Xbox One X

Soldato
They must have some seriously crappy hard drives in these consoles. I have seen so many posts on the same thing.

Do you use an external or internal to play games?

Mainly my external drive so it's ok at the moment but it won't be long until it fails completely.

I spoke to Ms yesterday and because they sent a replacement console with a different serial last time I have to wait for them to swap my extending warranty. Cheeky gits also asked me for proof of purchase for the extended warranty!

Soldato
Mainly my external drive so it's ok at the moment but it won't be long until it fails completely.

I spoke to Ms yesterday and because they sent a replacement console with a different serial last time I have to wait for them to swap my extending warranty. Cheeky gits also asked me for proof of purchase for the extended warranty!

So the HDD hasn't busted completely yet then, do you use that MS advanced exchange method?

Caporegime
Is anyone else's UI really laggy? Starting to **** me off, going through tiles and menus isn't responsive at all. Starting to think there's something wrong with the console it's that bad.

The store is even worse especially when actually trying to view a game, whoever thought it was a good idea to show a preview video on every game you look at needs shooting.

Soldato
Is anyone else's UI really laggy? Starting to **** me off, going through tiles and menus isn't responsive at all. Starting to think there's something wrong with the console it's that bad.

The store is even worse especially when actually trying to view a game, whoever thought it was a good idea to show a preview video on every game you look at needs shooting.

Mine is sometimes, You can refresh the dash (LT + RT then Y) which helps for a bit but it soon becomes slow again. It’s definstely one of the worse parts of the console tbh especially compared to the PS dash which is really nice to use.

Caporegime
Mine is sometimes, You can refresh the dash (LT + RT then Y) which helps for a bit but it soon becomes slow again. It’s definstely one of the worse parts of the console tbh especially compared to the PS dash which is really nice to use.

Thanks I'll give it a try, I wish they'd give an option to disable all the active tiles that show network related content, I have a feeling that doesn't help.

Associate
Thanks I'll give it a try, I wish they'd give an option to disable all the active tiles that show network related content, I have a feeling that doesn't help.

Store you can disable videos playing automatically.

Goto store, click on any game, you will see '...' top right, settings.

Soldato

Think it's just normal, I guess because the Xbox UI is very internet focused it can become unresponsive and laggy because it has to continually load in videos and advertisement rubbish, the main UI page is bare when no internet connection is detected.

Soldato
Is the one x worth it for somebody who already has a normal one i.e. not S? I do have a 4K HGR tv as well,
Yep if you have 4K HDR HDTV its worth it for sure. More and more games are getting back ported to Enhanced for X as well as older Xbox 360 titles along with the new releases which use HDR as standard.

Caporegime
Dam that's not what my wallet wanted to hear lol. Sorry bout the typo lol. I've just checked and I can't even blame my phone as I just tried it and hdr was fine.

Depends what you want. I found playing GTA V on my 360 no less immersive then playing it on the Xbox one. I still need to finish red dead 1 after 7 years as I got bored half way through!

Back
Top Bottom