Xbox One X

Soldato
List of games "Enhanced for XBox One X" announced so far below. Some have additional content and detail, some just 4K textures, HDR, Dolby Atmos etc..
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence
  • Anthem
  • ARK: Survival Evolved (Game Preview)
  • Ashen
  • Assassin’s Creed Origins
  • ASTRONEER (Game Preview)
  • Battlerite
  • Below
  • Black Desert
  • Brawlout
  • Chess Ultra
  • CODE VEIN
  • Conan Exiles
  • Crackdown 3
  • Danger Zone
  • Dark and Light
  • Darksiders III
  • Dead Rising 4
  • Deep Rock Galactic
  • Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition
  • Dishonored 2
  • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
  • Disneyland Adventures
  • Dovetail Games Euro Fishing
  • DRAGON BALL Fighter Z
  • Dynasty Warriors 9
  • EA SPORTS FIFA 18
  • Elex
  • Elite: Dangerous
  • EVERSPACE
  • F1 2017
  • Fable Fortune
  • Fallout 4
  • Farming Simulator 17
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Firewatch
  • For Honor
  • Forza Horizon 3
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Gears of War 4
  • Gravel
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Hand of Fate 2
  • Hello Neighbor
  • HITMAN
  • Homefront: The Revolution
  • Injustice 2
  • Jurassic Park
  • Killer Instinct
  • Killing Floor 2
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  • Life is Strange: Before the Storm
  • Madden NFL 18
  • Mafia III
  • Mantis Burn Racing
  • METAL GEAR SURVIVE
  • Metro: Exodus
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • Minecraft: Xbox One Edition
  • Minion Masters
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • NBA 2K18
  • Need for Speed Payback
  • Ooblets
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisp
  • Outcast – Second Contact
  • Outlast 2
  • Paladins
  • Path of Exile
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
  • Portal Knights
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
  • Project Cars 2
  • Quantum Break
  • Raiders of the Broken Planet
  • Railway Empire
  • Real Farm Simulator 2017
  • ReCore
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard
  • RiME
  • ROBLOX
  • Robocraft Infinity
  • Rocket League
  • Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Slime Rancher
  • SMITE
  • Sonic Forces
  • Star Wars Battlefront II
  • State of Decay 2
  • STEEP
  • Strange Brigade
  • Super Lucky’s Tale
  • SUPERHOT
  • Surviving Mars
  • Tennis World Tour
  • The Artful Escape
  • The Crew 2
  • The Darwin Project
  • The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  • The Last Night
  • The Long Dark
  • The Surge
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Titanfall 2
  • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Tom Clancy’s The Division
  • Train Sim World
  • TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge
  • Warframe
  • Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide
  • We Happy Few
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  • World of Tanks
  • WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship
  • Zoo Tycoon

Thanks for the info. But seems basically just remasters / tweaked versions of existing games. I think I will wait till some games are out that are built for the x. Not really interested in shiner versions of One games. To drop £450 + extra pad + games Im gonna need to see more than 4k texture packs for years old titles

UXB

UXB

Associate

Thanks for the info. But seems basically just remasters / tweaked versions of existing games. I think I will wait till some games are out that are built for the x. Not really interested in shiner versions of One games. To drop £450 + extra pad + games Im gonna need to see more than 4k texture packs for years old titles

Totally agree with this, maybe another year and we'll see some games to make the 1X worthy of a purchase, but for now not worth it IMO

Soldato

There is never going to be games specifically built for the Xbox One X. There may be extra content on it, but all games released need to be playable across the Xbox One family. The One X has never been marketed as a new generation of console, it was very much being targeted at players who want to play the current gen games at their best. I'm actually quite surprised at how quickly it seems to have sold out. In some ways it was being sold as quite a niche product.

Last edited:
Soldato
There is never going to be games specifically built for the Xbox One X. There may be extra content on it, but all games released need to be playable across the Xbox One family.
Yep, there will be games with better effects, more on screen, better view distance etc on X1X but generally speaking as far as I can see the games will be common across the platform (including PC). If you have a 4K TV with proper 10-bit HDR and Dolby Atmos the games will be better on X1X. If you're on a 1080p TV stick with XB1S for the time being and get a 1X later when the price drops and there's more content which takes advantage of it's additional power.

Generally speaking it takes devs a couple of years to squeeze the best out of the hardware so we're in that position we're always in with a new release where they're pushing the X1S to its limits to great effect but will take a couple of years to really wring the best out of X1X at which point the difference between the two versions will become more obvious.

Soldato
There is never going to be games specifically built for the Xbox One X. There may be extra content on it, but all games released need to be playable across the Xbox One family. The One X has never been marketed as a new generation of console, it was very much being targeted at players who want to play the current gen games at their best. I'm actually quite surprised at how quickly it seems to have sold out. In some ways it was being sold as quite a niche product.

I havent really been following things too closely so thanks for the heads up. So it looks like it isnt worth it for me. I have a PS4 so to go xbox now will cost a fortune. Would have splurged the cash for some decent content but probably wait till the next proper new gen now unless they pull out some really good games.

Seems a bit pointless to limit the x1x potential by designing games for the One and bolting on texture packs. But thats just me.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Seems a bit pointless to limit the x1x potential by designing games for the One and bolting on texture packs. But thats just me.

It's only like playing games on your PC at medium now (i.e. One/S) then upgrading your GPU to play the same games at high settings (One X). Thats how I look at it.

It's only what we do on PC now when we upgrade the CPU or GPU to play games at higher settings, this is just giving people the option to do this on consoles too.

Plus the One X is a 4k blu-ray player on top, which was another selling point for me as I like my movies

Associate
I havent really been following things too closely so thanks for the heads up. So it looks like it isnt worth it for me. I have a PS4 so to go xbox now will cost a fortune. Would have splurged the cash for some decent content but probably wait till the next proper new gen now unless they pull out some really good games.

Thats how it is now though, even on ps4 with the pro and i cant see why they would change for the 5 too. Their are no longer 'Next gen' terms. Like the pc, games will be released and the graphics will scale depending on the hardware. Nothings designed for the lower spec console, they are all designed for the highest settings and scaled back.

Soldato
It's only like playing games on your PC at medium now (i.e. One/S) then upgrading your GPU to play the same games at high settings (One X). Thats how I look at it.

It's only what we do on PC now when we upgrade the CPU or GPU to play games at higher settings, this is just giving people the option to do this on consoles too.

Plus the One X is a 4k blu-ray player on top, which was another selling point for me as I like my movies

Yeah fair comments. But thats the PC way. Its not something consoles have ever been / done.

No harm in choice though, as you say. As long as folks are gaming then its all good.

Just not worth it for me I guess as I already have a decent gaming PC and the cost for me to get an X and a ruck of games would be prohibitive.

I can see why it would be a good choice for current xbox owners though.

Caporegime
Oh. Seems like a faux pas not to have at least one 'next gen' release title / exclusive.

So nothing new other than shinier versions of existing games. Oh well. Probably leave it till next year then and see whats happening.

But this isn't a new generation.....at least that's what they want you to believe.

But in all seriousness this is a rather unprecedented situation.

MS don't want it to appear like they are releasing a new generation so don't want to annoy Xbox One owners so they have come up with this strategy.

All because the Xbox One was such a mess.

Last edited:
Soldato
Buying one from Very was a no brainer for me. If they honour it... amazing I get the console for £363 which is an incredible price. If they don't honour it then I just cancel. Also have the xbox one S 2TB edition which still go for a good price that I can sell so if I do get it at that price its not going to cost me too much to upgrade to the Xbox one X.

Associate
I went with an Argos pre-order, looking forward to see how it works with my Freesync monitor. Funny how it's the same price as the launch price for Vega 64.

Caporegime

It's all they can really do because the majority of the extra power is in the GPU, the CPU was already the major bottleneck and it's only had a minor speed bump. When you are running what is probably closer to an 8-core Pentium 4 than any modern PC processor you don't have the CPU horsepower to increase frame-rate, improve physics/AI etc. so all that is left is increased resolution and extra graphical effects - stuff that doesn't impact the CPU.

Soldato
Xbox one X was designed to run 1080p titles with a 4x resolution boost. Tbh I doubt we will see much detail differences over the same games on Xbox one and One X bar a few tweaks. It's a shame as tbh I would rather all games were native 1080p 60fps HDR with increased detail and physics etc. I really see very little difference between 1080 upscaled, chequerbaording or native 4k when sat back 4-5 feet on my sofa. It's the usual big numbers sell and 4k is the latest trend.....

Soldato
Xbox one X was designed to run 1080p titles with a 4x resolution boost. Tbh I doubt we will see much detail differences over the same games on Xbox one and One X bar a few tweaks. It's a shame as tbh I would rather all games were native 1080p 60fps HDR with increased detail and physics etc. I really see very little difference between 1080 upscaled, chequerbaording or native 4k when sat back 4-5 feet on my sofa. It's the usual big numbers sell and 4k is the latest trend.....

Lol, a bit like the tiny difference there is between 900p and 1080p. But look at the fuss that caused.

Associate
xbox exclusives in next 6 months, cup head, forza 7, crackdown 3, stake of decay 2, sea of thieves, super lucky tale, Recore Definitive edition (re released) and PUBG (timed)

i don't see problems with that? plus you have every 3rd party game looking and performing better?

EDIT: i'm getting Forza 7, cup head and crackdown 3 :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom