Xbox One X

Soldato
The more they showed about this the less I wanted it. I've got a pre order in with the Rainforest but since everything looks to be cross platform Im struggling to justify keeping it. The best bit is the hardware is good and the UHD bluray player. Otherwise the games are just looking like PC stuff I can already play :(

Associate
The more they showed about this the less I wanted it. I've got a pre order in with the Rainforest but since everything looks to be cross platform Im struggling to justify keeping it. The best bit is the hardware is good and the UHD bluray player. Otherwise the games are just looking like PC stuff I can already play :(

No point in xbx if you have decent pc or don't need UHD player.

Soldato
It's selling up pretty quick. These days you can just chuck it on the plastic or interest free it from a catalogue so the cost becomes less of an issue.

How do you know it's selling quickly, reserving something with no obligation to buy and no deposit to pay is one thing, turning those into sales is something else.

At the end of the day if you own an Xbox One but would like better graphics and can afford it then then the X is fine, which is why I'm getting one.

If you own another console ie PS4 and also a gaming PC then it's a little pointless imo as there will be nothing that you can't get on the PC and you'll get to play more exclusives on the PS4.

If you don't own either console then I don't think the Xbox is the way to go, it just doesn't have the quality of games the PS4 does.

If you don't care about the games but want the most powerful console then the X makes sense.

Soldato
What your reason for change. So £210 plus a cost of game do you see it a worthy upgrade?

For me personally i think its worth it yes there are a lot of games on the xbox x which will be getting some nice 4K HDR treatment and which i want to play again like forza horizon 3 / halo and the new forza 7 of course.

My pro has hardly been used except for uncharted 4 and i was going to wait for GT 7 but i think i will give it a miss.

Soldato
For me personally i think its worth it yes there are a lot of games on the xbox x which will be getting some nice 4K HDR treatment and which i want to play again like forza horizon 3 / halo and the new forza 7 of course.

My pro has hardly been used except for uncharted 4 and i was going to wait for GT 7 but i think i will give it a miss.

When you put it like that supppse your right pal.

Associate
I am thinking of doing the same thing i have been looking around and can get around £230 in credit which would be a nice chunk of an Xbox One X.
Game are doing a trade in offer where if you have there elite membership you will get 25% more on a console trade in towards xbox one x

Associate
I'm worried that if I keep my pre-order live and collect the new console, I'll also have a new TV by Christmas! (I don't have 4k.)

Associate
I pre ordered at Argos after initially trying to hold out from getting one ( damn no will power ) they have already taken the money which i wasnt expecting.
Just a little warning for anyone that is looking to get one from there

Soldato
I pre ordered at Argos after initially trying to hold out from getting one ( damn no will power ) they have already taken the money which i wasnt expecting.
Just a little warning for anyone that is looking to get one from there
Don’t think they allowed to take money till dispatch?

Grrr well if got one pre ordered just hope it a correct choice to trade in my PS4 pro for it. Not having both I’ve always said that

Soldato
For £230 I'd personally say just keep the PS4 pro and have both systems. I've had a PS4 and Xbox one since launch :)

I don't have a 4k TV either so not too fussed about upgrading them just now. I'll probably hold out for another generation of new console hardware in a few years time before buying a new TV.

Associate
Might explain why they still have them available i guess , i just cancelled my order on live chat i dont fancy paying out that much and having to wait....much prefer a new vid card now :)

Soldato
For £230 I'd personally say just keep the PS4 pro and have both systems. I've had a PS4 and Xbox one since launch :)

I don't have a 4k TV either so not too fussed about upgrading them just now. I'll probably hold out for another generation of new console hardware in a few years time before buying a new TV.

But that would mean it cost me £450 for consol I more likely play same games on.

Back
Top Bottom