1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One X

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by signs, Jun 13, 2017.

1. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Yes did mine when I replaced the hard drive with MX4. The stock stuff MS use was horrid and dry. It seems a bit quieter but tbh it’s hard to tell. I was more impressed with the drive swap difference tbh.

It’s not seen a great deal of use lately since I have got back into the Original Xbox.

2. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Pleased I never bought that in the sales now, was eventually going to get it, so this is excellent.

Will be joining up to Game Pass soon, brilliant service and seems to be getting better and better.

3. willhub

Capodecina

Is it easy to swap the drivers out? I heard it's hard to get the OS back onto the new one?

I thought about changing the paste as apparently it'll make it run faster due to the GPU throttling?

4. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

It’s pretty easy to do this guide is pretty good...

https://www.tfix.co.uk/guides/how-to-upgrade-xbox-one-hard-drive/

Not heard of any throttling on one x tbh..

5. pcfarrar

Hitman

6. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

I wanted mine as a fresh drive. A few seem to have issues when cloning the drive.

I did mine so it was like a new One X then re-setup it took a while but I have had no issues at all since doing it...

7. Arcane

Mobster

I've got no access to a PC at present, could I replace the drive somehow without access to windows? Closest thing I can use is the wife's iMac. My eBay replacement Bluray drive arrived last night, looks like it's been taken from another unit, definitely not new, bit cheeky but as long as it works I can't be bothered to whinge. Scared of the soldering bit but just have to try I suppose.

8. pcfarrar

Hitman

Mac has a lot of the linux tools so it wouldn't be a problem if you know your stuff.

9. Witcher1980

Gangster

Quick question for you guys.

I have the division on disc, but it was recently on game pass so I used that version to stop having to put the disc in.

I noticed today it was removed from game pass as it now says insert disc or buy from the store. I inserted the disc and it started installing again and downloading 19gb. Atm division now shows up twice in my game library. The game pass version is still installed and showing in storage.

Should it not just use the gamepass version and read the disc for a license?

10. sja360

Mobster

You didn't buy the digital copy/license so it's not in your history. it's removed from gamepass you'll have to use the disc.

11. Witcher1980

Gangster

Yeah I know I have to use the disc each time now, but I thought the installed Game Pass version would work with the disc license as it does say insert disc which was already in. Instead of having to download the 19gb patches again.

Seems silly to me if the disc is inserted it has a license, but from what you are saying digital has a different license so the disc license will not work.

12. TheVoice

Capodecina

The drives would need to be the same size for that to work, part of the process of setting up the "new" drive is formatting and partitioning it for the correct size.

13. malachi

Sgarrista

Yes it is, I found this out with Killer Instinct when I had the digital version. Purchased the retail disc and had two separate installs on my console taking up space :(

14. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Just found out why the Project Gotham series will never come to BC. When Bizarre creations was purchased by Activision Bizarre retained the rights to Project Gotham even though it was a Microsoft game studios release. Activision shut Down Bizarre creations and now they hold the rights to the Gotham series with no intention to release the rights or games. MS have tried to buy back the rights to the games and if they cannot secure a deal then all hope is pretty much lost I think.

Shame really as PGR4 was superb and I still enjoy playing it on 360.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  15. r3d zombie

Mobster

did MSR come to xbox?, I remember playing it, but not sure on which console. very similar iirc

16. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Yes as Project Gotham. It was on Dreamcast as MSR originally both made by Bizarre PGR is a continuation of MSR.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  17. Arcane

Mobster

[​IMG]
    More messing about than I thought it would be but Blu-ray working now so well done me.

18. r3d zombie

Mobster

yeah Dreamcast, that was it. It had a Kudos system that was something a bit different from the average arcade racer.

19. pcfarrar

Hitman

Supposedly there was an Xbox update released yesterday that speeds up the home screen.

20. willhub

Capodecina

I'm not in two minds if I should keep my XBOX, I play on it occasional but the PC has more games I play, the main attraction on XBOX is 4K HDR which is just reliable, it works, even if it isn't "true 4k", but feels like I'm waiting 400 quid just hardly using it! And if a XBOX "TWO" is around the corner, well.. not sure what to do.