Xbox One X

Soldato

I have to agree with them, it was a terrible conference/show or whatever you want to call it. I honestly think they would have been better off doing nothing because that showed nothing and if anything did more harm than good.

It should have left players excited and eager to order the Xbox One X but all it left was the question of why bother. They can talk about the specs on paper all they want but it's going to take more than that for people to jump ship again from Playstation, who whether they have the 'most powerful' console have been about the gamers since the announcement of the PS4 unlike MS who messed up and have been trying to correct those mistakes. I own all of the consoles and will be getting an X but if I had to choose one platform it would not be the Xbox at this time.

Phil Spencer has done a great job since taking over and should have been at the even, it may not be an E3 but they had everyones attention due to it being the last event before pre-orders. Bad decision.

Associate

I suppose I was just thinking that Microsoft aren't really offering anything new with their plans for the future, nor do they have any really interesting new IP's. They're essentially playing catchup to Sony's Playstation and unless they can manage to appeal to more than the devoted fanbase they have it's not going to achieve enough. At the moment I can't see why the One X is an essential purchase (although admittedly I'm probably wrong here giving the pre-order numbers!) especially as for many people they won't notice much of an improvement.

Associate
Looks like pre order allocations are running out fast, especially online so I went to my local Game store (put your crucifixes away guys :D) where they had 2 left so I promptly put my deposit down to secure one

Soldato
Seems like I have two preordered by accident On Sunday I initially went to Shopto but it gave me an error after trying to reserve it then when I refreshed the page it said out of stock. At that point I went to Amazon and preordered it from there but it seems I have an email from Shopto that they sent yesterday confirming I have a preorder. Not sure which one to keep and which one to cancel since I've had no issues with either in the past.

Soldato
I am holding fire until it becomes clearer what (if anything) is going to run at 60fps @ 1080p or higher.

Destiny 2 running @ 30fps is not a good marker.

Soldato
This is the most pointless console ever IMO, its really only worth it if you are already invested in XB1, don't have a gaming PC and have a 4K TV

Very small market, which is why it's strange that pre orders are selling out, must be a very small launch batch?

Soldato
This is the most pointless console ever IMO, its really only worth it if you are already invested in XB1, don't have a gaming PC and have a 4K TV

Very small market, which is why it's strange that pre orders are selling out, must be a very small launch batch?

I imagine more people have Xbox ones with 4K TVs than gaming pc's tbh.

Consoles are big business and this being the most powerful means it will sell well.

Soldato
I imagine more people have Xbox ones with 4K TVs than gaming pc's tbh.

Consoles are big business and this being the most powerful means it will sell well.
At this point in the generation power isn't as important, and also the price will be a big problem for it. There will essentially be only a small portion of hardcore Xbox gamers who want the highest spec and will upgrade. I can't see anyone else buying into this en masse. Any more casual player will go for any of the other cheaper options.

Soldato

I don't have a PC, but do have a 4k TV, so not pointless to me, anyway I would have thought the very small market now days is the PC.

Soldato
At this point in the generation power isn't as important, and also the price will be a big problem for it. There will essentially be only a small portion of hardcore Xbox gamers who want the highest spec and will upgrade. I can't see anyone else buying into this en masse. Any more casual player will go for any of the other cheaper options.

It's selling up pretty quick. These days you can just chuck it on the plastic or interest free it from a catalogue so the cost becomes less of an issue.

I think it's going to sell very well it's far more mainstream than PC gaming.

Soldato
I think 2017 has been a pretty rubbish year for Xbox games personally, I think and hope 2018 will be much better and help the Xbox X a lot, if I understand a lot of big games have been delayed into 2018.

Soldato

Well i have a gaming PC that can run 4K but i ordered one, I see this as exactly the same as a GPU upgrade, it gives me better performance and better visuals on games i play with my friends.

Do all my PC friends have 1080s and 4k screens or run games at 140hz? of course not but that doesn't mean i shouldn't.

Will a lot of my xbox friends still be playing on og xbox ones or xbox one s, of course but i can afford one and I want one.
Hell i bought an elite controller that is the same.

MS seem to have embraced the rolling upgrade idea for consoles and im cool with that, swap out the main console every 4 years wife gets the hand me down and I get the bleeding edge.
I appears clear the MS want a xbox family and im happy with that idea. I'd be happy with an upgraded console every 2 years.

Soldato
Dont thin
I'd be happy with an upgraded console every 2 years.

I would like it to more like 3-4 years, I can't resist getting the new consoles and would not like having to fork out £400+ every 2 years.
Hopefully the Xbox X and Ps4 Pro is it for a while. i just know that Sony will tease something next year!!!

Soldato
how often do you upgrade your phone? thats where 2 years came from with me. now that used to be a contract thing but all my phones are off contract now. I guess phones wear and tear a lot more than consoles though cause tbh an iphone 7 isn't that different to a 6 and the same for droid phones. 3-4 maybe a better timeframe.

Soldato
how often do you upgrade your phone? thats where 2 years came from with me. now that used to be a contract thing but all my phones are off contract now. I guess phones wear and tear a lot more than consoles though cause tbh an iphone 7 isn't that different to a 6 and the same for droid phones. 3-4 maybe a better timeframe.

I buy my phones outright, I can generally keep a phone for 5-6 years. But yeah generally a timeframe of 3-4 years would be better like you said for consoles, if they do this mid gen update thing.

Soldato
Well, if the main differentiator becomes resolution and frame-rate I don't see why Sony and MS would not update their systems as soon as possible with Zen CPU cores as the potential jump is so huge.

I can't see them waiting 3 years, 2 years is more than enough for heat and cost to be reduced to the point where it becomes viable. We are now in a race to provide an all immersive VR console.

Back
Top Bottom