1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One X

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by signs, Jun 13, 2017.

1. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Instant On is the best thing about switching to Xbox from PS4! Love being able to just fire it up and jump stright back into a game, no loading screens.

That and being able to properly multitask, play internet radio, watch sport, play games.

2. ic1male

Capodecina

Eh? The PS4 does it, too?

3. mid_gen

Sgarrista

There's a low-power suspend that'll download updates etc, and starts quicker....but doesn't instant resume games, you have to launch the game again from scratch.

Unless something's changed since I last used my PS4, it's been a few months now.

4. ic1male

Capodecina

I think it depends on whether you are in a multiplayer mode or not but instant resume into games has worked since they added it in 2015.

5. mid_gen

Sgarrista

Can honestly say I've never seen a game instant resume on PS4! At least if it is, it's not the same definition of 'instant' as I use.

6. ic1male

Capodecina

Maybe you haven’t got the option selected in your settings? There’s a checkbox that says whether applications should be suspended in rest mode or not.

https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/standbymode.html

7. willhub

Capodecina

How much power does it use when it's "turned off"? I'm sure I felt mine when it was off and thought hmm that's a bit warm?

8. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

If it’s fully off under 1w in instant on it’s anything from 10w-39w depending what it’s doing.

9. willhub

Capodecina

That's like 4 lights on all the time, not too good for leccy think best switch instant on off even though it's epic.

10. sja360

Mobster

I find it's quite a wait when the console is on power saving. Also once it's on you could be facings GB's of updates.

11. DIABLO

Soldato

Frankly user failure, PS4 does that..

12. antijoke

Caporegime

I find my PS4 never consistently downloads updates for games when in instant on mode, it’s annoying.

I leave it on for that very reason, yet when I boot the game up “an update is available” pops up

13. Dredd

Wise Guy

Ps4 only updates last 5 played games. Xbox checks everything every day.

14. antijoke

Caporegime

My most recent games were CoD and i play it loads, would never dl an update.

15. hyperseven

Soldato

Dirt Rally 2.0 Deluxe less than £19 from our ARS friends :eek:

16. cyclops12

Wise Guy

Hi guy's!, help please I'm new to live gold games.

I can't seem to add the 360 games from this month's free games to my library.

I can see the one x games both online and on my one x but can't see the 360 games on either.

Is there anyway that I can see my 360 games on the one x? I can install them and play but they disapear from library when uninstalled.

Thanks!

17. Ysmalari

Hitman

Your games list is probably filtered to be showing xbox one games only, in the top right of the 'My games and apps' screen you should see the option to filter the list, change this to show All in the Ready to Install section and it should show all uninstalled games.

18. Chris1712

Sgarrista

It's a crap system on PS4, I think it checks your most recent games just once a day like 2am. So if the update comes out at 3am then you try to play it at 6pm it won't have downloaded it. Utter garbage.

19. MrRockliffe

Wise Guy

I have my xbox turn off fully, as I've had a number of software issues that are resolved by a full restart, so I now just turn it off every time so that it starts from afresh every day :) I also don't mind waiting a minute or two for it to turn on when I need it

20. Arcane

Mobster

So my second replacement Xbox one X is now apparently out of warranty and they want £189 to fix it. The Blu-ray has died, not the end of the world but I'd like to get it working. Anyone know of any places to get spares? A few Chinese vendors on the bay is all I can find.