Xbox One X

Associate
I'm pretty sure I've read that to have a game work on BC it's a simple tool that's used by Microsoft, no code changes needed at all.

Maybe the res increase and HDR do.

Associate
Well Frontier Developments aren't doing the updates for Zoo Tycoon and Disneyland Adventures. Microsoft have passed the source code to another team who are doing the updated versions. So EA *could* do something simmilar, but without a financial reason to, it's probably less likely.

Caporegime
I'm pretty sure I've read that to have a game work on BC it's a simple tool that's used by Microsoft, no code changes needed at all.

Maybe the res increase and HDR do.

Nothing requires altering the source code. Microsoft's emulator does everything from resolution increase, HDR, running PowerPC code on Xbone, etc. It's quite a marvel of engineering really.

Soldato
I cant see the point in picking one up yet, not until some killer titles are announced for it.
Microsoft etc, have been pretty lacklustre for a long time ,in bringing out many good games.
I will keep an eye on it though

Soldato
Yeh they seem to run okay except for Forza 6 Apex. That was terrible.
FH3, GoW both run brilliantly and although I haven't tried it they should be cross play multiplayer with Xbox players. Seems most if not all of MS published games will also be cross-play as well as play anywhere.

So essentially the player base would still be the console player base. Here's to MS further integrating the platforms.

I agree with this, definitely good for people like you and me who have that PC capable of running those cross platform titles.

For anything else I have my PS4 Pro and Switch.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on the X though, it does sound like it's going to be really impressive.

Soldato
I agree with this, definitely good for people like you and me who have that PC capable of running those cross platform titles.

For anything else I have my PS4 Pro and Switch.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on the X though, it does sound like it's going to be really impressive.
Yup I really want them to integrate as much of the Xbox stuff into PC as possible. My OG Xbox was my favourite platform but I really that it is the odd one out if you have a PC in your main gaming room.
I have a PS4 Pro for all the exclusives and multiplayer like Destiny 2 and I'm gonna pick up a Switch soon.

Associate
I'm interested in seeing (hearing) how loud the cooling system is, especially when digital foundry do all there stuff like thermal camera etc. My ps4 pro is noticeably audible , especially under demanding titles like uncharted 4

Soldato
I'm interested in seeing (hearing) how loud the cooling system is, especially when digital foundry do all there stuff like thermal camera etc. My ps4 pro is noticeably audible , especially under demanding titles like uncharted 4

Is that a problem? Mine is rathee loud but i not i don’t really pay attention to it in game.

Associate
OP

I'm sure i read its the quietest console Microsoft have built so far !

Caporegime
I've read that it's supposed to be the quietest yet to. It has some special vapour cooling system iirc

That’s right. I was going from what Albert Penello at Xbox said which is something like the X1X will sound louder than the S when playing 4K stuff. But it seems the guy talks nonsense half the time, so I’ll wait and see what Digital Foundry says. :D

Back
Top Bottom