Xbox One X

Soldato
Changing the internal drive will void the warranty and involves dissembling the console.

I use an 8tb USB Xbox game drive and have not had any performance issues. I do keep my currently playing games on the internal drive as the Xbox uses its flash storage as a drive cache to speed up performance. Any decent usb drive will work fine.

Is that the 8gb flash, isn't that more for apps and the OS.

Soldato
It’s also used to cache files on the HDD to speed up access times. I had a chat with MN about it a while back it’s why the stock drive gets a decent performance increase even though it’s a bog standard 5400rpm Seagate.

Cool, I may try that then, although do you think it would be pointless for me as I turn off my X after use, I don't use the instant on feature.

Soldato
Do you think HDR10 will be tossed aside in the next gen consoles for Dolby Vision instead?
Probably not in the next few years as too many older HDTV's support it. Dolby Vision is supposed to be a standard going forward. Dolby Vision has an extra metadata layer I believe which helps a lot when they encode new movies for 4K UHD Disc (dynamically adjust the image on the fly to suite the HDTV capability) so its probably going to continue to gather a lot of support in the future.

Back
Top Bottom