console did have the e105 error

Soldato
Just so everyone knows, I had an Xbox one x in today for repair as a desperate customer voided their warranty trying to fix it.

The hard drive tested out fine on pc, back in the Xbox one x after a full format and reinstallation of os using some magic program on Windows and it's up and running again.

Seems like it's a software issue rather than hardware based on this experience, and the console did have the e105 error

Exactly what happened to mine.

Associate
Is the xbox X meant to be silent? Mine is quite loud when playing a game. Sort of like a high buzzing sound. Much louder than what my S was like :( Really don't wanna send it off and be without it for a few weeks. Sea of Thieves Beta tomorrow!

Caporegime
Depends on the game i've found, Wolfenstein in particular made mine ramp up the fan but AC: Origins for example didn't, not completely silent but you'd have to be quite close to hear it.

Associate
It depends on the individual X as out of the four I have had two were silent and on the other two the fan ramped up frequently, I think it depends on the chip CPU/GPU quality. If yours is buzzing though it might have a fan bearing issue.

Soldato
Received my 50th scorpio replacement today and it seems to be brand new and not a refurb. It states the manufacter date as the end of December and doesn't say anything about a service date.

Soldato
Bah! various swear words etc.

fnvic7.jpg

Soldato
I keep putting off sending it back because i've become obsessed with Fallout 4. I've found by turning it off at the wall when i've finished using it, it will then work next time (sometimes I get the above error so hold down the button on the front and try again). Once it dies properly i'll RMA it (again). The most annoying thing is the constant wind up I get from mates telling me i'm an idiot for selling my PS4 Pro to get an xbox.

Soldato
I keep putting off sending it back because i've become obsessed with Fallout 4. I've found by turning it off at the wall when i've finished using it, it will then work next time (sometimes I get the above error so hold down the button on the front and try again). Once it dies properly i'll RMA it (again). The most annoying thing is the constant wind up I get from mates telling me i'm an idiot for selling my PS4 Pro to get an xbox.

Just get it sent off bud. Mine did exactly this and found the off at the wall trick worked a couple of times but now it wont even boot. Sent it back today.

Back
Top Bottom