Xbox One X

Associate
Yep I was worried the X might be a waste at 1080p, but it's much nicer than the PS4 with the downsampling. Played a little Odyssey and it's a nice step up from my 970 via Steam Link too. Very happy with it.

Nice solid bit of kit too.

Haven't played a Halo game since 3, so looking forward to ploughing through them, starting from the beginning.

Now purchase xbox elite controller. Heh

Soldato
Hi, so close to tapping the order button tempted to get the xbox one x to play rdr2 xbox one x being the best platform for the game dont think I wanna wait for PC version, I have an 65 inch LG B6 Oled TV but will play on PC monitor its just more comfortable which is 27inch 1080p so should still look good with xbox one x although without HDR

smyths seems the best price at £389.99 with rdr2 bundle

Soldato
Gents, help me out if you may. I get my new xbox one x tomorrow and wondered about this :

Would games generally look better on my 50" 1080p plasma (about 7 years old) or on my Acer Predator X34 superwide ????

Have any of you tried it on a superwide and then a normal tv ?

Caporegime
None of the consoles support 21:9 aspect ratio so you're going to get black bars on the monitor. That would automatically make your plasma TV win in my eyes.

I can't get it round my head why people prefer to use smaller displays for console gaming. The bigger the better I say. 1080p @ 50" is better than 4K @ 27" or whatever to me.

Soldato
Gents, help me out if you may. I get my new xbox one x tomorrow and wondered about this :

Would games generally look better on my 50" 1080p plasma (about 7 years old) or on my Acer Predator X34 superwide ????

Have any of you tried it on a superwide and then a normal tv ?

I've been surprised how good it looks on a 1080p TV. Mines a 42" and I sit 12+ feet away. Razor sharp with the downsampling from 4k. I wouldn't be able to tell the difference if my TV was 4k at that distance anyway.

Soldato
Been playing on my Sony 50 inch HDR telly, i do like the HDR but it is noticably dimmer than standard viewing.. Just about done with chapter 2 on red dead 2.

Decided to move it to my gaming desk with my PC and play it on my acer predator 27" 4k monitor, looks great :)

Game of the year easily so far.. the attention to detail is phenomenal

The one X is handling the game great.. pretty quiet, similar to a laptop on a light gaming load..

Soldato
Looks like BF1 is this months main game on GWG. I think the season pass is still free (last day today?). I only bought it last week on the PS4 when it was £3.99 + free premium doh! Oh well now I have it twice and I'll still probably never play it.

Soldato
What sort of download speed do you lot get if using 5ghz WiFi? I have Virgin 200mb and was downloading Forza Horizon 4 at around 100mb last night.

I need to buy a longer Ethernet cable and hadn't thought of that in advance, but if Microsoft's servers are not usually fast enough to cap my internet then I'll leave it on 5ghz.

Caporegime
Hi, so close to tapping the order button tempted to get the xbox one x to play rdr2 xbox one x being the best platform for the game dont think I wanna wait for PC version, I have an 65 inch LG B6 Oled TV but will play on PC monitor its just more comfortable which is 27inch 1080p so should still look good with xbox one x although without HDR

smyths seems the best price at £389.99 with rdr2 bundle

770111.gif

Soldato
So much better than the PS4. Can play TuneIn Radio while in games? Hallelujah!

Game pass is the killer package. I usually end up with all the consoles each gen, but coming to Xbox One quite late, the game pass is awesome. I now have queued up :

Halo MCC
Halo 5
Forza Horizon 4
Quantam Break
Dirt 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Plus RDR2 and AC Odyssey. Enough to play for a year at least. Plus lots of indie games on the paper like Abzu, Rime that I've been wanting to play.

All that to play and last night I got hooked again on Halo 1....so good :)

Soldato
I've been contemplating ordering the Xbox X given the deals available but decided to hold fire for now as I have a PS4 pro and original Xbox so only really need it for exclusives if I'm being OCD about the image quality!

The game pass is a great deal though given all the games you get. Especially as you can literally sign up and cancel anytime. Might give it a shot the next time I'm on holiday.

All these pre Xmas offers (seems like odd timing given they usually crank prices up this time of year) make me think it can't be long until the next generation (xbox2/ps5) models are out!

Soldato
One question, the Forza codes I got in the bundle, since I'm using game pass, I might as well sell em. Are they just for Xbox or work on PC as well?

Soldato
Any other useful stuff? How do you get screenshots/videos onto PC? Can it put em on OneDrive? Streaming to PC?

Need to look into the dev side too, think you can unlock it for UWP dev?

Associate
Any other useful stuff? How do you get screenshots/videos onto PC? Can it put em on OneDrive? Streaming to PC?

Need to look into the dev side too, think you can unlock it for UWP dev?

You can upload using onedrive, YouTube,

https://xboxdvr.com very good site lists everyone clips for easy sharing.

Dev mode, just need Dev Mode Activation app from the Xbox One store

PC, you have streaming from xbox to PC, but Playanywhere no point, you can jump between platforms and saves automatically upload to cloud.

You know about Microsoft Point system for free gamepass and gold?

Soldato
Bought the xbox one x for rdr2 usually game on pc with at least 60fps can really tell how not smooth 30fps would have been great if it ran 60fps at 1080p

Back
Top Bottom