Xbox One X

After reading the latest EA article on Eurogamer I'm wavering again! Seems like all games will be going down the mobile game route which I hate with a passion :(

PS5 I might be coming out next year so another option.

Last I heard, 2020 was being touted as more feasible for industry insiders.

Still, competition is good.. it took the Xbox being more powerful by a margin than PS2 for Xbox to start gaining traction, and they only just kept that momentum with X360 which was just about parity with PS3.. the Xbox One being quite down on power compared to PS4 just cemented a downward trend IMO, and this new console (which is great to keep the competition alive) will see how much people do actually want better graphics.

Since I play on both, I actually prefer the online aspect of the Xbox, far more seamless for me, so I want Xbox to succeed as much as Playstation, simply as we need both side to keep pushing each other.. Its demonstrable how both companies struggle in a vacuum, they revert to type, not innovating and just going for the money..

This is one thing I hope continues:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-24-gears-of-war-4-campaign-runs-at-60fps-on-xbox-one-x
60fps options on games is a god send.. I know the Jaguar CPU is a bit weak (although MS' seemed to spend a lot of time gathering vital hardware data to add optimisations), but I'd take 1440p/60 (my go to settings for my 4770K/GTX970 PC) anyday of the week!

I have all the consoles and have done since the previous generation. I too think that the Xbox has a much better experience to it, Nintendo really need to sort their online/social aspect out and introduce (IMO) an achievement/trophy system... Stars perhaps...?

I have all the consoles and have done since the previous generation. I too think that the Xbox has a much better experience to it, Nintendo really need to sort their online/social aspect out and introduce (IMO) an achievement/trophy system... Stars perhaps...?

Gold_Star.jpg

just fully paid for my Xbox one X, bye's to my monies,. Have got Forza 7, Need For Speed Payback,
Super Lucky's Tale, Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Animal, Assasins Creed Origin, then all these i got cheap of ebay:
Sunset Overdrive
Screamride
Forza 7
Killer Instinct
Halo 5: Guardians
Rare Replay

only thing is i cannot play till xmas day as it's all my xmas pressie,
good job i have Switch & PS4 Pro to play till then.

Last edited:
Got a Scorpio edition on pre-order with Amazon since September. Never pre-ordered a console with Amazon before and getting a sneaky feeling they are going to screw it up.

Might be a case of seeing if I can pick one a standard X on the day if that's the case - any more updates on whether there are likely to be stock available in stores? Any mention of any retailers doing a launch event yet?

Got a Scorpio edition on pre-order with Amazon since September. Never pre-ordered a console with Amazon before and getting a sneaky feeling they are going to screw it up.

Might be a case of seeing if I can pick one a standard X on the day if that's the case - any more updates on whether there are likely to be stock available in stores? Any mention of any retailers doing a launch event yet?

Likewise, I don’t even know why I pre ordered with them! If I could find somewhere else’s with a Scorpio edition I’d switch without a blink of the eye.

Yes and no on the excitement levels.

Only game I'll own is Forza 7 (I have a ps4 pro with fifa,Gran Turismo Sport etc) and the main game I want has no release date yet....PUBG

But still kinda excited as not had an Xbox for a year or 2

In all honestly I'm looking forward to COD and BF2.......but before I do anything, I need to find a 4k TV for the office (computer room). 32" Ideally, but there are NO decent 32" 4k available unless paying 1k (and even then, I'm not convinced it's any good).

I’m not really too sure I’ve still got one on preorder. Main game I’m playing at the moment is Forza 7 and I’m playing that on my 4K TV via my PC with a 1080Ti so I’m not exactly going to gain anything.

I should cancel my preorder until at least some games I want come out on it, but I know I won’t.

Back
Top Bottom