Xbox One X

Soldato
Bought a One X yesterday to upgrade my One S, haven't had time to play Red Dead 2 yet, was busy watching TV and letting it download my older games and the 2 new Forza's first, played a bit of Forza Horizon 4 last night though, looks great. Just need to upgrade my PS4 to a Pro next, which I'll probably do when Days Gone is released.

Soldato
My Xbox one X was pretty much silent until I started to play rdr2 on it. I can definitely hear the fans, it's not really loud but I can hear it

Soldato
Just ordered one to replace my very early XBox One. Not bad getting it for £369.99 with Forza Horizon 4, Forza Motorpsort 7 and RDR2.

damn you all to hell,

just done the same

should be hear Tuesday to replace my early one as well.

deal was far too good to pass up.

Soldato
Do many games support faster framerates/better AA and stuff on 1080p?

Thinking about picking up a One X as my early PS4 is giving me grief and I'd like to finally play the XB1 exclusives. Not planning on upgrading to 4k any time soon though.

Associate
Do many games support faster framerates/better AA and stuff on 1080p?

Thinking about picking up a One X as my early PS4 is giving me grief and I'd like to finally play the XB1 exclusives. Not planning on upgrading to 4k any time soon though.

I'm running 1080p screen and every game supports supersampling,

Forza horizon 4 got two modes, 4k max settings or 60 fps 1080p mode

Few other games with same setup.

Soldato
It looks better, not sure I'd say "a lot better" as even on the base PS4 it looks stunning. If you run side by side then there is a noticeable difference but if you already had a PS4 Pro then I don't think the difference justifies a new console.

That said, if you own both, then XB1X is the way to go.

Soldato
Gone for it, 449 EUR for One X + RDR2 + F7 + FH4.

Probably flog the Forzas and just get the game pass...there's quite the back catalogue there that I want to work through, starting with the Halos :)

Soldato
Gone for it, 449 EUR for One X + RDR2 + F7 + FH4.

Probably flog the Forzas and just get the game pass...there's quite the back catalogue there that I want to work through, starting with the Halos :)
You get a trial code with the console for gamepass and if you turn on recurring sub you get another month free to get you started :)

Soldato
You get a trial code with the console for gamepass and if you turn on recurring sub you get another month free to get you started :)

Coolio, I'll probably save it for a while. Nabbed a spare copy of Odyssey, that and RDR2 will keep me busy for a while.

I was teetering on the brink of a GPU upgrade recently, but this One X deal is too good value. Even though I'm on 1080p I'm pretty sure the supersampling is going to look great.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was teetering on the brink of a GPU upgrade recently, but this One X deal is too good value. Even though I'm on 1080p I'm pretty sure the supersampling is going to look great.

Yeah it does. I've got a 4K TV but haven't had the chance to play RDR2 at home yet. Brought my X to a mate's house and playing RDR2 here on his 1080p TV and it still looks great, I'm impressed.

Soldato
Ive just caved in and bought one...... my missus is gonna go ******* berserk,.

£409.00 from Game with RDR2, FH4, FM7 & Overwatch. The clincher was the 4 months paypal credit (interest free).

A question though, has anyone got their Xbox one X hooked up to a 34" superwide ? Thats what i'll be using,

Soldato
Yeah it does. I've got a 4K TV but haven't had the chance to play RDR2 at home yet. Brought my X to a mate's house and playing RDR2 here on his 1080p TV and it still looks great, I'm impressed.

Yep I was worried the X might be a waste at 1080p, but it's much nicer than the PS4 with the downsampling. Played a little Odyssey and it's a nice step up from my 970 via Steam Link too. Very happy with it.

Nice solid bit of kit too.

Haven't played a Halo game since 3, so looking forward to ploughing through them, starting from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom