Xbox One X

Soldato
Disc but is fully installed. It seems quieter today so maybe it was doing some background stuff. It’s by no means silent and can still be heard. Every X I have heard makes a noticeable noise but considering the hardware and a radial fan it’s to be expected.
Mines makes kind of a low gentle rumble, certainly not a whine like the Ps4 Pro.

Soldato
Mine makes a hum but it increases and decreases in speed a fair bit. It’s not quite pro loud but similar with a lower pitch. Odyssey seems the worse at making fan noise....
Can you access the fans on these like you can on a Pro? Can'y say i have noticed much variation in noise yet, but it's still new and lacking and living room fluff and dust...

Associate
I currently want an Xbox to play RDR2. 2 questions.

1) I have a 1080p TV and am used to PC gaming. Do I want an Xbox One S or Xbox One X?
2) Shall I wait for Black Friday or just wait for a RDR2 bundle to show up before then?

Soldato
I currently want an Xbox to play RDR2. 2 questions.

1) I have a 1080p TV and am used to PC gaming. Do I want an Xbox One S or Xbox One X?
2) Shall I wait for Black Friday or just wait for a RDR2 bundle to show up before then?

Completely depends on what your budget is and if your willing to wait imo... I would get a read dead Xbox one x bundle if it was me, I recently got one of the deals off very ended up paying £330 for the console with 2 games after I sold one of the games so got a good deal :)

I would go for the x over the s even on 1080 because you can play at 60fps at 1080p , then when and if you do eventually upgrade to a 4ktv you have the option :)

Associate
Completely depends on what your budget is and if your willing to wait imo... I would get a read dead Xbox one x bundle if it was me, I recently got one of the deals off very ended up paying £330 for the console with 2 games after I sold one of the games so got a good deal :)

I would go for the x over the s even on 1080 because you can play at 60fps at 1080p , then when and if you do eventually upgrade to a 4ktv you have the option :)

Thanks for the input. I might wait to see if there is a RDR2 Xbox One X bundle then on the cheap!

Soldato
Bah I need that I loved the white S :(

Not worth swapping though, unless it comes with some sort of improvement.
The case looks nice not sure I will get a newer model though mine was bought late April 2018 & manufactured Feb 2018 :)

Some games @ 4K for sure when the room gets warm the fans ramp up a little but most of them do this it all comes down to room temps & how close you sit to the Xbox. If your looking for an Xbox1X though the Gloss White for sure is the one to get while stocks last :eek:

Associate
Has anyone bought an Xbox one x bundle recently ? I was wondering if you got disc versions or download codes bundled.

Could knock a few quick off the price trading in the forza games ( already have them )
Cheers

Associate
When you fill the drive in an X what are the options, replace it with a bigger drive, add an external USB?

If you add an external USB drive does it affect performance in any way?

Ta

Soldato
Changing the internal drive will void the warranty and involves dissembling the console.

I use an 8tb USB Xbox game drive and have not had any performance issues. I do keep my currently playing games on the internal drive as the Xbox uses its flash storage as a drive cache to speed up performance. Any decent usb drive will work fine.

Associate
Changing the internal drive will void the warranty and involves dissembling the console.

I use an 8tb USB Xbox game drive and have not had any performance issues. I do keep my currently playing games on the internal drive as the Xbox uses its flash storage as a drive cache to speed up performance. Any decent usb drive will work fine.

Great thx for that, I presume from what you are saying you can choose what to install on the main drive and the external one?

Back
Top Bottom