Xbox One X

Soldato
Just thought about this, If people are getting back different consoles how does the warranty work out? Mine had 2 years but that only applies to my broken xbox. I take it the warranty is transferred or something to the new serial number?

Same here, my faulty xbox has the extended warranty still and my new xbox just has the basic warranty.

Soldato
After an extended session with the new one it's crashed once (game bug i think) but the noise it's generating is incredible, like a hair dryer. I had to turn the TV up to hear the in-game dialogue, nothing like the last two. Wonder if I got Soulja's old box?

Associate
After an extended session with the new one it's crashed once (game bug i think) but the noise it's generating is incredible, like a hair dryer. I had to turn the TV up to hear the in-game dialogue, nothing like the last two. Wonder if I got Soulja's old box?
Two out of the four I've had were like that and the fan was revving up and down constantly, it was driving me mad also they got damn hot on the right hand side near the power supply more so than the two that were near silent. I'd be getting on to Microsoft yet again I'm afraid Arcane and I hope you get it sorted.

Soldato
Only weird thing mine does is suddenly in the que being installed is a game I've already installed. Destiny 2 is one. 42gb of it, it's been installed for ages so I'm baffled. Not sure if it's due to my external HD though. Although D2 should be on the Xbox.

Mmmmmmm

Last week I went to play battlefront 2 and my console thought it wasn't installed, despite me playing it for weeks. I had to wait 2hrs whilst it all downloaded and updated.

Soldato
Only weird thing mine does is suddenly in the que being installed is a game I've already installed. Destiny 2 is one. 42gb of it, it's been installed for ages so I'm baffled. Not sure if it's due to my external HD though. Although D2 should be on the Xbox.
mine did that once but only when an update failed, corrupted? it decided to remove and reinstall the thing from scratch. Pity it was GoW4 which is not the smallest of downloads :(

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Has anybody had a cobtroller reparied? Mine was sent back to me on Monday but it still hasn't arrived yet

Mine took just over a week to get replaced. Sent it on the 17th Jan got it back on the 26th Jan. Wasn't very happy with their shipping method though. When you return the controller they insist it's in a box and covered with bubble wrap. Yet the replacement I got was just shoved in a jiffy bag. Luckily it survived the trip to me and worked fine.

Associate
What service are you guys using for xbox repair?

My partner was getting nowhere when our original xbox one hard drive failed after a few months and gave up. Now out of warranty

HeX

HeX

Soldato
What service are you guys using for xbox repair?

My partner was getting nowhere when our original xbox one hard drive failed after a few months and gave up. Now out of warranty

I just went here: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/browse/xbox-one then scrolled to the bottom and clicked 'Contact Us' spent half an hour in chat with a support person explaining the issue and they then set up the return and provided a link to a pre-paid mailing label.

Associate
I just went here: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/browse/xbox-one then scrolled to the bottom and clicked 'Contact Us' spent half an hour in chat with a support person explaining the issue and they then set up the return and provided a link to a pre-paid mailing label.

Always speak to them via e-chat. It's the simplest and most effective way of getting things across.

You can cancel pre-orders and the like as well. Their E-chat service has been flawless for me. Can't see why it wouldn't be to return the actual unit for repair.

Shawrey

Soldato
Two out of the four I've had were like that and the fan was revving up and down constantly, it was driving me mad also they got damn hot on the right hand side near the power supply more so than the two that were near silent. I'd be getting on to Microsoft yet again I'm afraid Arcane and I hope you get it sorted.
You have had 4? How bad are the failures on these?

Back
Top Bottom