1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One X

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by signs, Jun 13, 2017.

1. hyperseven

Soldato

think the drive is paired with the motherboard so you have to replace both.

2. arcon33

Hitman

Has anyone noticed their console noise levels increase over time? My day one scorpio edition sounds so loud when gaming now, louder than my PS4 Pro used to be when under load, it used to be whisper quiet when first purchased, and it seems to be red hot, all the talk about the Hovis method I could probably toast bread on it now :D

3. ak22

Soldato

Both my previous PS4 did I opened up my slim not long ago and found lots of dust inside , blasted it with compressed air and gave it a clean seemed to work wonders.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  4. Soulja

Capodecina

Well it would seem my Scorpio is on its way out again for about the 5th time. When I boot it up the screen is completely blank.

5. TheVoice

Capodecina

See the other thread, they're all doing it, appears to be a server-side change MS have done as there hasn't been a software update that I could see when mine briefly let me access the settings.

6. Davanius

Wise Guy

I am getting a blank dash as well. Only way to get it back is by removing the ethernet cord when it's off.

7. tribz

Wise Guy

How annoying, I’ve just wiped mine thinking it was failing! I should have checked live service status first but the black screen and partial controller input made it look like a local problem.

8. Soulja

Capodecina

O bloody hell. I've just wiped it as well :D Thanks for the heads up though.

9. antijoke

Caporegime

I had this when my unit was breaking.

You can navigate your games if you just want to play by pressing the guide button which then brings up the side bar to show recent games, and you can then click those to play your games or press games and apps to choose something else

10. Yas786

Caporegime

Anyone recommend any good Xbox one elite controller bumper replacement kits??

Mine has broken off completely, seems it’s an inherent issue and rather than forking out another £100 if I can fix, I’d rather do that.

I’ve seen a few on amazon but reviews aren’t great. Ebay same as well but wanted to know if anyone has done it and which kit they used??

Cheers

11. shuffle

Hitman

Xbox one x working now, worried earlier thought it was bricked , black screen etc . Looked at Microsoft’s service update so knew it wasn’t just mine.

12. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Is there an ideal time to renew live gold membership.

Mine expires in about 2 weeks, thinking the longer I leave it, an offer might pop up on the dash. What's your experience of this?

13. Marvt74

Capodecina

Not sure anything usually pops up.

I think the best plan is to pick up deals in Black Friday deals etc and store up cards.

14. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Should have done that at the time, I will let it run down to about a week left anyway, might get something on the dash.

15. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

I have a game pass £1 for 1 month offer on my dash, if I was to get that, can I stack a 12month game pass on top as well?

16. chroniclard

Capodecina

Anyone noticed any deals around for Xbox One X, they seem quite expensive at the moment, sure they were a bit cheaper before christmas? :)

Son has saved his pocket/birthday/christmas money for a year and I said I would help towards one, going to need to buy one soon. :p

17. hyperseven

Soldato

just watching the #insidexbox stream.

Crackdown 3 intro now playing, can't believe its actually out in just over a week.

EDIT:

Gamepass 7/2/19
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Batman: Return to Arkham
    Walking Dead S1

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  18. Witcher1980

Gangster

Damn, got return to arkham on the PS4 as it was on offer around a week ago, now it is free on xbox game pass. Should have waited.......

19. willhub

Capodecina

Anyone decided to replace the thermal paste?

20. ic1male

Caporegime

Pretty cool that Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on Game Pass already. Must have been a sales flop. Hitman 2 might be on it in a few months as I don’t think that sold very well, either.