Xbox One X

Caporegime
Failure wise? don't me we have another RRoD fiasco on our hands?

I wouldn't go that far.

Certainly enough horror stories on here but it seems more a software issue than the hardware itself.

I dunno about software, the error I got and the one I see above relating to game saves would point to me a hard drive error causing problems being able to save.

Soldato
My replacement arrived yesterday, not bad as I only spoke to them last Wednesday. Not sure it’s new though, looks a little “handled”. Fingers crossed, not had too long with it yet but seems to be ok.

Soldato
Xbox 1X comparable to RROD :D

No.

The RROD rate was thought to be around 54%

Only a figure Game Informer magazine got from its 5000 readership and nothing that was ever denied or accepted by Microsoft.
https://consumerist.com/2009/08/17/xbox-360-failure-rate-is-542-percent-game-informer-finds/

The real figure will never be known but is very unlikely to have been as high as 50%. I had 4 360's at the time and only 1 had RROD issues. The others were either sold OR I still have my last version (non slim) which works perfectly fine.

Associate
My fan ramps up a bit playing Origins but it’s not loud and far quieter than my Pro. Tbh considering what it’s doing I’m surprised how quiet it is.

That's the only game i have that causes the Fan to kick in. I live in the Middle East and even though the room has Aircon it still kicks in. I did try putting it on a laptop cooler but it made naff all difference so removed it. I put it down to having the physical disc at first but i also have Battlefront II physical and that doens't do it.

All the other games are downloads and they all run silent. I only bought mine at end of Dec and didn't receive it until mid Jan (i'm British but living and working in the Middle East so Amazon deliveries take a little longer. Plus I wanted the Scorpio Edition so had to wait nearly 2wks for them to get one in stock!)

Other than that though i have used it most days for around 4-5hrs in the evening once the kids are in bed and apart from the fan on ACO it's been fine otherwise. *touching wood*

Soldato
My replacement arrived yesterday, not bad as I only spoke to them last Wednesday. Not sure it’s new though, looks a little “handled”. Fingers crossed, not had too long with it yet but seems to be ok.

Check the white sticker on the back of the console where the serial number is, if its refurb it will say service date, I would not worry though, the main thing is it works, mine had a service date of JAN 18, so far its running well.

How does it look handled? I really hope I get my box back.

Box? do you mean you sent your faulty console back in its original xbox box?

Soldato
Check the white sticker on the back of the console where the serial number is, if its refurb it will say service date, I would not worry though, the main thing is it works, mine had a service date of JAN 18, so far its running well.

Lol sorry, i mean't Xbox. I sent mine back in a Vax turbo brush box :D

In other news, i sent mine away last wednesday and just had MS email me saying its sorted and now on its way back to me. Fingers crossed for friday!

Soldato
Lol sorry, i mean't Xbox. I sent mine back in a Vax turbo brush box :D

In other news, i sent mine away last wednesday and just had MS email me saying its sorted and now on its way back to me. Fingers crossed for friday!

Sounds like MS are handling this as efficiently as they did the RROD turnaround, that's reassuring :) I had three of those but it was no stress at all getting each one replaced.

Soldato
Been ignoring my Consoles for a while and just had a quick read through the last few pages of this thread, I bought a Scorpio on release to replace my absolutely silent One S, no exaggeration you wouldn’t know it was on unless you pressed your ear against it! However the Scorpio ramps up quite loud on anything other than the Dash, I was disappointed but thought that’s the way it is. I’ve never had it crash or give error codes, should I send it back or just persevere?

On a side note my PS4 Pro is also very loud and much louder than the PS4 it replaced, am I just unlucky with this gen? :(

Soldato
Just thought about this, If people are getting back different consoles how does the warranty work out? Mine had 2 years but that only applies to my broken xbox. I take it the warranty is transferred or something to the new serial number?

Soldato
Got myself an X the other day and I’ve been impressed so far. Build quality seems really decent and I’m amazed by how quiet it sounds, that’s even after a 5 hour stint on PUBG. I could barely hear the fan if at all.

Soldato

It's got a service sticker dated Jan 24, been fine so far, it's louder than the previous two unfortunately but nothing I can be bothered to RMA over. No louder than my pro was.

Associate
It's got a service sticker dated Jan 24, been fine so far, it's louder than the previous two unfortunately but nothing I can be bothered to RMA over. No louder than my pro was.
Hopefully you finally have a keeper! Maybe now you can play Fallout 4 with no worries.

Soldato
Only weird thing mine does is suddenly in the que being installed is a game I've already installed. Destiny 2 is one. 42gb of it, it's been installed for ages so I'm baffled. Not sure if it's due to my external HD though. Although D2 should be on the Xbox.

Back
Top Bottom