Xbox One X

Associate
Not sure what the failure rate is on these but I guess it's the penalty for being an early adopter. There are plenty of forums where people are still on their first machine and not all of these are created equal depending on the chip yield whether you get a quiet one or not. Just need some more exclusive titles on it!

Last edited:
Associate
So I picked up a One X over the weekend and immediately noticed fairly loud coil whine under load. Is this something to expect with this console or should I look to get it exchanged?

Caporegime
So I picked up a One X over the weekend and immediately noticed fairly loud coil whine under load. Is this something to expect with this console or should I look to get it exchanged?

Some are having problems with the fan, yup. What is the manufacturer date? Are they dishing out 2018 models yet?

Associate
It's an electrical buzzing rather than the fan getting noisy to my ear. Oct 2017 build.
As long as it has a nice quiet fan and doesn't start sounding like a hoover under load and everything else seems good I'd live with it, you may end up with something worse mate.

Soldato
Im sure someone mentioned it earlier in this thread, is failure quite common with the one x or is it just slanted due to being a forum of nerds (no offence as i class myself as one).

Soldato
It’s no where near the level of the rrod with the 360 but I’ve had to replace my Scorpio 3 times. Two hard drive issues and one faulty fan.
Doesnt exactly fill my with confidence, did the ps4 pro suffer from this much? I can see why its being compared to the RROD. IMO such an expensive piece of tech shouldnt have this many issues.

Soldato
Doesnt exactly fill my with confidence, did the ps4 pro suffer from this much? I can see why its being compared to the RROD. IMO such an expensive piece of tech shouldnt have this many issues.

I wouldn’t compare it with the rrod. It only seems to be issues with the Scorpio as I’ve had a standard one x as well and it had no issues at all.

Caporegime
Im sure someone mentioned it earlier in this thread, is failure quite common with the one x or is it just slanted due to being a forum of nerds (no offence as i class myself as one).

Maybe you were getting confused by my asking about 2018 models. I was just guessing that the consoles with the newest manufacturing date might behave a bit better. There hasn't been any X revisions yet.

Soldato
Maybe you were getting confused by my asking about 2018 models. I was just guessing that the consoles with the newest manufacturing date might behave a bit better. There hasn't been any X revisions yet.

That could be it, weird its the scorpio ones tho as id have thought they were essentially the same console with a different coloured case.

Caporegime
That could be it, weird its the scorpio ones tho as id have thought they were essentially the same console with a different coloured case.

The Scorpio ones were probably made first and would have been dished out to Microsoft staff to play about with. Maybe they flagged up things that were then sorted for the normal boxes but too late for the Scorpios. Who knows.

Back
Top Bottom