1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One X

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by signs, Jun 13, 2017.

1. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Caved and ordered the 12month game pass deal on amazon. Order is still showing as pending for me, how long do you have before you activate the code?

2. Zico

Mobster

The code should be available under Your Orders list > then Go to Your Games Library. You can simply cut and past this code into the Xbox App on Windows 10 to redeem it OR via the dashboard.

There is likely an expiry duration (likely to be 90 days if it's like the MS/Xbox gift credit that you can claim via MS Rewards) for redeeming the code but asking Microsoft in the past they simply referred me back to Amazon as they are the retailer of the code and should state this on the product page, which Amazon don't.

If you already have a current Game Pass subscription, you can stack this on top like the Live sub. If you are in a trial month, wait for the last few days and then redeem the 12 month code. At least for me, I claimed a 6 month code after a couple of weeks and it started the full subscription immediately and I lost the remaining few weeks of my trial period.

3. willhub

Capodecina

How much is the 12 month is it on offer?

4. mid_gen

Sgarrista

It's 59 euros for 12 months, until 30th December, from the rainforest...here in Germany anyway.

I figure it's the price of a single AAA game these days, plenty of games I'm enjoying on it.

5. willhub

Capodecina

My gf is going to use the old Xbox One, can I use my game pass on 2 Xboxes at same time? And she use her account under mine with game pass?

Also, if I install a game on my one X, then I install the same game on the one, will it download much quicker and transfer all content from the one X rather than download off the internet?

6. Dredd

Wise Guy

Yes you can share gamepass/live/ea access

Down to your network speed vs internet speed.

7. suenstar

Hitman

Just picked up an Xbox One X with Red Dead Redemption 2, Forza Horizons 4, Fallout 76, a month of the game pass and a month of gold.

Also came with a £30 card, any recommendations on a game with either a long story or a lot of replay value while their sale is still on?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  8. ic1male

Capodecina

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is £27.50 and that is a very long story!

9. Dannyb01y

Mobster

Xbox game pass is £24 for 6 months. A lot of gaming for the money.

10. DIABLO

Soldato

edit.

11. DIABLO

Soldato

Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition

or Assassins Creed Odyssey.

12. suenstar

Hitman

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    I've tried to get into Witcher 3 so many times but always end up disliking it after a few of the transitions into playing as Ciri. Will give AC Odyssey a look though.

Got a month of the game pass to test it out, probably will extend it as it's not a bad trade off for access to a selection of games.

13. Scottland

Capodecina

I've never really been into AC games, but it's actually very good and if you're not super into RPG games (like me) it's pretty accessible.

14. oweneades

Sgarrista

I ordered the same after having a blast in Horizon 4 and Ashen. Loads of other games I wanted to play so £48 seemed like a good deal.

For me I was able to follow the link in my email (I assume also visible within my orders on Amazon) and it auto copied the code and opened the redemption page on the Microsoft store.

EDIT: Can anyone recommend (from use) a decent entry level complete wheel/pedals and shifter set for both the Xbox and PC?

I am weighing up the likes of the Logitech G920 as its seems a good buy for £180. Reading reviews does suggest it isn't the greatest but the other options (Thrustmaster TMX with 3 pedal set and shifter) seem a lot more expensive.

My idea was to pick up a cheaper (yet still decent set first before moving (jumping?) up to a Fanatec setup if I really enjoy it.

15. suenstar

Hitman

Apparently I had AC Odyssey on the PC and never realised...
    Ended up adding a little bit extra to the funds on my Xbox and got Resident Evil 5 & 6 as I realised I've never played those ones and both were on offer for £6.40 each and Nier: Automata. Tempted to pre-order Genesis Alpha One as well, looks fairly interesting.

16. hartgeh3

Wise Guy

Anyone hear their XB1 making a noise when it is off? Like hard drive/disc intermittent whirring? I dont know if its doing an update or something but its annoying

17. sja360

Mobster

Is it set to energy saving or instant on ?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  18. hartgeh3

Wise Guy

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  19. arrkaye

Associate

The HDR in Forza Horizon 3 looked incredible on my Samsung TV and X1X. The key was the sky looked like a sky. Magnificent!

20. hyperseven

Soldato

Ace Combat 6 is now BC. Fiver at CEX for physical also free if you preorder AC7.