Xbox One X

Lol, I won't be getting the game or an Xbox one x. I'm just curious about whats happening with the console as its the first "next gen" console from the major players. I just found it a bit odd that they didn't mention it.
So the PS4 Pro doesn't exist? This is not next gen either, but another iteration.

I'd say the one X is a big enough leap over the original Xbox one to be considered next gen.

Xbox 360 was 240 gigaflops
Xbox One was 5.4x as fast (1.31 teraflops)
Xbox One X is 4.5x as fast as that (6 teraflops)

Last edited:
The Xbox One X is a new generation (MS just don't want to label it as that for whatever reason), it doesn't need exclusive titles to make it that, this is just another way of skinning the generation cat without upsetting everyone.

The upgrades in Scorpio are huge.

looking forward to getting my X in a few weeks!

got a Xbox one s 500gb at the moment, any advice on best way to trade it in or sell private ? Any idea on price for either.

Also any recommendations for the best game to show off the X on release day ? Was thinking assassins creed origins.

The thing that stops the One X (and the PS4 Pro) being next gen is the CPU. It's not next gen at all. The One X has done a better job than the Pro with the extra ram and a little more speed but that's just for 4K and textures. True next gen will come with 7nm and some kind of new 7nm CPU from AMD based on Zen+, that's when you'll actually see a gameplay difference and not just a graphics/4K one.

Back
Top Bottom